Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I'm not sure this question deserve a new thread so I'm necroing this thread. I'm searching the forums but I can't find if there is a tent buying suggestion thread. I'm about to camp near the beach with a lot of heat and rain and I wanted to know what would be the best one or what to look for in a tent.
I'm going to read threads on the subject anyway but I wanted to know if there is a comprehensive guide anywhere in the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

SLOSifl posted:

There was a decent episode on camping on Adam Savage's podcast.

http://www.tested.com/tech/472176-camping-1292014/

It almost made me want to go camping.

You totally should, you might end up liking it and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than most stuff you can do while on vacation.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I prefer to camp on someone's backyard, near beaches and on some cities on the mountains there is aways people that already have some infra-structure on their backyards for multiple campers, I don't know how to call that in English exactly, but there are some that are pretty neat with a hot shower, a stove and everything. I can totally cope with cold showers and less than ideal installations but I'm not sure what would I think about actually crapping in the woods.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I really wanted a thermarest, they seem just about perfect for me, specially the light one that only weights 700 grams , but the price after money conversion and taxes and all that poo poo to bring it to my country amount to something like what 720 dollars would be to an american.

• Locked thread