Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've never gotten chills from a loving title sequence before but with the music and slow reveal on the letters I was climaxing before it even started

"Holy poo poo this is gonna be awesome"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zItdK13pSik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I've never gotten chills from a loving title sequence before but with the music and slow reveal on the letters I was climaxing before it even started

"Holy poo poo this is gonna be awesome"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zItdK13pSik

i can't wait till they make a movie called alien and its just people freaking out because a mexican is in a suburb

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Alien is a great movie

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hmm it's alright I gues sbut kind of short
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xenyuC_8nTA

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Best part wasn't even in the movie.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

a hole-y ghost posted:

hmm it's alright I gues sbut kind of short
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xenyuC_8nTA

owns

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I like lots of dumb movies about space and space monsters and this is a good one.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

its a good movvie

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

That guy did a really good job.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
It was a good movie but Aliens was better.

They mostly come out at night. Mostly.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
never seen it actually

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I thought Alien Resurrection was underrated. Mainly because its so reviled, I guess I just figure it isn't quite as bad as people make it out to be. It's not great or anything, but it's not the worst film ever made.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

1gnoirents posted:

never seen it actually

Watch the first three Alien movies back to back right now. I don't even care what else youre doing, if youre at work tell your boss youre sick and go home and do it. gently caress is wrong with you.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Hey sorry but you're wrong. Aliens is a far weaker film than Alien.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Watch the first three Alien movies back to back right now. I don't even care what else youre doing, if youre at work tell your boss youre sick and go home and do it. gently caress is wrong with you.

I've never seen scarface either. It seems to cause the same sort of reaction in people...

I probably will tbh, I just forget about it. I am at work though!!!!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Sklyansky posted:

I thought Alien Resurrection was underrated. Mainly because its so reviled, I guess I just figure it isn't quite as bad as people make it out to be. It's not great or anything, but it's not the worst film ever made.

i only saw it once when it first came out and it was kinda goofy but i enjoyed it. the lab scene with all the hosed up ripley clones was p cool

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Watching alien and aliens is as necessary to being a functional member of American society as Star Wars or Indiana jones.

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
the whole movie is a metaphor for rape hth

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

1gnoirents posted:

I've never seen scarface either. It seems to cause the same sort of reaction in people...

I probably will tbh, I just forget about it. I am at work though!!!!

Scarface is forgivable since you can pretty much just watch any Scorsese movie with Al Paccino in it and you've seen Scarface but the original Alien trilogy, nothing ever has or ever will be quite like it.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can understand someone enjoying Aliens more than Alien, but Alien is clearly the superior film.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I will watch them

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Billmac posted:

It really is.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Alien is boring

it's literally just a slasher flick

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hey guys: <contentious opinion>

(lol)

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Billmac posted:

Nerds have spoken in the direction of lord Christ Roberts and space rape has been declared good.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Alien is a great movie. I love slow atmospheric sci-fi. I love sci-fi horror. I love speculative fiction about how lovely the future is. I love that whole cast. If you get a bunch of theater types & put them on a small set with practical effects you can get some pretty good work out of them and everyone in that movie puts in a great performance. I wish there were less movies about shooting guns at things in space and more movies about people getting their asses handed to them by freaky poo poo in space. Well, anyway, that's my opinion of the movie.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Alien is a great movie. I love slow atmospheric sci-fi. I love sci-fi horror. I love speculative fiction about how lovely the future is. I love that whole cast. If you get a bunch of theater types & put them on a small set with practical effects you can get some pretty good work out of them and everyone in that movie puts in a great performance. I wish there were less movies about shooting guns at things in space and more movies about people getting their asses handed to them by freaky poo poo in space. Well, anyway, that's my opinion of the movie.

you might like europa report then

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I like this movie so much that I'm gonna go watch it right now.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
You know I've seen alien a bunch of times but I don't think I've ever watched it stoned.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello my baby hello my honey, hello my ragtime gaaaaaal

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dee eight posted:

isn't that the movie about the jewish kid that goes undercover as a nazi?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Alien is indeed a great movie.

InterFaced posted:

You know I've seen alien a bunch of times but I don't think I've ever watched it stoned.

You should.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

dee eight posted:

I had overlooked that one due to the phrase "found footage" in it's description but I'll give it a go, thanks.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Europa Report dragged at times but it had a really rewarding ending. definitely worth a watch

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

a hole-y ghost posted:

isn't that the movie about the jewish kid that goes undercover as a nazi?

no its about astronauts going to a jupiter moon and poo poo happens with some boring stuff inbetween the poo poo happenings

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Alien was the better horror movie, Aliens was the better action movie.
That scene where the xenomorph rises out of the water behind Newt is just the coolest drat thing ever.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

Hey guys: <contentious opinion>

(lol)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hear Europa report was really bad, like really genuinely bad. Which is the only reason I haven't watched it yet honestly.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I've seen a lot of bad sci-fi. I recently watched a low budget found footage movie about some guys who go on a ghost hunt & stumble upon what looks like a loving machine & turns out to be a time travel device for some time traveling shutterbug aliens that used to live on the moon & have a sizable poloroid collection & live in old abandoned office buildings & sewers. At one point someone shoots off what is clearly a bottle rocket and it's referred to later on as a UFO. Bad sci-fi has never stopped me from watching more bad sci-fi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

I hear Europa report was really bad, like really genuinely bad. Which is the only reason I haven't watched it yet honestly.

whoever told you that is a liar. it's just not action-packed like, at all, it might be the most ponderous sci fi i've seen besdies Stalker

• Locked thread