Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

This is a goon FYI good job getting trolled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Fandyien posted:

the IT crowd owns

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

LifeSizePotato posted:

:stonk: is that laugh track really on the show? why is there a 50-page thread about big bang theory and not that?

Yeah it crowd is probably the last comedy with laugh track I was able to watch and still enjoy. My friends think I'm weird for finding 2.5 men, how met mother, and bbt annoying.

They also get bored of shows like parks and rec because the TV doesn't tell you when a joke happened

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Fandyien posted:

the IT crowd owns

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Libelous Slander posted:

Yeah it crowd is probably the last comedy with laugh track I was able to watch and still enjoy. My friends think I'm weird for finding 2.5 men, how met mother, and bbt annoying.

They also get bored of shows like parks and rec because the TV doesn't tell you when a joke happened

get new friends

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

it's not just that it's a laugh track, it's also on a single-cam show that obviously has no studio audience and it seems way excessive. it makes bbt look like a stately bbc drama

although tbf, i've seen other british shows with the over-the-top canned laughter forced in so maybe it's a cultural thing

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Fandyien posted:

get new friends

you should watch walking dead its really gooooooooood

*watches boring as poo poo show*

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

TW: laugh tracks

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

i also enjoy dora the explorer and diego because no matter what answer i yell at my tv it's correct

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

LifeSizePotato posted:

it's not just that it's a laugh track, it's also on a single-cam show that obviously has no studio audience and it seems way excessive.

Actually it does have a studio audience. There was a bit of a to-do a few years back when they had to reshoot a scene and they used the laughing from the first take and people were asking whether it was dishonest and they should be allowed to do that.

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
So was that clip funny in context? I was more insulted that the laugh track got me to laugh at the bartender when he didn't do anything funny, and I don't know if he was supposed to be a character I know or something.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

yep both the wheel chair guy and the bartender are the male leads. the joke there was they attempted to use bathrooms at the theatre that they weren't supposed to (disabled toilet and staff toilet, respectively) lied to cover up, and subsequently had to live through the rest of their time there in character.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

hahahahaha

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Also, I have no idea what this woman is trying to accomplish.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

link plz or i'll settle for a pic

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

1gnoirents posted:

Hmmm. Thanks. I made an account to try and find some funny stuff but the format was so confusing I felt old and sad. Then I realized that was loving stupid lol and felt way better

Don't feel bad tumblr's UI is about the worst thing live on the internet right now that's not a geocities' grandma's first internet page. It's further a mess because the users are allowed to make changes and we all know that never goes well.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

wrap it up gbs. we've owned tumblr. 100% demolished. good work

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
tumblr threads usually die out after a few pages because making fun of teen girls is too easy & gets boring quick. Haha, literal children with access to the internet say dumb overdramatic things, hahaha.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Trixie Hardcore posted:

tumblr threads usually die out after a few pages because making fun of teen girls is too easy & gets boring quick. Haha, literal children with access to the internet say dumb overdramatic things, hahaha.

you do realize what website you're currently on, right?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Do people usually post people being mad about kinkshaming? Those are almost always hilarious to me.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Still my favorite. Remember the goons that fasted for ramadan?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

How the hell did I forget this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi1gortW-Zs
tldr

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

really glad i didn't invest in a facebook because some poo poo is better left forgotten. i can't believe how willing people are to post all their innermost thoughts in a space where anyone who cares can see them

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

tranime scholar posted:

you do realize what website you're currently on, right?

I think we do better (funnier) with legit wacko stuff. This is mostly typical teen girl stuff, I guess it's new to guy goons but it's not particularly out there. It's just like yeah teen girls get really mad that life isn't fair to everyone & want attention, super hilarious?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think we do better (funnier) with legit wacko stuff. This is mostly typical teen girl stuff, I guess it's new to guy goons but it's not particularly out there. It's just like yeah teen girls get really mad that life isn't fair to everyone & want attention, super hilarious?

don't you loving DARE mention ducktales

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

can't speak for all of us but this is what i'm lollin at not some 16 year old worried about prom

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Korthal posted:

tldr

thats a man, baby. yeah

Korthal
May 26, 2011

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

you speak for me, too, robo reagan

MMOs & Welfare posted:

thats a man, baby. yeah

i'm actually surprised that ze is a girl, i always assumed from the gif that it was a guy

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Korthal posted:

tldr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAli-k5a2M&t=37s

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

realtalk and not to be insulting but what kind of jobs to womens studies majors hope to snag because i'm almost positive that anything they want to do would be better accomplished by getting a degree in law and working for advocacy groups

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

I think it's adorable to think that your partner will ever want to look at all the Sherlock gifs you reblogged when you were 18 to get to know who you are. I kept a diary when I was a teenager & I can distill the whole thing down to "I want to have sex. Other girls are mean to me." There you go, now you truly know me.

Robo Reagan posted:

can't speak for all of us but this is what i'm lollin at not some 16 year old worried about prom

That's typical teen girl bullshit though. Being mad about life not being fair, being mad that other people are cruel, already being exhausted by male attention, being mostly dumb & dramatic and wanting all the attention but only the good attention because all other attention is oppressive. I can definitely see how this would be a novel discovery for guys, though.

Robo Reagan posted:

realtalk and not to be insulting but what kind of jobs to womens studies majors hope to snag because i'm almost positive that anything they want to do would be better accomplished by getting a job in law and working for advocacy groups

Expectation: Professors, Lecturers, Activists
Reality: Barista

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

That's typical teen girl bullshit though. Being mad about life not being fair, being mad that other people are cruel, already being exhausted by male attention, being mostly dumb & dramatic and wanting all the attention but only the good attention because all other attention is oppressive. I can definitely see how this would be a novel discovery for guys, though.

okay well in that case yeah i'm totally down for laughing at some teenage girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Vegan posts are still the best.

• Locked thread