Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

72 dark-eyed houris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

newreply.php posted:

a tiny computer i can carry around that is connected to a global network of media and knowledge and has megabytes of storage

:eyepop:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ftl travel and green-skinned space babes
boldly cumming

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts

Entropia posted:

i basically want to make sansha's nation into reality. come on, it'll be great! no more troublesome self-doubt and -pity telling you you're worthless. your life will finally have meaning and purpose

Instead of piloting a spaceship the size of a small city, and fat fingering jump and bridge ?

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

i want mass effect to happen so that i can date delicious quarian waifu

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

veilo posted:

Instead of piloting a spaceship the size of a small city, and fat fingering jump and bridge ?

yeah! don't worry, i'll just make the implants tell your brain that eve is dumb and you don't want to play it anymore. problem solved. instead you'll go have a jog and then you'll feel better. because i'll tell you to feel better. and go have a jog. you fatty human being

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Friendship and Love

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Mahler posted:

Iain Bank's "The Culture".

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I guess a light saber would come in handy.

I mean I realize I'd eventually end up chopping off my own leg by accident, but hey, at least it'd cauterize the wound! And then I'd get a nifty robot leg.

Of course, light sabers are only good if hardly anyone has them. A society where literally everyone has a light saber is going to suck pretty bad.

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leperflesh posted:

I guess a light saber would come in handy.

I mean I realize I'd eventually end up chopping off my own leg by accident, but hey, at least it'd cauterize the wound! And then I'd get a nifty robot leg.

Of course, light sabers are only good if hardly anyone has them. A society where literally everyone has a light saber is going to suck pretty bad.

welp, people are still nostalgic towards the time when every loving person carried a loaded firearm so idk. america would love it no doubt

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Entropia posted:

welp, people are still nostalgic towards the time when every loving person carried a loaded firearm so idk. america would love it no doubt
hopefully it comes at the same time that all houses start being made of metal with airlock doors so you don't have house fires left and right

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

a hole-y ghost posted:

hopefully it comes at the same time that all houses start being made of metal with airlock doors so you don't have house fires left and right

asphyxiation is the future

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
everything in Brave New World

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just wandering around at night, casually slicing up the local scenery with my laser sword, yep. Mailboxes? Yeah they don't stand a chance. In this new world where everyone has a concealable portable extendable blade that can literally cut through anything with almost no effort, pretty much everything around is going to get casually cut through. Like, a lot.

Also the streets will be littered with people's dismembered arms and feet and stuff.

Give a man a fish, and he will be fed for one night. Give a man a light saber, and he will be fed for the rest of his (short) life, because there's no place food is stored that he can't get to with ease.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Entropia posted:

asphyxiation is the future
we can only hope

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leperflesh posted:

Just wandering around at night, casually slicing up the local scenery with my laser sword, yep. Mailboxes? Yeah they don't stand a chance. In this new world where everyone has a concealable portable extendable blade that can literally cut through anything with almost no effort, pretty much everything around is going to get casually cut through. Like, a lot.

Also the streets will be littered with people's dismembered arms and feet and stuff.

Give a man a fish, and he will be fed for one night. Give a man a light saber, and he will be fed for the rest of his (short) life, because there's no place food is stored that he can't get to with ease.

that is, until people discover that having a sword doesn't you can block bullets

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

also lightsabers have gotta be hella expensive to make so if you can afford one I doubt you'd be breaking into 7/11 and stealing microwave burritos or whatever

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Look this is nerdwank sci-fi bullshit, of course average teenagers can afford them or what's the point?

But yes, the light saber is just a much more dangerous form of chainsaw unless you are also One with the Force, so I guess in this particular nerdwank sci-fi bullshit scenario you also need to have the Force be real and you get to be a Jedi.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
anyone say everything made out of cheap full memory materials so we never have to buy anything twice?

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?

newreply.php posted:

a tiny computer i can carry around that is connected to a global network of media and knowledge and has megabytes of storage

This - and the bold men and women of the future will pursue philosophy and history and science on these machines. I'm sure we don't have to worry about such miraculous devices being used as masturbation stations and for yelling loljews and human being at strangers instead.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
romance

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i want this to come true

He descended from a spaceship. A Satanic spaceship. Glimmering. Beautiful, rhythmic voice. He knew that the Team of Prophets had exposed him. He vowed to get revenge on them once he ascended the earthly throne and had enough of humanity's power behind him. He changed his name to Dictator Mya.

The eternal struggle continues. Which side can get humanity's power behind it? The Team of Prophets try to draw humanity to it's side in order to lead humanity to the eternal, beautiful future. Dictator M tries to draw humanity to his side in order to lead humanity into enslavement, despair, and suicide. He wants to drive hope from the human species. I am Steward HK Lar Diligent. I must do my part to fight Dictator M tooth and nail.

He did whatever he wanted to do. Pretty lady over there? No matter, he'll go over to her and force her. Vile tyrant. He exalted himself. Saying to the masses, "I am higher than God. I am your God. All of you will bow the knee to me. I am your Creator."

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I want that to have been coherently written and also copyedited.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
full communism :(

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Full body cyborg conversion, I wanna be golden age superman and do quarter-mile leaps everywhere to get around.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i want that alien guy with the big gums from david brin's sundiver to come true because it would be funny to ask him to eat stuff and then watch

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
fellatio

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
legal no side effect drugs

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Immortality idiots

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Immortality idiots

lol the second word explains why the first is undesirable

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

actually this thread is another appropriate moment for this

Big Beef City posted:

Gay vulcans with big space dicks that gently caress and suck constantly forever at maximum warp

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

old dog child posted:

what's wrong with you?? i thought you were into communism, don't give up now

that's me in the corner
that's me in the spot. light.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
Wowza that's hot

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Quickscope420dad posted:

lol the second word explains why the first is undesirable

Immortality, but with the option of suicide.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i want to be the fusion of goku and vegeta,

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Zzulu posted:

i want to be the fusion of goku and vegeta,

Me too man, me too

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Might I sugest agin, a skul-gun for my head. Yesterday in Batery Park, some scum we all know pushes smack for NSF gets jumpy and draws. I take 2 .22's, 1 in flesh, 1 in augs, befor I can get out that dam asalt gun.

If I could kil just by thought, it would be beter.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Police Automaton posted:

Might I sugest agin, a skul-gun for my head. Yesterday in Batery Park, some scum we all know pushes smack for NSF gets jumpy and draws. I take 2 .22's, 1 in flesh, 1 in augs, befor I can get out that dam asalt gun.

If I could kil just by thought, it would be beter.

what?

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

Gay vulcans with big space dicks that gently caress and suck constantly forever at maximum warp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
High tech, luxurious enclaves of the super rich who are now mostly immortal.

• Locked thread