Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

swimming anime posted:

Any favorites in this genre for Android phones? AdVenture Capitalist is ok, pretty standard. I tried some bitcoin game with interesting 8bit graphics but it was way too blatantly pushing toward IAPs.

Yeah Bitcoin Billionaire is pretty standard. I got 50 of everything but quit after I saw that prestige only gives you a fixed 5% bonus.

Adventure Capitalist on mobile is a few versions behind the desktop version but it has the exact same annoying bugs: lots of disappearing upgrades, and one time I got zero angels on reset twice in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I miss Gold & Gems, I really enjoyed that combination of grind-murder-grind-murder.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Realm Grinder is a little slow but seems to have potential - it's basically "just" a Cookie Clicker ripoff in this day and age, but the six factions with different upgrades and active ability that you can only pick one of per reset is pretty clever, and the highest-tier building yield being based on the number of achievements you have is not bad either.

Nothing spectacular, but I'm playing it and I'll gladly keep an eye on it for new updates once I've burned out.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Realm Grinder is a little slow but seems to have potential - it's basically "just" a Cookie Clicker ripoff in this day and age, but the six factions with different upgrades and active ability that you can only pick one of per reset is pretty clever, and the highest-tier building yield being based on the number of achievements you have is not bad either.

Nothing spectacular, but I'm playing it and I'll gladly keep an eye on it for new updates once I've burned out.

I like the idea but needing to grind out 20 random-drop coins before you can join a faction is kind of obnoxious.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, that's easily the dumbest part - and second place is the 25000 coin upgrade to pick a good/evil side, although you can Tax Collect your way there in a few minutes pretty easily - but at least the faction upgrades, while they define you long-term, aren't super essential short-term.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

There's an early alpha game on kongregate called Idle Raiders. I'd link it but I'm phone posting and :effort:

You recruit adventurers and then send them out to farm for gold/XP/loot and level them up. There's a drop table complete with bullshit 1% drops. Seems like it has potential.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Well right now Realm Grinder is heavily reliant on clicking to get anywhere quickly, even if you choose factions that are supposedly about idling. And all buildings pale in comparison to income per second of the Hall of Legends that every faction gets as their last building. Factions don't really change how you play early game (when you can't afford the upgrades) or how you play the end game. It's pretty shallow.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, that's easily the dumbest part - and second place is the 25000 coin upgrade to pick a good/evil side, although you can Tax Collect your way there in a few minutes pretty easily - but at least the faction upgrades, while they define you long-term, aren't super essential short-term.

Also holy crap this game runs like garbage. I click on the chest and Firefox seizes up for half a second.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Once you get 100 of a building you can buy an auto clicker, which ends up giving you 10 clicks a second with most races. Goblin is broke as gently caress because of that, since one of their upgrades gives you a % bonus for every faction coin earned and you get tons of them from autoclicking once you get some gems built up. You can easily get a 10-100 fold increase in gems daily with the goblins and this game speedhacks well.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sage Grimm posted:

Well right now Realm Grinder is heavily reliant on clicking to get anywhere quickly, even if you choose factions that are supposedly about idling. And all buildings pale in comparison to income per second of the Hall of Legends that every faction gets as their last building. Factions don't really change how you play early game (when you can't afford the upgrades) or how you play the end game. It's pretty shallow.

Once you get enough achievements the hall of legends upgrades buff everything else more than it and you wind up getting most from heaven's gates and hell portals. I only manually click about 10 times a run now to get the first farm.

Also, you can do an Angel run to unlock autocast pretty easily.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 23, 2015

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Goblins are also super good at least to start because their 500 mana skill gives you 2 random buildings of any type. The second or third time I used it got me a Hall of Legends which was ~30x production boost from everything I'd done to that point.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Can anybody recommend a program that autoclicks at a particular spot? Google turns up a lot of sketchy-looking utilities.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
So i hear that the guy who is doing that Yandere Simulator game has a clicker game. I go to check it out - Unity so I have to download Firefox at sub 1mb/s speeds.

Yandere clicker is literally a find/replace cookie clicker but with knives instead of cookies. And lovely poser anime models.

Don't know what I was honestly expecting.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pope Guilty posted:

Can anybody recommend a program that autoclicks at a particular spot? Google turns up a lot of sketchy-looking utilities.
I just use AutoHotKey:
code:
SetTimer Click, 0

^q::Toggle := !Toggle
Click:
    If (!Toggle)
        Return
    Click
return
In fact, I think it came from someone else in this thread!

(also, if you don't want it to be at your mouse position, you can set specific coordinates with AHK also)

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

baram. posted:

Goblins are also super good at least to start because their 500 mana skill gives you 2 random buildings of any type. The second or third time I used it got me a Hall of Legends which was ~30x production boost from everything I'd done to that point.

After the early game that spell is easily the most useless one of all the class spells, but the Goblin's other benefits more than make up for it.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I dunno if it's weighted to be generous or I'm just really lucky, but that Goblin's Greed skill has bought me 9 Halls of Legends so far. I've actually yet to buy one the normal way.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The issue is that there isn't any point in raising anything but portals, slave pits and orc arenas once you hit 150 halls and have all the 300 trophies. Goblin mana regen is so slow that it takes weeks to double your income at high levels using their special but I can pretty easily get about 2.6x income just putting call to arms on auto after building up 500 casts for the last mana upgrade.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Looks like the Realm Grinder guy sees something a bit better than other things and nerfs it til it's the worst.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

dis astranagant posted:

Goblin is broke as gently caress

dis astranagant posted:

a bit better than other things

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

quote:

So the first thing you'll want to do is buy a few NewPixBots. NewPixBots operate under different rules. They give you a castle if, after about 12 minutes after a new frame starts, you haven't clicked the frame. If you do click it before then, that's called ninja'ing, and you won't get any castles from them until the frame resets again. So don't do that.

Seriously? Why isn't that mentioned loving anywhere? Goddamn XKCD spergs why do you have to be so awful?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It was really only broken with speedhack. You're not going to spend weeks or months on your 8th run without it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

And what does time travel mean? The guides and wikis are like "this is a thing" but don't actually explain the mechanic. Am I just being punkd?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Len posted:

And what does time travel mean? The guides and wikis are like "this is a thing" but don't actually explain the mechanic. Am I just being punkd?

Later on you'll get the ability to go back and forth between newpix you've seen.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

dis astranagant posted:

Later on you'll get the ability to go back and forth between newpix you've seen.

I'm supposed to get access to that if I "molpy down" after newpix 3 but I did that on newpix 9 and I'm not seeing that as a boost to buy. Is it a boost to buy? I dunno. The wiki is kind of vague and is acting like these things are common knowledge.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Len posted:

I'm supposed to get access to that if I "molpy down" after newpix 3 but I did that on newpix 9 and I'm not seeing that as a boost to buy. Is it a boost to buy? I dunno. The wiki is kind of vague and is acting like these things are common knowledge.

If I recall correctly, the boost should become visible to buy when you reach newpix 2 after molpying down on newpix 3 or later. The triggering event is "on the ONG, advance to a newpix that isn't your highest newpix".

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

If I recall correctly, the boost should become visible to buy when you reach newpix 2 after molpying down on newpix 3 or later. The triggering event is "on the ONG, advance to a newpix that isn't your highest newpix".

I must have done something wrong then because it isn't there

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Len posted:

No, the game is just really, really finicky, it's like an idle game made out of Bethesda RPG scripts: poo poo can and will break all the time, and sometimes you have to restart to fix it.

(I finally quit playing it when something just would not fire at all near the tier 2/tier 3 divide.)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Are dragons still the end? I haven't touched it since shortly after they were added.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
In regard to Clicker Heroes:

Wow, is Atman loving garbage. Why does the skill calculator recommend it at all?

Wasted about a week's worth of progress to level it and it's been completely useless.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Atman is fantastic. It almost doubles your hero soul income (and makes it a lot more consistent) once maxed.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Well it's either bugged for me or I've been consistently hosed by the RNG for over two hours now.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I've picked up AdCap again after being bored with Clicker Heroes and now I've only got a few upgrades to go. :dance: then after that it's back to the grind for all the achievements.

I don't even know what a quadquadrigiltillion is anymore.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Len posted:

You said you molpied down on newpix 9, are you at newpix 10 yet? If not, that's why you can't buy it - you have not gone past your highest newpix yet. Disregard, I read things wrong and posted hastily.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Merijn posted:

I've picked up AdCap again after being bored with Clicker Heroes and now I've only got a few upgrades to go. :dance: then after that it's back to the grind for all the achievements.

I don't even know what a quadquadrigiltillion is anymore.

I think if million is a 1 billion is a 2 and trillion is a 3 then that would be a 40 or something like that

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mr Scumbag posted:

Well it's either bugged for me or I've been consistently hosed by the RNG for over two hours now.

How often are you ascending?

I ask because if it's taking you an hour to grind out 5-10 bosses, that's not the most efficient way to gain hero souls (unless you're really early in the game I guess? Is Atman the first ancient you've purchased or something?)

I am pretty much ascending whenever it starts to take me an annoying amount of time to get to the next boss (5 minutes or whatever). Around 30-40 minutes per ascend. I got Atman early and he definitely doubled my soul income per ascend.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 24, 2015

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!

Len posted:

Seriously? Why isn't that mentioned loving anywhere? Goddamn XKCD spergs why do you have to be so awful?
You're expected to learn from seeing the results of trying different things. If you're already mad at the concept this isn't the game for you.

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

No, the game is just really, really finicky, it's like an idle game made out of Bethesda RPG scripts: poo poo can and will break all the time, and sometimes you have to restart to fix it.

(I finally quit playing it when something just would not fire at all near the tier 2/tier 3 divide.)
This wasn't true when I played, and as the main dev seems to be back around, really doubt it's become generally broken since. Check the reddit if something doesn't seem to work, it's a complicated game and it's easy to overlook things.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Wow, had no idea the original main developer was back in charge. That's great and hopefully he'll be able to reverse some of the bad design of the guy who came up with dragons.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Maugrim posted:

How often are you ascending?

I ask because if it's taking you an hour to grind out 5-10 bosses, that's not the most efficient way to gain hero souls (unless you're really early in the game I guess? Is Atman the first ancient you've purchased or something?)

I am pretty much ascending whenever it starts to take me an annoying amount of time to get to the next boss (5 minutes or whatever). Around 30-40 minutes per ascend. I got Atman early and he definitely doubled my soul income per ascend.

I'm ascending about every 15 to 20 minutes, if I'm paying full attention to my run. Around 15 souls per run (as recommended by the calculator). Problem is, that even without Atman in one run and Atman at level 8 straight after an ascention in the next, in two hours, I haven't noticed an increased in amount of souls at the same level. I know the souls spent will reduce my DPS, but even at the same levels as before my output is no better. I'm pretty sure it's bugged for me. I'm going to try saving the has and clearing cookies or something. Failing that, I'l break out a hex editor and arrange myself a full soul refund on a brand new run and re-buy everything. It's frustrating though.

I only got Atman because I had about five other ancients and their upgrade costs were getting expensive and the calculator was recommending Atman.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

OG17 posted:

You're expected to learn from seeing the results of trying different things. If you're already mad at the concept this isn't the game for you.

This wasn't true when I played, and as the main dev seems to be back around, really doubt it's become generally broken since. Check the reddit if something doesn't seem to work, it's a complicated game and it's easy to overlook things.

At no point would I assume not clicking in a game about clicking is productive. They just poo poo terms all over the place and the wiki just rolls with it. I'm going to a wiki to look up things about the game and instead it's acting like I already know them. Pass.

The time travel perk showed up in Newpix 5 for absolutely no discernible reason. Whatever game just isn't for me because I want mechanics that make sense and are clearly labeled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm ascending about every 15 to 20 minutes, if I'm paying full attention to my run. Around 15 souls per run (as recommended by the calculator). Problem is, that even without Atman in one run and Atman at level 8 straight after an ascention in the next, in two hours, I haven't noticed an increased in amount of souls at the same level. I know the souls spent will reduce my DPS, but even at the same levels as before my output is no better. I'm pretty sure it's bugged for me. I'm going to try saving the has and clearing cookies or something. Failing that, I'l break out a hex editor and arrange myself a full soul refund on a brand new run and re-buy everything. It's frustrating though.

I only got Atman because I had about five other ancients and their upgrade costs were getting expensive and the calculator was recommending Atman.

It may just be lovely luck you're having. I had a few weirdly low-soul runs in succession when I was in the early stages of accumulating HS, but once you're getting 10k+ souls per run, the randomness should start to even out and the benefits become more consistent.

I can't say for certain your game isn't bugged but 15 HS per ascend is probably too early to call it.

• Locked thread