Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Yuriy posted:

Hendo got married to a real hottie

I loving love Hendo's weird weezy old man pug dog rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the worst person that ko'd soto is joe warren, the worst person that ko'd barao is a bath tub. it's pretty clear who the better fighter is.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Here's a pic from the $300 seats that I got for $40 off craigslist. That's Mike Goldberg in the pink vest. We got there right before the Brunson prelim which was terrible, but the rest of the fights were decently entertaining. The crowd was extremely drunk; two hispanic guys behind me got in a fight and one of em got hauled off by the cops. I think they were fighting over someone being in the wrong seat, which was ridiculous since there were huge swaths of empty seats even in the lower level. It was pretty awesome and I'd go again for sure, although I doubt it will ever be that cheap again since the card was so hosed up.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the worst person that ko'd soto is joe warren, the worst person that ko'd barao is a bath tub. it's pretty clear who the better fighter is.

hahahahahahahaha

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

His greatest challenge yet Joe, would be the difference between horizontal and vertical

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dillashaw vs. Soto was sufficiently entertaining. Soto put up a solid fight and I'd be interested to see him in an eliminator with Barao.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

wooger posted:

Really? I'd say MMA has the most internet savvy fanbase for any sport, and there's so much content floating around these days that I can't believe anyone is buying or renting DVDs, let alone casual fans.

Aside from that, no way its worth the same money to watch a replay as to watch live, especially when its $60 bucks. No casual fan is going to pay that much ever.

As a non-casual fan, I find it very hard to avoid spoilers even till the next day (I'm in the UK), let alone a week, and even I wouldn't pay full price for a replay.

I doubt they sell many PPV replays at this price, compared to what they'd do if it got cheaper, or used it as a fightpass "plus" feature.

It doesn't matter if they sell any PPV replays, their contracts with the cable companies stipulate PPV footage be exclusive for 30 days. After that they can release a DVD or put it on Fightpass.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

wooger posted:

Really? I'd say MMA has the most internet savvy fanbase for any sport, and there's so much content floating around these days that I can't believe anyone is buying or renting DVDs, let alone casual fans.

Aside from that, no way its worth the same money to watch a replay as to watch live, especially when its $60 bucks. No casual fan is going to pay that much ever.

As a non-casual fan, I find it very hard to avoid spoilers even till the next day (I'm in the UK), let alone a week, and even I wouldn't pay full price for a replay.

I doubt they sell many PPV replays at this price, compared to what they'd do if it got cheaper, or used it as a fightpass "plus" feature.

My buddy is an MMA fan and used to work at a rental place. Someone came in and got the UFC 162 DVD (which came out 3-4 months after the event) and spent the whole checkout process talking about how unbeatable of a monster Anderson Silva is and how he was probably gonna destroy this Weidman guy, whoever that even is.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Faber seems to be sliding out of popularity

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
One of the best parts of UFC 177 is that Shayna Baszler lost and it made Ronda mad. I love Ronda and her mad is a good fight. Bethe is cool she has fought like 3 times already this year.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

wooger posted:

I'm sure the ufc has done no research whatsoever into this, their buisness, and should just listen to you, guy on the Internet.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

origami posted:

how many souls Jessamyn has consumed

none because she keeps losing terribly every chance she gets

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

UFC September: U don't want to watch fights tonight then rent The Notebook

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

UFC September: If we were in jail he'd be in trouble. Mom I love you, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfN74J_RE_s&t=159s

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
UFC September: NOW PLAYING>>Chumbawumba - Tubslumpin'

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
UFC September: The Curse of Colonel Sanders

Context: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Colonel and Mark Hunt is hungry.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
UFC Septempber - thread subject to change.

eaglesmerlin1
Mar 29, 2010

3 pumps and its a penalty!

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad

kensei posted:

UFC September - It takes huge guts to fight

how could everyone miss this jesus christ

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Is Brock fighting in September?

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad

MagicCube posted:

Is Brock fighting in September?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Tangy Zizzle posted:

:hf:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
UFC September - Hagrid vs Hungry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

kensei posted:

UFC September - It takes huge guts to fight

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661910

• Locked thread