Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Despite popular belief there is no July 32nd. We are in the August stretch of the Baseball season. Every player making any semblance of money is put on waivers. Don't freak out. It doesn't mean someone is getting traded. Enjoy your favorite team's playoff hopes dwindling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jerkface posted:

Anyone who has been sharing MLB.TV get hit with this lately?

"User signed on too many times within an allowed time frame."

I didn't do any account sharing bundle purchase or anything, just gave the login to a few friends.
How many is a few? I've never had an issue in our 5 people sharing groups.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Extending Max and just letting Price go to arb would probably add 50m on to next year's payroll. Which doesn't seem to be a problem, since Vmart and Torii's 15m comes off the books. That'd put them at around 140-150m needing two corner outfielders. I'm not buying the JD Martinez resurrection (although I liked him in Houston). Davis should be a serviceable CF.

Will be even more interesting if Pizza Lich extends Price and Max since money is his #1 power. And when you're already spending, it's better to keep spending than go cheap. (RIP Ruben Amaro).

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That's just as fine too for the Tigers. A top 3 of bounce back Verlander/Price/Sanchez is still probably good enough to win the Central again. gently caress Dombrowski.

The Price move gives them flexibility beyond this season, basically gently caress the Tigers.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Gonna feel so good when he gets fired

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

OK Dan Uggla really is a free agent now.

He refused the AAA assignment. Where does the dude think he's gonna play? He has to be a DH, and he probably won't hit enough to stay at DH.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I feel like this is the perfect time to bunt and send the runner on third. I am not a manager.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Matt Thornton is a Natinal

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Have to start taking a stand somewhere.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The issue isn't with hitting people because that happens, but hitting people with malicious intent. Are you saying all of the Pirates HBP were made maliciously?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Could lead to more great quotes from Miguel Montero about his own pitcher having terrible control.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can we talk about how it's literally someone's job to stand around and be a human headphone stand?

Technology doesn't have to work against you.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Cole Hamels and Marlon Byrd have been claimed

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

He keeps letting Joe Nathan pitch

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sorry to break up movie chat but the Phillies traded Roberto Hernandez to the Dodgers for 2x PTBNLS

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Marlon Byrd is in the Phillies lineup tonight

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Joe Nathan blew a save color me surprised. He sucks. DFA him.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tigers bullpen is my favorite bullpen

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm glad they captured Nelson Cruz in the art of fielding

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

For other warm, feel good baseball stories: check out Mo'Ne Davis in the LIttle League World Series striking out dudes with heat.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/8/10/5989425/mone-davis-pitcher-little-league-world-series-shutout-taney-dragons

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Comps are the worst, you're all the worst.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Royals acquired Josh Willingham for a pitcher named Jason Adam

Good deal

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Abel Wingnut posted:

I wonder how long it'll be before someone blames Ms. Verlander.

They already are

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm getting unreasonably excited for a playoff field of BAL/KC/OAK/TOR in the AL and WSH/MIL/LAD/PIT in the NL. I would watch every game.

Also, the Tigers and Royals couldn't be more opposites. Tigers #1 in all offensive categories, bottom of the AL in pitching. Royals top 3 in pitching, bottom of the AL in offense. Hopefully Willingham helps them out a bit.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I will be pretty upset if the Red Sox get Stanton.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Diamondbacks are so old school they still play Nintendo in the clubhouse

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just need that eventual Fred Durst/Hunter Pence collab.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bart: You're probably wondering about the coat hangers. They're to block the satellite that's been spying on me.
Marge: Okay
Bart: It can read your electric organizer from space.
Homer: Even mine?
Bart: They have it now.
Lisa: Who are they, exactly?
Bart: Who else? Major League Baseball.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If Yu is hit with the TJS hammer, Texas is gonna be lovely again next year (not that they weren't gonna be otherwise)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's gonna be McCutchen if all he misses is 15 days. If he misses more than that, it's gonna be fair game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Manfred is one vote shy of being elected

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Shin Soo Choo's OBP has taken a massive nosedive.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

:barf:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If he's up you have to play him and go through the growing pains. 150 PAs doesn't say much of anything. Otherwise, send him back down.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You can say whatever you like. And it's not often that we get new blood around here. Just be prepared that people will disagree with you. Sometimes in a not so friendly way.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Here's a Uni Watch post of the worst MLB giveaway items this year: http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/08/18/the-worst-mlb-giveaways-of-2014/

Colorado somehow has given out.. Nine? Garden Gnomes. Also, Camo. Camo everywhere. Baseball must be dying because the fans are so well camouflaged.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's a very biased article for sure, but how could I leave out the best giveaway article.

A Royals throwback bobblehead? Yes

A Vin Scully microphone that has recorded phrases? Yes

A bike horn with Evan Longoria's face on it? Ye---ok, I guess

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/08/12/the-best-mlb-giveaways-of-2014/

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Considering he was born before ESPN existed - no.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Pre emptive :rip: on Garrett Richards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Aaaaand there's Edwin Jackson to the DL with a right lat strain.
I wish a team would actually protest the "you're bad" DL stint

• Locked thread