Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
why are you asking him for money back? steal the little air caps off his car's tires and see if he notices before he has to buy a new pair of tires, more than one way to get your money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

dontcareaboutname posted:

why are you asking him for money back? steal the little air caps off his car's tires and see if he notices before he has to buy a new pair of tires, more than one way to get your money back.

taking the caps off of tires wont make them deflate, hth

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
a valve stem screw driver will do the trick but its better just slashing them

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I gave a friend $300 once because she needed it for day care and I told her to not pay me back

she didn't pay me back, that's my story

namaste

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
did you slash her tires? it s not too late

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
It is not your lack of money but your attachment to transitory wealth that hurts you OP, instead of letting pointless materialism drag down your relationships and your happiness you should be grateful for this opportunity to brighten up someone else's day briefly. Be free OP.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

this_is_hard posted:

leave it to goons to be sheltered and dumb enough to have never filled up a tire in their entire life

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I fronted my weed dealer in a time of need and the ROI is real good

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kritzkrieg Kop posted:

lmao if you have poor friends that need to borrow a few hundred bucks from someone

Learn from my mistakes don't have poor friends. They're gently caress ups, which is why they're poor. I'm sure some bleeding rear end in a top hat liberal is going to come in here :qq: about capitalism but gently caress that I've yet to see otherwise. People with their poo poo together stop being poor at some point.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Have you considered using violence OP?

Because you shouldn't. That would be against the law and make you a bad person.

break his thumbs

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011
If you loaned him the $400 to replace things that were stolen from him then how hard could it possibly be to steal from him?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
if you dont want to take him to small claims court then you're only getting the money back one way, and it depends on him really being a close friend who cares about you

sit him down and tell him you have something really serious to talk about, and he'll think its about the money and avoid it for a while and then finally you just break down crying in front of him, tell him you have some terrible disease and that you just cant afford the treatment that you need next weekend, you're 750$ short and have no way to make the money

now you have principle + interest OR all of your friends think he's a huge douchebag forever

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Take a dump in a bag, leave it near his front door, and set it on fire. When he comes to stomp it out shoot him, then steal as much of his stuff as you can before the flames consume everything.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

CharlestonJew posted:

Take a dump in a bag, leave it near his front door, and set it on fire. When he comes to stomp it out shoot him, then steal as much of his stuff as you can before the flames consume everything.

But don't use your poo poo, you'll leave DNA evidence behind. you need to steal his poo poo (put a net in the toilet) first and then put it in a bag and light it on fire so the authorities think he committed suicide and burnt his place down.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Solution is simple: look for an opportunity to pay them a visit at their place, then start stealing $400 worth of stuff. Remind them of what they owe when they whine about it.

Pro-tip: bring a backpack, and say it's for long distance jogging or hiking or some poo poo.

Edit: Beaten pretty bad at this. Whatever,

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

It is not your lack of money but your attachment to transitory wealth that hurts you OP, instead of letting pointless materialism drag down your relationships and your happiness you should be grateful for this opportunity to brighten up someone else's day briefly. Be free OP.

The thing moochers say to make you accept their mooching.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 4, 2014

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Xaris posted:

But don't use your poo poo, you'll leave DNA evidence behind. you need to steal his poo poo (put a net in the toilet) first and then put it in a bag and light it on fire so the authorities think he committed suicide and burnt his place down.

I see you've done this before

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I loaned a close friend 400 gil

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

concerned mom posted:

I loaned a close friend 400 gil

enjoy your materia

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
unless youre a loan shark, do not lend people money. otherwise, you could use this as an opportunity to learn how to be an effective loan shark through trial and error

start by roughing them up, and work your way up to chopping off fingers. see what works.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZomwVcGt0LE

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

suck his dick

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
suck·er
ˈsəkər/
noun
noun: sucker; plural noun: suckers

a person or thing that sucks, in particular.
a flat or concave organ enabling an animal to cling to a surface by suction.
the piston of a suction pump.
a pipe through which liquid is drawn by suction.
informal
a gullible or easily deceived person.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
reposting reddit threads is a pretty cool gimmick

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

http://youtu.be/TOCvL_yWM7M

Triamcinolone
Oct 18, 2009
this sounds like the beginning of a great wrestling feud

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Never loan friends money with the expectations of getting it back.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
itd probably be funny if whenever he post about buying an item on facebook post something like hey, ive been wanting *item they mention just buying* for a while would you like to maybe trade it to take some off that $400 youve owed me since february... just totally blow up his spot

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
give me 40000 dollars

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
I loaned a close friend about 400 dollars a few years back and he'd promised to pay it back within two months. Two years later I'd managed to squeeze 40 bucks out of him, despite him buying concert tickets and game systems and poo poo. I needed the money but I decided it wasn't worth it anymore and just moved on. Haven't talked to him since.

Sorry OP, it's a lovely situation, especially when they make you feel like a jerk for asking them to pay you back. They're in the wrong, not you. Hope you have better luck than I did.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

just be generally really passive aggressive towards him but don't do anything direct and don't request the money back.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
give him a deadline and if he doesn't pay you back by then, pay him back. because you won't be able to get that chunk of self-respect back either.

Stoic Commie fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 4, 2014

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Break his loving legs.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
one time i was reckless and i lent a friend that wasn't even very close (cool dude though) $200. i totally lost contact with him (basically things happened and lost contact with our mutual friend) and was like ehh oh well that was stupid i shouldn't have done that. then one day a few years later i ran into him at the gas station and he was like hey dude, let me get you that money right now, went to the atm and paid me. idk.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

this_is_hard posted:

my bad get some nails and hammer them most of the way through so the intertubes pop when the car is driven next, and you are far away.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Stoic Commie posted:

give him a deadline and if he doesn't pay you back by then, pay him back.

Pay the guy 30 dollars to cover the interest he owes you. He doesn't have money now, so he'll need your money to pay you back the amount plus interest someday. Keep paying him more interest quarterly, and increasing the amount every time and getting increasingly angry and resentful every time. That will show him.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
OP is a real piece of work imo

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
you could just sneak into his home and wake him up by making GBS threads on his face.

Aug 4, 2010

hey can i borrow 400 dollars

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Keep loaning him more money until the market crashes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Thank him for divesting you of worthless fiat currency.

• Locked thread