Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i get so loving much junk mail from amex, discover and chase it's ridiculous. at least one offer per week.

amex is the worst because i already have a goddamned amex. why are you still sending me AMAZING OFFERS i'm already extremely aware of your product holy hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Migishu posted:

I never understood why they don't add a physical layer to the cards where you actually have to create a circuit with your finger so the rfid would work

and pollute my precious bodily fluids with electricity!??!?

:cheers:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

no man needs a half million dollar house i'm sorry to get judgey on you and i'm sure you're in like van or sf and have some weirdo housing market but i have a guttural response to numbers like that that i cannot easily suppress.

in sf no half a million dollar house exists

not posting my actual place ofc but it is very similar to one of these, and the place next door sold for slightly under a million dollars

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what, and risk having my money stolen by some computer hacker?? no thank you, i'll stick to making my unforgeable mark on a piece of official paper swearing that i do have the money to pay you and you can take that to my bank and they will give you the money if it's actually there, as god intended.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'd be perfectly happy living in a 1 bedroom shack with a 5000 sqft backyard

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bank of america still does this. the function could be a little easier to access on their website, but it works 100% and it's the only way i use my card to buy poo poo from aliexpress etc. now

i think you're right that it expires after a max of 6 months or something but meh wgaf you can spend the 5 minutes twice a year if you really care about security enough to do this for every site instead of just one-offs

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's called "ShopSafe" and you can get to it from the information and services tab

you may need to have an actual credit card with them to do this, i don't see a way to do it w/ just the visa debit card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mishaq posted:

so they can gently caress unsuspecting people out of their points probably

"sorry you didn't click monthly so they expired!!!"

"probably"

• Locked thread