Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I think that gets you points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

in the miso soup posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/03/bob-hawke-nuclear-waste-storage-could-end-indigenous-disadvantage

Australia could end the disadvantage endured by its indigenous population by opening up traditional lands as dumping sites for nuclear waste from around the world, a former prime minister, Bob Hawke, has said.

Hawke said he was confident that the answer to long-standing indigenous socioeconomic problems was to allow radioactive waste to be stored on Aboriginal land, and use the revenue to improve living standards.

What the gently caress is this poo poo.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
"The Australian Vaccination Network make some good points" - the Liberal Party

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I eagerly await the day that someone unironically calls me a left wing commie freak.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I thought we were repealing the racial vilification laws? :confused:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Both.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Maintain your rage.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
You know who else intended to dehumanise a marginalised group who had done nothing wrong.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I eagerly await following that during my four hour break.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Great amendments immigration :rolleyes:

e: Negligent week :stonk:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Issue: Morrison directly over where the Shire would be is nice.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Splode posted:

No concession opal cards, sirens that flash to let security know someone has the balls to use a concession ticket, half of the paper tickets cancelled (namely the ones that save you money).

Gee, you don't think there's some sort of pattern here, do you?

I'm going to be mad as hell if concession multis get cancelled, get hosed Libs.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Problem is the Opal users couldn't tap off and get totally hosed.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I feel like Opal could be good if not for the fact that the most incompetent idiots possible were put in charge of it.

You'd need to keep the ticket system though. I'm surprised there's no senior card released yet, surely the boomers will be pissed.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
George Brandis is a giant pink baby man.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Tim Wilson espousing McDonald's human right to property.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Have they successfully done anything beyond brutalise asylum seekers and axe the tax.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I hope she doesn't eat many bananas.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I've been exposed to "traditional" radiation, can I get a disability pension.

How do I get in on this "rorting the system" business.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
All real all the time.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Andrew Bolt is and forever will be a racist as determined by a court of law.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Which era of Otacon is this? The one that bangs his mum and gets his dad to kill himself as a result? The one who pisses himself over a cyborg ninja? The one who's a totally rockin' kickin' rad dude who barhops every night and picks up all the ladies?

This is important.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Someone who is a mildly more intelligent racist than the standard racist is running that page with the intention to get the standard racist riled up into hating Muslims moreso with the basis that this will then ensure more people align with their own lovely beliefs.

So basically a young lib.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
:boltsay:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

George Brandis has a grand intellect.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Mad Katter posted:

The photo is of Wyatt Roy, who was the youngest Australian elected to parliament back on 2010.

Sam Dastyari posted it on Facebook and called him out, but Wyatt Roy come along and posted that he he took it to commemorate the first world war or something: https://m.facebook.com/senator.sam.dastyari/photos/a.280027748812387.1073741829.269334213215074/341317172683444/?type=1&source=46

gently caress knows how waving a gun around is an appropriate way to commemorate the enormous and senseless waste of life though.

I keep telling you people about Howard years history education.

It bad.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Murodese posted:

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but when I did history in year 6-10 we were taught that Gallipoli was a great victory for Australia and our soldiers were hard men who fought against ten times their number and managed to get away cleanly by being ingenious.

I didn't learn we lost at school.

A movie taught me that.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Gough Suppressant posted:

"@MWhitbourn: Andrew Cornwell asked his mum if the donation was "within the law and within the spirit of the law" and she said yes. #ICAC"

Is he twelve.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Someone in UTS's IT building doing interviews about the data retention poo poo.

He's better than Brandis.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Mighty intellect is funny as poo poo in light of recent events.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Orkin Mang posted:

I didn't know he considered himself to be intelligent. Every time I hear him speak he sounds like nothing more than a moderately articulate lawyer suffering from late-stage vampirism. His brainless stammering in that Sky News interview was not the performance of a man of any real intelligence or insight.

Someone insulted his intelligence and then the very next day everyone wouldn't stop talking about his mighty intellect because he's a giant baby mentally and physically who threw a tantrum behind closed doors.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Did no one tell Phelps that he actually joined the Tory party. Like who did he think they were?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
The Abetz family seems to be genetically inclined to produce lovely idiots.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
If you're going to ad hom Abetz base it on his being the nephew of Otto Abetz, noted international war criminal.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

SynthOrange posted:

The laffs keep coming.

They caused this. They stopped the lamb because it's all they know, and now they're going "oh poo poo we weren't ready for serious diplomacy, unfair".

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
If our media was vaguely competent, every time someone says something that blatantly goes against current scientific thought and cites "the studies" they'd ask them which loving studies in particular.

While I'm not a medical expert in any way, I can't help but imagine that something only referred to as "the studies" from the 1950s isn't the most up to date information, particularly in relation to loving cancer.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
ICAC stuff I think.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Unrestrained capitalism inherently promotes immoral actions, news at eleven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Les Affaires posted:

Dollars transferred to The Australian for this ad: $38,000
Effect on future LNP election campaigns: Significant, negative
Effect on public policy: 0

The free market works.

• Locked thread