Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Voting:
Big Oceans
Normal Continents
Wet World
Full Range Climate
Young Geological Age

Japan National Group

Goonada

The victor will have to prove themselves on land, air and sea.

Applying for an airforce officer.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Our headquarters should be called the Shogoonate's Imperial Headquarters.

Keeping with history, we should aim to attack The Soviets first. If not possible, strike hard and fast at The sultinate

I vote the giant lake South-West of us be called the Caspian Sea and the lake directly above it called Lake Soyokaze

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

NewMars posted:

Exactly! They'll be too busy keeping a watch on the Tokyo Bay Naval Fortress to see the Tokyo Bay Naval Fortress coming right for them!

We're approaching dangerous territory.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

NewMars posted:

What's the worst thing that could happen? Aside from Grey getting confused and relocating our best men to the middle of the pacific Pacom Ocean, our best ships to the enemy trenches and our headquarters to the moon?

I was thinking more like whacky names for things like the Battleship "She's One of Ours!" or the Gravitas Squadron, the most polite and chivalrous pilots in the sky.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AJ_Impy posted:

'Dangerous Territory' is our southern desert.

:golfclap: I lol'ed

Pvt.Scott posted:

We should name our kamikazes White Knights. Ready to fall on their own swords at a moment's notice!

We need one called The Booster Squadron. All pilots are secretly midgets using booster seats.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 4, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Domain of Orleans lake should be called Katrina.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I've got a list of around 100+ ship names I can toss out but I doubt we'll get that many.

We definitely need something like "Unsinkable III" or "Invincible IV".

The White Flag squadron/group, Zealot Squadron (Only Kamikaze pilots), The Arbitrary Squadron (Rag-tag bunch of misfits who never follow the rules).

Very Little Gravitas Indeed
    Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Zero Gravitas
    Really, Where Did They Hide All The Gravitas?
    I Swear I Left My Gravitas Right Here
    Can't Get Ye Gravitas
    Microgravitas Environment
    Can't Afford Gravitas In This Economy
    What Has Gravitas Ever Done For Us Anyways?
    Still No Sign Of Gravitas
    Send Your Gravitas Out With Its Hands Up Or We Will Fire
    Hey Guys, Don't Tell Me All The Gravitas Is Gone Already...
    Don't Tell Me I Don't Have Gravitas - I Listen To Jazz
    Anti-Gravitas System

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 5, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Requesting 9th HQ to be renamed "The Gravitas Group"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Light Tanks II, they need a serious buff to be on par/better than the Sultinate's examples

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Vorpal Cat posted:

Go Jagdtiger or go home. :colbert:

FTFY

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Japanese had a hard time making a reliable machine gun, submachine gun and semi automatics. Anything autoloading, really, fell short of contemporaries at the time.

Their tanks were good for jungle/dense foliage conditions because they were so weak, and relied on speed on open ground. Lack of steel and other metals hurt them a lot over the course of the war.

As for ships, I've heard some mentions that they wanted to have a big fleet encounter, where battleships would be the deciding factor. The problem was that the US wasnt dumb enough to commit themselves to a large surface fleet action where aircraft carriers weren't going to be their bread and butter.

Another thing that hurt the Japanese was the fact that beating up on the Chinese wasn't much of a challenge. This led them to believe that their tankettes and light tanks were good enough against other opponents. Maneuverability in planes was praised and desired much more than speed. Both of those factors hurt them in their brief conflicts against the USSR.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
divert troops from the main war to better protect our borders

We can finish up the Sultinate without needing our entire army to defeat them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Tank Destroyers
South
Warships

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

:black101:

We need some Assault Guns! :cawg:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Grey Hunter posted:

NO! I'm alluding to WITP sequal LP.

Not that the wife isn't angling towards children.....

You must pass on your knowledge of, and ability to, Sperg. It has been foretold that a descendant of the Gre(y)at Hunter will emerge from the ranks of regular goons and become SPACOM!

The S is for space! :eng101:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Fatherhood the LP would work best if it were Goon vs. Goon.

You don't know how wrong you are :eng99:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Grey Hunter posted:

It will, I won't be able to leave where ever the poop factory is and get on with my life.

Adopt a kid that's moved on from diapers :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Grey Hunter posted:

Apparently it has to be genetically related to us.

Also my idea of leaving a copy of a wargame in a room full of orphans to see which one played with it has been vetoed as well.

The wargame has to be Axis and Allies. :colbert:

What about hiring a nanny to take care of the child?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Veloxyll posted:

I had to buy this game myself. And I have found that processing turns ALWAYS takes at least 10 minutes.

Though at least you don't spend 3 hours sorting out your freighters unlike SOME GAMES.

I assume it'll get patched eventually thanks to all the sales now that its on Steam.

And you must mean Hearts of Iron 3! :downs:

• Locked thread