Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
I've meant to do this for a while, but :thread icon:, so...

Welcome back to The Armchair Goon, folks, where all Season 2 debts have been paid off!

In Season 1, I defeated Lock for the championship, thanks to the legendary Aaron Rodgers-LeSean McCoy campaign of 2012, with Arian Foster as a running mate, back when he was good. :saddowns:

Last season, Hixalot defeated Diet Crack, because of [things], while Homestar Runner came in third.

This season: ???

League page: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=723605&seasonId=2014

Past threads

Season 1

Season 2

Please let me know asap if you plan on not returning so I can work to get the spot filled quick. There are currently no available spots, lest we go to 18 or 20 teams (:psyduck:) but let me know of your interest so that I can put you on a waitlist that I forget exists come next season (or if somebody drops out this season)

Season 3 members:
uublog (1-3)
Lock (1-3)
Daedra (1-3)
Hixalot (1-3)
techno allah (1-3)
Diet Crack (2-3)
Bonham (2-3)
Jbz (2-3)
MrDoDo (2-3)
Homestar Runner (2-3)
Yoshifan823 (2-3)
The Big Jesus (2-3)
Jb7 (2-3)
Tiptoes (2-3)
dustkoch (3)
LittleFuryThings (3)

I'm considering upping the buy-in from $10 to $15 and adding some sort of reward for most points or something to effect, thoughts?

e: the deets - 16-team PPR auction draft, I can't think of anything else both different and notable enough to mention

waitlist
1. YOU???

uublog fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I'm in! ooh was so close getting to the finals last season but I think having Carson / Eli as a QB tandem eventually brought about my downfall

will roll with the majority in regards to entry $ and bonuses

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm in bitches.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I'm in.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I'm still in. This time I'll try to not have everybody on my team suck!

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

I'm in to OWN BONES. I'm also okay with buy-in raises to 20ish bucks and below.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
I'm in. I will not be spending $75 on Ray Rice this time

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I'm down for this again. Though I doubt I'll be getting Matt Forte for under $60 this time. Such a bargain that was.

Edit: I'm fine with a higher buy-in and adding a reward. I could do more than $15 too but I doubt everyone would agree to that.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 2, 2014

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Put in 20 you bums.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Also this is an auction draft again right?

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Daedra posted:

I hope, poo poo was crazy last year with 14 teams

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Daedra posted:

YES! I should probably put that in the OP

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm back in here as well, maybe this year I won't suck poo poo!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

My body is ready. In.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

After like a day and a half, 10 of 16 are already back in. sweet

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy
may I please be wait-listed in case you guys end up a team short? thanks :)

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

This'll probably take a backseat to my real-life group and the charity group, but I can't break with tradition at this point (and hell, I forgot I made it to the finals the first year). IN!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Dustkoch posted:

may I please be wait-listed in case you guys end up a team short? thanks :)

done! waiting on techno allah, warbles, MrDoDo, Jb7, and Texibus, and odds are at least one of them will either decline or just not post, but I guess I should at least give them a week or so before replacing them

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy

uublog posted:

done! waiting on techno allah, warbles, MrDoDo, Jb7, and Texibus, and odds are at least one of them will either decline or just not post, but I guess I should at least give them a week or so before replacing them

no worries, thanks!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Do we have a tentative draft date/time to go on? I ask because I have 2 other drafts to juggle at the moment.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Do we have a tentative draft date/time to go on? I ask because I have 2 other drafts to juggle at the moment.

There's no date currently set, I'm open to finding when the fewest people would bitch about. So let me know when you're most available and when you absolutely 100% would never ever ever able to draft.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

My other drafts are currently on the 28th, so any other date is fine.

e: What about Friday the 29th somewhere between 1900-2200 EST (or whatever daylight bullshit time)? Or are people more inclined to do weekdays?

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 14, 2014

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
September 2 and 3 are out for me, but anything else works

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
I'll play if you can't get the others back from last year.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

I'd like to return for this upcoming season if there is still a spot for me.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Alright I PM'ed the four others from last season, and if I don't hear from them by Sunday, their spots are available. dustkoch and LittleFuryThings get the first two.

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.
Oh god I am gonna have so many team, I'm in though.

techno allah
Sep 29, 2005

Yeah, i'll get back in on this

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
As far as draft days, evenings West Coast time are best for me. Next two Sundays are not doable.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Saturdays and Sundays are the only times I'll be able to make a draft, personally. But if other days work better for others, that's fine.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

That worked out surprisingly well! Two of the aforementioned four returned to reclaim their teams, and the other two spots go to the newbies on the waitlist.

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
Sunday the 31st is is my vote for the draft date, but I'm pretty flexible. Monday and Wednesday nights I will definitely not be available, and usually not Friday and Saturday nights. So Sundays are my preference, but I have another draft at 7:00 on the 24th.

Also, how I do pay my dues, and what do I need to do to register for the league on ESPN?

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.
Any weekend is my preference for the draft

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

LittleFuryThings posted:

Also, how I do pay my dues, and what do I need to do to register for the league on ESPN?

hahaha I forgot to get emails from you two to send the invites. PM me or something or other.

As for dues, I'll let y'all know about that as soon as I do some math to figure out how much the prize moneys should be.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Draftwise, I'd prefer a Sunday draft, but if that's not doable, the only day that would suck for me is Saturday. Every other day is probably negotiable (Thursday/Wednesday is preferred).

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
I can't even find a site to do a 16 team mock draft. This is gonna be crazy.

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
Signed up, as Andy Reid's Mustache.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm fine with the weekend as long as it's after 4:30PM on saturday.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

2PM CST - 6PM CST are a no go for me. Other than that, with enough notice, anytime is fine with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
We figured out when this is going to happen?

• Locked thread