Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

rear end cobra posted:

you have chips on your cards now?

lol american banks

maybe in 2026 you'll be able to see your own bank account number in your online bank?? or maybe have a centralized clearing and transactions system??

oh cool we're doing ccchat so it's time for some yurupean to get all smug about how his card has a feature that does not benefit the consumer in any way at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

rear end cobra posted:

being all modern and cool and also safer is a great benefit

my card got jacked a couple weeks ago. no idea how but within 5 minutes of the guy trying to use it chase sent me a text that said "yo did you actually just make this charge?" i said no and i got a new card within 3 days and wasn't responsible for any of the charges. exact same thing happened the last time my card got stolen

now if i had a chip and pin what are the odds the bank would say "lol you must have given out your pin sucks to be you"

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

rear end cobra posted:

of course chase would do that since its evil stupid bank for idiots but how does that make signature safer than pin?

because if i lose my regular card i don't pay for anything. if i lose my fancy chip and pin card they have an excuse not to pay for it.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Hed posted:

this sounds loving bad. almost like the web sites that "store my credit card" but make me enter the CVV2.

nobody's actually storing your cvv cause that means big fines if you get caught. anywhere that stores your card and doesn't make you enter the cvv later has made the decision to run the transaction without the cvv and eat the higher decline/fraud rate

• Locked thread