Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

just grabbin' a pepper and squeezing its guts all over your food

bonus, lets you know if you had any tiny cuts on your hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Shugojin posted:

You are also reminded of how often you touch your face/eyes.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Working your way up the hotsauce ladder is like the story of the Goatse.

Much like the Goatman started with inserting marbles into his rear end, moved up to limes, tennis balls, and finally footballs. It's all about elastically. The same principle applies to hot sauce.

You gotta first start with sticking a bell pepper up your rear end. You will feel discomfort the first couple hours. Then started moving up to a peperoncini, then a jalepno, then a serano, then a cayenne pepper, then a african bird pepper, then a haberno, then a ghost pepper; and finally you're able to stick a trinidad scorpion up there. All nice and hot.

Take it from me, it works loving fantastically.

Your butt can withstand entering earth's scorching atmosphere and NASA will contact you about requisitioning your anal lining to put on their next generation space shuttle for a modest fee.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 1, 2014

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

NihilismNow posted:

You are also reminded of how often you touch your face/eyes.

I remember this one time during a scout campout we were making chilli and my buddy cut up habaneros without gloves and then touched his eyes.
He spent about 20 minutes under the water tank before we got him some milk to wash out his eyes. :(

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Shugojin posted:

God help you if you wear contacts

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
So long story short, I was eating finger food with Tabasco sauce. I finished and decided to beat off. I noticed a lot of heat, and eventually painful burning. Came to the conclusion that it's the sauce. This hurts like a mother fucker. What can I do, considering we're out of milk? Any topical cream or anything? And are there any lasting damage caused by this?

e: Ok. The burn somewhat subsided, but it's still there. Not as bad as before, but still very there. Took a shower and applied Aloe Vera cream on it. I think my only option now it to wait it out. I'll look for some hydrocortisone.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Al Cowens posted:

God help you if you wear contacts

or touch your or another persons genitals several hours later

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
or pick your nose

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Surprisingly, I like Nando's (the other cock hot sauce) for a number of things.

Not ridiculously hot, but tasty.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I hazed some freshmen with this in college once. Each had to do a shot of it. Enjoy your hot lava poo poo boys.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ocrumsprug posted:

Surprisingly, I like Nando's (the other cock hot sauce) for a number of things.

Not ridiculously hot, but tasty.

idk I ate a Nando's in NZ and it wasnt' as good as I hopped. tasted mostly vinegary and a lot more watery than I expected

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
You can build up your body's tolerance to the spiciness to the point where you don't really notice the heat (well you do but it's mild) just the flavor.

Peppers are great plants to grow yourself because a lot of the spicy ones do really well in containers and have high yields with almost no maintenance.

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
Louisiana hot sauce is definitely in the garbage tier

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW

Xaris posted:

butt-death owns. better than europe or aus/nz where even pepper or tabasco is too spicy for them (seriously it was hell trying to find a good hot sauce over there that wasn't imported from USA)

also have fun drinking lead, i think el yucatek was one that had pretty high levels of lead in it. i do like valentino tho for a cheap option.

Byron Bay mango and habanero. Everything in Byron Bay is made by hippies who are stoned and/or tripping so you know it's good.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Sriracha, motherbitches!

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
http://www.hotsauce.com/16-Million-PURE-Capsaicin-Crystals-1-0ml-p/hsc-16-million-crystals1.0.htm

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
You guys act like there's only one or two sauces available. The best hot sauce depends on what type of food you're eating. Por ejemplo: Louisiana is for nachos. Cholula is for breakfast/potatos/breakfast potatos. Sriracha is for Asian cuisine. Hell, they even had Tapatio flavored Doritos for a while there. There are literally endless possibilities here.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Winter Fresh posted:

Louisiana hot sauce is definitely in the garbage tier

Ha look at this guy not knowing about a thing.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

some goons in a previous GBS hotsauce thread turned me on to Harissa which is Libya's traditional hot sauce I guess, its a little thicker than your normal hot sauce, good for spreading on sandwiches and whatnot, and it has a good heat:flavor composition. You can get it for :5bux: or so on amazon. Cock sauce is poo poo tier in comparison.

Also if you insist on using ketchup this is the only choice

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It's not a sports team. You can like a lot of them and they come in all flavors and spiceys.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

hot sauce snobs probably poo poo on them but i haven't tried a dave's hot sauce that wasn't both flavorful and hot. the habanero one is the best.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I prefer a squirt of warm lactose on my food, really brightens up the dish. Doesn't matter the source. Mom?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I found that commercial hot sauce wasn't strong enough to entirely kill of my sense of taste or texture so I just slather my food in orajel instead

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I'm sure I'll get lynched but I had this on a hamburger and thought it was delicious.

http://www.tabasco.com/tabasco-products/sauces/tabasco-chipotle-sauce/

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hot sauce that is hot with flavor is the best. Especially on wings.

I had wings with Trinidad scorpion pepper sauce and I was knocking that poo poo down but then accidentally touched my eye. :( I had to stop after that.

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I like Sriracha for some things, but also have a proper ground chili paste, and some cholula.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

CruJones posted:

You guys act like there's only one or two sauces available. The best hot sauce depends on what type of food you're eating. Por ejemplo: Louisiana is for nachos. Cholula is for breakfast/potatos/breakfast potatos. Sriracha is for Asian cuisine. Hell, they even had Tapatio flavored Doritos for a while there. There are literally endless possibilities here.

fyodor posted:

It's not a sports team. You can like a lot of them and they come in all flavors and spiceys.

Seriously, people, this. If you want to put pure capsaicin into everything from your eggs to your ice cream, go right ahead. Most of us who actually like good food prefer lots of different hot sauces for lots of different foods. I like Crystal in my red beans, Cholula on my breakfast tacos, Sriracha can be substituted for ketchup in just about all cases, and don't even start on the huge varieties of pastes and sauces to go with various southeast Asian dishes.

You know what's also cool? Mixing all of that up. Throw sambal on a burrito. Mix really spicy kimchi in a cole slaw. Try Crystal mixed with soy sauce to dip sushi into. Vietnamese garlic chili paste is delicious a whole slew of stuff like pasta, chili, and (don't tell my family) gumbo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Al Cowens posted:

Actual god drat fresh peppers that are in an acidic or otherwise caustic solution but in a pinch some generic jalapeno thing from trader joe's is good for a chili

try using serrano pepers instead of jale penos. gud

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gggiiimmmppp posted:

some goons in a previous GBS hotsauce thread turned me on to Harissa which is Libya's traditional hot sauce I guess, its a little thicker than your normal hot sauce, good for spreading on sandwiches and whatnot, and it has a good heat:flavor composition. You can get it for :5bux: or so on amazon. Cock sauce is poo poo tier in comparison.

Also if you insist on using ketchup this is the only choice

Melinda's looks tasty never heard of it, this is all I've been using

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Nonsense posted:

try using serrano pepers instead of jale penos. gud

serranos are my go-to peppers for chili

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
My singapore noodles needs some more burn and I'm going to get some right now

Also the burn from handling peppers with your hands feels loving amazing but not on the things you handle... like contact lenses

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Carol Pizzamom posted:

i love thick habanero sauces but because habaneros naturally have so much spice those sauces often overdo the heat and you cant really even taste the habanero, which has a real unique flavor

they make milder habanero varieties

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
frank's or gently caress off

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Just came back with a few serrano chiles and a small jar of this stuff

It's not sriracha, but it's by the same company. I checked the ingredients and vinegar was the fourth ingredient, not the first so maybe this is not trash.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Jack in the box TACO SAUCE packets

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Trip report: It's great and I look forward to using it for more stir-fry things in the future. Please don't mistake it for sriracha because it's a different beast entirely.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Chili Garlic Sauce >>>> Sriracha

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

SaltLick posted:

I hazed some freshmen with this in college once. Each had to do a shot of it. Enjoy your hot lava poo poo boys.

This guy knows what's up. Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's this one.

I enjoy sriracha and sambal olek and other common sauces, but if we're talking straight up sauce?
It's LD to death my nigga.

• Locked thread