Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That sprite is from Paper Mario, revealing that bob-ombs have hands! h*ly poo poo!

What other secret canon is there hidden within games?! -- and why don't the vidgame creators want us to know about it?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nasty! *shoots the hand off with a rail gun*

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
http://blastermaster.wikia.com/wiki/Worlds_of_Power:_Blaster_Master

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

blastermaster is the first game i ever played where you could pause during an explosion to do infinite damage to a boss.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

http://tcrf.net/images/4/4d/Ssbm_marthletsdance.ogg

there's an unused voice clip in super smash bros. melee of marth saying "let's dance". i can only assume they didn't want us to know he was capable of speaking english.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

bethesda.jpg

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNhOYIZG1AI

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
You walk into some... place that is one beat-up door away from being a literal hole in the wall. Acrid smoke washes over you, and tentatively stepping further you hear a balderdash of voices. Despite the white noise, one siezes your attention. Young. Female. A bit raspy. You stop midway through the dark hall and listen. "Talk to ANY W/D shipper and they'll tell you the same thing."

You're intrigued. This woman's voice carries a musty kind of authority, like that of a low-rent college professor, or a fanatical collector of model trains. You approach the hazy glow ahead deliberately, taking care not to potentially interrupt this backroom oracle. Stopping again just inside the room, you lean on the wall. "Waluigi wants Luigi out of the picture because of Daisy."

Several hushed gasps escape from the figures hunched around the woman's table. Even without knowing who those people are, your conviction she's right is nothing short of bulletproof. You attempt to hide your mounting interest, but it gets the better of you and suddenly, you're right there at the table. Luckily, everyone else there is too intrigued to notice. One of the shadows even produces a noise. His voice is a bit too timid for you to catch, but you can tell from the lilt in his voice and the tilt of his head he asked a question. The woman at the head of the table thinks for a second, before explaining in a voice that strikes an uncanny balance between warm and authoritative. "Well... it's the same reason why Wario wants Mario out of the picture- he wants his fame and popularity, NOT his girl. Last time I checked... Wario wasn't trailing after Peach."

The room goes loving bananas. You find tears of baffled joy growing into streams down your face. You know now, and you can feel in every inch of your being that you're better off for it.

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Aug 1, 2014

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
lol if you don't ship every video game princess with yourself

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Everybody knows Birdo is transgendered, but did you know that Wart is gay?

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

You walk into some... place that is one beat-up door away from being a literal hole in the wall. Acrid smoke washes over you, and tentatively stepping further you hear a balderdash of voices. Despite the white noise, one siezes your attention. Young. Female. A bit raspy. You stop midway through the dark hall and listen. "Talk to ANY W/D shipper and they'll tell you the same thing."

You're intrigued. This woman's voice carries a musty kind of authority, like that of a low-rent college professor, or a fanatical collector of model trains. You approach the hazy glow ahead deliberately, taking care not to potentially interrupt this backroom oracle. Stopping again just inside the room, you lean on the wall. "Waluigi wants Luigi out of the picture because of Daisy."

Several hushed gasps escape from the figures hunched around the woman's table. Even without knowing who those people are, your conviction she's right is nothing short of bulletproof. You attempt to hide your mounting interest, but it gets the better of you and suddenly, you're right there at the table. Luckily, everyone else there is too intrigued to notice. One of the shadows even produces a noise. His voice is a bit too timid for you to catch, but you can tell from the lilt in his voice and the tilt of his head he asked a question. The woman at the head of the table thinks for a second, before explaining in a voice that strikes an uncanny balance between warm and authoritative. "Well... it's the same reason why Wario wants Mario out of the picture- he wants his fame and popularity, NOT his girl. Last time I checked... Wario wasn't trailing after Peach."

The room goes loving bananas. You find tears of baffled joy growing into streams down your face. You know now, and you can feel in every inch of your being that you're better off for it.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I didn't know balderdash was an actual word

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

What the fucl?

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sharrrk posted:

there's an unused voice clip in super smash bros. melee of marth saying "let's dance". i can only assume they didn't want us to know he was capable of speaking english.
holy whoa :wth:

farsel posted:

What the fucl?

ikr, its hella hosed up.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Samus speaks in Metroid Prime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG4ei3it8B0

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Schnedwob posted:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

http://tcrf.net/SpellCraft_(SNES)

quote:

Message #2
(offset 0x0475D4)
Secret Message #2
I would like to take a minute and thank Katie G for all the sacrifices she has made for me. I am really grateful you allowed me to peruse my dreams and leave after 5 years together. Your unselfishness can never be repaid, but I want you to know I'm sorry for what I put you through. I still love you. I hope you and Paul have a great life together and a wonderful marriage, if it happens.
Message #3
(offset 0x047743)
Secret Message #3
This is Bonnie M, the woman I should of married. But, because of my stupidity and fear of commitment, I have lost her forever.
Bonnie, you are the greatest woman I've ever dated. Best of friends, what more could I want? I'm again sorry for what I've done to us and will regret it the rest of my life.
I hate making mistakes!
I love you Bonnie!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

careers before hoes

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

you can actually get the triforce in ocarina of time

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

some epic poo poo. prime was such a good game

americong
May 29, 2013

mabels big day posted:

some epic poo poo. prime was such a good game

I have the steelcase wii trilogy, I should play it

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Holy poo poo this is :smith: as gently caress.... nice!!!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
samus is a girl

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

im so glad bombs are allowed to jack their dicks now

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
princess peach drinks champagne straight from the bottle

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

The blocks you break in the original mario brothers were the citizens of the mushroom kingdom

Bowser turned them to stone

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

sharrrk posted:

is marth the anime character

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

obstipator posted:

That sprite is from Paper Mario, revealing that bob-ombs have hands! h*ly poo poo!

What other secret canon is there hidden within games?! -- and why don't the vidgame creators want us to know about it?!

Due to an ambiguous description of the geography of Popstar, it is never made entirely clear how much of the planet King Dedede assumes leadership of, though he seems to have castles and fortresses all across the planet. Even so, he seems to perform no administrative functions, and for the most part, the planet seems to ignore any edicts that are issued by him.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Planet Popstar is a cartoonish mockery of our own culture, a satirical take on the desires and will of the individual applied to the desires of the people. They might look organized, but at the end of the day, everybody would rather just fart around and eat cake all day. As soon as Dedede is out of sight, he's out of people's mind. Even he just faffs about if nobody's looking.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 4, 2014

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
My mod for Morrowind, Morrowind: Gold Edition, has actually been approved as being canon by the game's writer, Michael Kirkbride. Here's the latest video I made showcasing some changes I made to the towns Balmora and Seyda Neen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5nPvDSV9c

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
mmob bobms had hands all the way back in their first appearance in doki doki panic, also known outside japan as street fighter 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

americong posted:

I have the steelcase wii trilogy, I should play it

SPOILER: Aeron dies

• Locked thread