Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Please read Eisenhorn by Dan Abnett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Can anyone recommend some good military scifi other than like forever war/ forever peacr/ old mans war poo poo by scalzi

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

nomadologique posted:

Black Company is the only other really good sci fi/fantasy war book I know.

Read dat poo poo was great. Highly recommended

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Old Man's War has my two favorite moments in a sci-fi novel. When they're eavesdropping in on alien broadcasts and it turns out they're watching the ET equivalent of Julia Child. The other is when they invade a planet of Lilliputians like aliens and proceed to Godzilla their way through a major city until the main character has a nervous breakdown because Jesus Christ this is so hosed.

I liked when they were invading some ape furry planet or something and these aliens fell back to like a central bowl thing and started to sing, and one of the main characters squadmates was a senator or some type of politican when he was young, he was a bit of a rear end in a top hat too. Hes like they are singing they are trying to surrender to save their people and he just runs into the aliens stadium thing that he describes as a church and is all like "My name is Senator X im Here to negotiate lets save your people" and than he gets shot full of scifi weapon.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Read Eisenhorn.

Can anyone recommend a time-travling solider story a-la A Dry Quite War? Or just time traveling with some conflict?

• Locked thread