Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

internet inc posted:

I like this idea. Let's do this, yes?

Also, I can't randomize the draft order before all teams have renewed. :(

Speaking of, 3 players have not yet renewed. I've emailed them twice, sent PMs to those who can receive PMs and given them about a month to renew. That said, 3 people have already contacted me about replacing those who won't be back. If you guys agree, I say we immediately give those teams away so we can finalize all of this (keeper status, draft order, draft date, divisions, etc.). To be as fair as possible, I suggest we randomize who gets what team. What do you think?

Awesome, got your PM. Email is raistrick at google's mail service. Once I'm logged in I'll send along the $30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

I'm waiting for Yoshifan823's email address before handing out the teams.

Is there anyone else interested in case he opts out?

Also, is there a way for me to randomly assign the new teams to the newcomers with at least one of you as a witness?

Put numbers into a hat representing the teams, then go in alphabetical order of our usernames or something like that.

Film, and put on youtube.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

http://youtu.be/DZKK3JyQ4og

There it is! Hat + names was too much effort! I hope this is OK. I'll try to do something more elaborate for the division selection.

IR spot is LIVE.

Edit: Notice how I went back to Generate for the last draw. :downsgun:

I like how there were 11 views for this when I checked it. What 11 people watched this?

...holy moly that team is a dumpster fire. Challenge accepted. Payment incoming when I'm not on my phone tomorrow morning, and I'll fill out the doodle grid at that time too.

e: oh god I can't even keep Jimmy Graham here's my money folks

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Paid and doodled. Between work forcing a mandatory thursday evening class on me a few weeks back (football-hating assholes!) and my wife having weird nurse hours I only have a few windows. Doesn't look like there's a single good time for everybody, but late in the evening on Labor Day seems to be the latest day in the offseason prior to the 4th that the most people can draft. Plus there's the bonus that some people will be too drunk to draft effectively, an advantage I will need given that it looks like my team's previous owner went on some sort of fire sale.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

I changed the draft date to whatever had the most votes (10/12). RCarr and wattershed: is there any way you can make it to the draft on August 28 at 9pm EST?

I have a mandatory class on Thursday nights. 6-9 EST. 10pm est I can do, as I have a 50ish minute commute when I leave at 9pm est.

I'll be honest - if it's going to be at a time I can't attend, after inheriting the worst team with no worthwhile keepers, I'd rather you just gave me my money back and I left the league. You'll still have plenty of time to find someone else.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

Yeah, I understand. :(

However, August 28th at 10pm, with you being able to make it, puts us at 11/12, making it the best slot. Is this going to work?

I can do 10pm EST, yes. Sounds like a plan.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

Has anyone missed the keeper selection deadline? I ask because a few teams haven't made selections, was that your intention? If not, PM me your 3 players, or simply post them here I guess.

Not keeping anybody. Also, saw the time for the draft was still set for 9pm that night, just making sure we agreed on 10pm est?

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Oh, last season's results don't determine draft order? That seems.....odd.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Gyshall posted:

and also is more friendly to new comers as well.

I'm not sure how that's more friendly to newcomers when I take over the worst team with no worthy keepers but I have to pick last.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Sheeeeeeit, we can trade picks? Players & picks or just picks for picks? I didn't know that...gonna think about it a bit.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

Are you sure you still want Gordon? I don't think anyone will oppose this.

Also how does 1 minute per pick sounds for everybody? 1:30? I feel like 2 minutes is way too long. We make 180 picks total, so a potential of 360 minutes (or 6 hours). I understand not all picks take the entire 2 minutes but I'd rather play it safe.

90 seconds is MORE than enough. I've usually set my drafts to 45 seconds to make a pick...if you're not paying enough attention to at least have a fairly good idea of 2-5 guys to pick between your time to pick, you don't deserve to make your own decisions.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

I've pre-ranked my players in case I'm not there right when it starts (which with traffic seems like a distinct possibility).

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

California Burritos is gonna get murdered this week. My stout RB combo of Bobby Rainey & Carlos Hyde should seal the deal on a big ol 'L'.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Don't worry dudes, I have Branden Oliver and his 28 points firmly planted on my bench this week.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

So, I now have Adrian Peterson for the price of a last round draft pick. The fact that this wasn't contested worries me, but I'm not sure if it's because he's now worthless when I still think he holds value for 2015, or because none of you are paying attention. Regardless, I'm now in the regrettable position of having to root for a child abuser to be found not guilty. Yay?

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

It would probably make more sense to remove the round 1 and 2 blocks and use the default 12th round for players that were dropped during the season but it makes it much harder to keep track of.

Let's keep it the way it is for this season and see if enough players want to change for next season.

Also, it happened last year with Doug Martin - I picked him up off waivers late in the season, after he had been dropped for a season-ending injury. I would have kept him if it only cost me a 12th rounder but we never considered that. I even listed him in the 24 blocked players before we drafted, after we decided to block rounds 1 and 2. I guess what I'm saying is: I should have made the rules clearer, but I'm not making them up as we go. :) Sorry for the confusion!

...and I guess I just assumed you were tracking players as they were added and dropped. Isn't that hard, and kinda makes it not worth taking a flyer on players like that...ever.

Obviously I guess I'll be clearing a roster spot again.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

RCarr posted:

There's a reason no one else picked him up dude.

Every keeper league I've ever played in works off the logic that a FA is fair game and doesn't retain a round designation unless they're reacquired by the same time in the same year. The first post in this thread doesn't explicitly cover this scenario.

This is why I keep a rules document to cover every little scenario and sticky it in my leagues, to avoid confusion on things like this.

It's really no big deal ultimately, I'm not playing him now anyway (duh), and I dropped a guy who I wasn't playing either. No skin off my back...just wouldn't have bothered with it if it were laid out clearly, which internet inc himself said didn't happen.

I'm 4-2, better off than I thought I'd be at this point, so it's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

I'm all for roster management and keeper strategies but this might be a little too... intense.

Haha, that's exactly what I do in my leagues and it certainly makes things interesting. I see where you're coming from, though, as keeping track on transaction histories in ESPN leagues are a bit easier than in Yahoo.

• Locked thread