Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I am so in on this. Not sure what I'll put up yet, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Nash Callahan

PSYCHOLOGICAL SCREENING
INTERVIEW WITH DEPUTY MARSHAL NASH CALLAHAN
TRANSCRIPT OF VIDEO RECORDING

INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY: DR XXXXX SXXX

-----

DR SXXX: Please state your name and rank for the record.

CALLAHAN: Nash James Callahan, Deputy Marshal. Look, is someone going to tell me why I'm here?

DR SXXX: Mr Callahan, you underwent a traumatic experience. I'm here to make sure we can get you back to duty as soon as possible.

CALLAHAN: [Indecipherable]

DR SXXX: I'm sorry, could you please repeat that?

CALLAHAN: I said this is bullshit.

DR SXXX: I'm sorry you feel that way, Mr Callahan. Now, before we discuss the incident in question, I'd like to talk about another incident, from May last year.

CALLAHAN: Wait, who told you about that?

DR SXXX: Don't worry, I'm not here in a disciplinary capacity. Everything you say to me in here is confidential and won't be used against you.

CALLAHAN: Fine. So me and my partner, [Deputy Marshal XXXX] WXXXXXXXXX are after this guy, real scumbag. Huh, can't even remember his name now. Anyway, we track him down, he's staying in a flat just outside of Buffalo. He's not considered dangerous and we don't want to spook him, so it's just the two of us. We'd been chasing this guy for a while by then. So anyway, it's me and WXXXXXXXXX, we go to this flat one night. I wait at the front while WXXXXXXXXX checks out the rear. I don't know if he saw WXXXXXXXXX or what but next thing I know, he opens the front door. I see a gun in his hand, so I fire. Pop pop pop. Guy goes down without a sound; I don't know if he even saw me. I head over to check him, WXXXXXXXXX comes back. Turns out what I thought was a gun was a flashlight. Guy must've thought WXXXXXXXXX was a raccoon or something. Anyway, we clear the place, there's no one else there. We call in the local PD and the coroner and then it's over.

DR SXXX: Over?

CALLAHAN: Well, there's paperwork and debriefs and this poo poo [CALLAHAN gestures to himself and DR SXXX] but yeah, that was it.

DR SXXX: What about Deputy WXXXXXXXXX's accusation? According to his report he heard someone knocking before the three shots were fired.

CALLAHAN: [long pause] I don't know what WXXXXXXXXX thinks he heard but I didn't hear or see anything like that.

DR SXXX: Okay. Let's move on to the more recent incident; why don't you tell me about that?

CALLAHAN: Yeah, sure. So I'm after this guy, DXXXXX something-or-other. He's only got warrants out for tax evasion but whatever. He's been dodging me for over a month, I don't know how, when I finally corner him. So I get cuffs on him and sit him on the kerb while I radio in. Next thing I know he's out of the cuffs and he's got my gun. Only thing is, he's on the other side of the car. I don't... I don't know how to explain it, it doesn't make sense...

DR SXXX: Could it be that you're misremembering, Mr Callahan? You wouldn't be the first law enforcement officer to have made a mistake.

CALLAHAN: No! No, I remember it perfectly. Look, I... I'm not crazy, okay? But I know what I saw. My gun, it flew through the air. I mean, it was in my holster while I'm on the radio, I feel it pulling at the holster, you know? I look down and I see it - I actually see it - fly out of the holster, right into this guy's hand. So what do you think? How do I explain that, huh?

DR SXXX: [checks watch] Well, Mr Callahan, that's time. Same time next week?

-----

Given Deputy Marshal Callahan's experience and expertise, and despite his obvious anger issues, I believe he would be a valuable asset to the AEGIS program. It is my recommendation that he begin indoctrination and training as soon as possible.

DR XXXXX SXXX

pre:
Name: 
Character Type: Pre-Heroic
Profession: USMS Deputy Marshal
Description/Concept: Bounty Hunter

Attributes:
Strength       2
Dexterity      3
Constitution   3
Intelligence   2
Perception     3
Willpower      2

Life Points: 50
Endurance Points: 26
Speed: 12 mph
Essence: 15

Qualities:
Influence (Intelligence) 1
Photographic Memory
Resources (Middle Class)
Status 1

Pulling Strings:
Asset Forfeiture
Back-Up
Criminal Tracking
Fingerprinting
Search & Seizure
SWAT

Drawbacks:
Addiction (Heavy Smoking)
Adversary (Pre-Heroic)
Emotional Problems (Anger)
Honorable (Mild)
Obligation (Serious)
Sleep Disorders (Recurring Nightmares)

Skills:
Brawling +3
Bureaucracy +3
Dodge +2
Driving (Car) +1
Guns (Handgun) +2
Humanities (Law) +2
Intimidation +3
Language (English) +5
Lock Picking (Mechanical) +2
Notice +2
Questioning +3
Stealth +2
Streetwise +1
Surveillance +3
Swimming +1

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 17, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

My thoughts:

Location and fitout:
Estate - 5 RP, 20 Space (Civ, Cri, Int, Par)
Brig - 2 RP, 2 Space (Cri, Int, Law, Mil)
Communications Links - 2 RP, 1 Space (Any)
Firing Range - 2 RP, 4 Space (Civ, Cri, Int, Law, Mil)
Workstation - 1 RP, 1 Space (Any)

Weapons:
Handgun (5) - 1 RP (Civ, Cri, Int, Law, Mil)
Stunner, Ranged (5) - 1 RP (Civ, Cri, Law, Mil, Sci)
Silencer (10) - 1 RP (Cri, Int, Mil)

Misc. Gear:
B&E Kit (4) - 1 RP (Civ, Cri, Int, Law)
Electronic Lockpick (2) - 1 RP (Civ, Cri, Int, Law)
Lockpick (5) - 1 RP (Civ, Cri, Int, Law)
Cell Phone (6) - 1 RP (Any)
Doctor's Bag (5) - 1 RP (Civ, Cri, Law, Mil, Sci)
Handcuffs (12) - 1 RP (Any)
Uniform (24) - 1 RP (Any)

Vehicles:
Surveillance Van - 7 RP (Civ, Cri, Int, Law)
SWAT Van - 7 RP (Int, Law, Mil)
Coupe (2) - 4 RP (Any)

Total: 40/45 RP

That leaves us with five RP to spend on Workspaces or additional gear.

Possible alterations:
Field Hospital - 3 RP, 2 Space The other medical facilities are nice but too expensive. Alternatively, we can get an Ambulance for 5 RP and use that, although only one "bed".
Drop the two coupes and get a single Van - 3 RP. This saves us one RP but would make us a bit less flexible. If we do get the ambulance, though, we will need to drop at least one coupe.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 17, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Epicurius posted:

I updated my wishlist with costs. One thing I noticed though, we all agree we need handguns, and 1 RP will buy us 5, but there are 6 of us. So, we either spend an extra RP, or somebody doesn't get a pistol.

Werix's character doesn't have any guns skills, as far as I can tell.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

We don't particularly need a sixth handgun but spares would be handy.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Also I have a SWAT pulling strings so there's that.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

After perusing the gear again, I'd like to suggest the Lab Van (not the RV). It would cover workspace for anything Werix wants to do and additionally comes with some sweet loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I think more gear would be a better purchase than the brig, after consideration.

I'm happy with Synoria's list, and I suggest we spend the last RP on doctor's bags.

edit:

+Estate (5 Criminal RP)
-Pool
-Gym
-Six Dorms
-Four Car Garage
-One 4-Space Facility
7/20 Space
*Communications Links (2 LEO RP, 1 Space)
*Firing Range (2 LEO RP, 4 Space)
*Mainframe (5 Military RP, 1 Space)
+Global Mapping Software (1 Intel RP)
+Image Processing (1 Intel RP)
+Science Expert System (1 Intel RP)
*Storage Vault (2 LEO RP, 1 space)
*2 Workspaces (Pick the skills, 2 LEO RP, 2 Space)
*Briefing Room (Soundproof, Bugproof, TEMPEST Resistant, 2 LEO RP, 1 space)
*Workstation (1 LEO RP, 1 Space)
*Biohazard Suite (5 S&R RP, 2 Space)

+Guns (2 Assault Rifle, 2 SMG, 6 Handguns, 10,000 bullets, 2 Mil RP)
+Tracer Bullets (5,000 1 Mil RP)
+Grenades (10 Frag, 10 Stun, 10 Incind, 10 Tear Gas, 1 Int RP)
+Flashlight/Lasersights (5 Sights, 10 Mounts, 1 Mil RP)
*NSA Magic Van (10 Intel RP)
-TEMPEST Attack (Undectable viewing of all data to and from a target PC, including printer data)
-vehicle comm link connected with satellite uplink and scrambler
-four headset microphones
-four electrical and electronic tool kits
-6 wire taps
-12 audio bugs
-6 AV bugs
-digital storage
-three remote monitors attached to one workstation
-laser eavesdropper
-shotgun microphone
-starlight telescope
+B&E Kit (4 kits, 1 intel RP)
+Electronic Lockpick (2 kits, 1 Intel RP)
+Cell Phone (6 phones, 1 Intel RP)
+Kevlar Vest (6 vests, 1 Intel RP)
+Doctor's Bags (5 bags, 1 Mil RP)

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 19, 2014

• Locked thread