Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Amethyst posted:

I'm not interested in what races you think are scum, Gough Suppressant. You're always filling this thread with your moronically offensive caveman thoughts. You drop them all over the place like Cartoon turds in a haphazardly arranged grid.

Piss off.

And yet he is still a better poster and person than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just wonderful

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Gough Suppressant posted:

I've been meaning to ask this for ages, What the gently caress is a NTATA

Noted Torture Apologist Tony Abbott

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Small Keating posted:

That is either the most brain-damaged DNS redirect made by a political entity I have ever seen, or the very model of a Good Domain Snype.

First answer is correct. The LNP registered it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Those On My Left posted:

I think NationBuilder was used by Adam Bandt's 2013 campaign as something of a pilot program, to see whether it was worth it. I'm pretty sure it's now getting some use in the Victorian Greens campaign- for the state election this November.

I know WA Greens took a look at that and went "Yes Please" and got Scott re-elected basing the campaign off the same principles. From what I heard it was pretty targeted, in that door knockers were given a set list of houses to go to in each street.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ThirdPartyView posted:

Isn't Rupes doing the same exactly front pages for some (all?) his UK rags as well?

Oh no, Rupert would never tell his editors what to write. Ever. That would be unethical.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

http://singularityhub.com/2014/08/10/burger-robot-poised-to-disrupt-fast-food-industry/

Topical

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Tones is English, gotta protect the motherland

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

It's wonderful. He cries and moans that special interest groups should shut up and bend over so his special interest group can have even more money shovelled towards them, and bemoans the budget situation while advocating for less tax revenue for the government.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Endman posted:

These people all went to university, how is it possible to know what you're doing is wrong and then do it anyway like that? How can someone so educated be so monumentally selfish? :negative:

Money.

The depressing bit is that it's not stupid huge amounts of money and that our future is being sold out for middling amounts of pocket change.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I'll pass on that, thanks. She defends Labor's refugee policies to the hilt

Wait, so you would prefer the status quo?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jonah Galtberg posted:

What a terrible question.

And yet you don't want a government comprised of the vestigial remnants of the alp left and the greens. What other conclusion should I draw?

I think this is what people mean when they say that perfect is the enemy of good.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

http://www.crikey.com.au/2014/08/19/crikey-says-department-of-australia-joins-crikey/

That's a good move by crikey

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You Am I posted:

The Chinese shop in Hahndorf used to be great.

There used to be some kickass bakerys when I lived there as well. Germans love their pastries apparently.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

It's only a matter of time before QLD Labor wins the next election with an influx of right wing MPs and goes back to being exactly like NSW :(

Only without the oversight provided by an upper house

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Serrath posted:

The news is reporting this as if it's a thing that is already happening and will continue to happen but is there anything stopping the high court from saying "no" a third time? How does ferrying the money to the states first make this any more viable?

Because to my knowledge, high court rulings are fairly specific. If they ruled that the funding method was unconstitutional, then changing the funding method gets around that ruling. Someone would need to bring a new challenge on a new basis to get it struck down again.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anyone who says Asians are bad drivers has clearly never been to Asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-31/unpaid-internships-disadvantage-poorer-jobseekers-study/5708764

• Locked thread