Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I know sometimes life can suck and you can get all depressed 'n poo poo. I've been there. But what I always do, is just relax. I take a deep breath and center myself. I also pay attention to my thought patterns and catch myself thinking lovely thoughts. You can do the same. Anyway, there's no point to this thread other than to say "Hey, take it easy, okay?" Hope everyone's having a cool day, like I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
life owns

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I'm not trusting my stupid brain with something so important ! Drugs are the only real happiness

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my neighbor has been using some loud as gently caress power tools ever since 7am (it's now 2pm) and I have a splitting headache as a result, OP

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

my neighbor has been using some loud as gently caress power tools ever since 7am (it's now 2pm) and I have a splitting headache as a result, OP

see my solution above

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

suck his dick

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ok op, whatever you say *relaxes*

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
To anyone suffering from severe depression:
Breathe deeply, think positive thoughts and stop thinking so much about your problems and you will be right as rain in no time!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
gently caress YOU OP!

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Voted 1 because the OP could have conveniently shortened relax and chill to chillax but didn't, a wasted opportunity.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

in a relaxed state you don't need to rush and shorten and combine words
breathe in breathe out and be clear and concise

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
yeah cool

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ghlbtsk posted:

To anyone suffering from severe depression:
Breathe deeply, think positive thoughts and stop thinking so much about your problems and you will be right as rain in no time!

Aaaargh, that's not what I mean at all! If you have serious depression, of course you need to seek outside help. We can't do everything on our own. I'm just saying that there's still certain things we can do to help mitigate negative feelings and thoughts. Mindfulness isn't a cure-all, it's just a tool. If you have severe depression, seek therapy. But if you're always down on yourself, practice mindfulness and it can mitigate the problem. Heck, even if you DO have severe depression, you can do mindfulness while also getting outside professional help.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
and if you're in a hole, stop digging

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Blue Star posted:

Aaaargh, that's not what I mean at all! If you have serious depression, of course you need to seek outside help. We can't do everything on our own. I'm just saying that there's still certain things we can do to help mitigate negative feelings and thoughts. Mindfulness isn't a cure-all, it's just a tool. If you have severe depression, seek therapy. But if you're always down on yourself, practice mindfulness and it can mitigate the problem. Heck, even if you DO have severe depression, you can do mindfulness while also getting outside professional help.

lol therapy
just plaster a big stupid grin on your face 24/7 and fix yourself

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ghlbtsk posted:

lol therapy

Nah just be this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5gQ_rruDmc

Aug 4, 2010

ghlbtsk posted:

lol therapy

or just laugh at everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kxZ90PnAk

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'd rather not be a stoner failure and have money

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I like your message, OP.

Have a good one, you're alright

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mom??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
thanks op.
I would like to recommend petting a cat dog or goat

• Locked thread