Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
didnt read the thread but i just got a new visa with a chip on it and the brochure that came with it was like "NEW ADVANCED CHIP FOR YOUR SECURITY" and i loled because its something the rest of the world has had for like 15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
also lol if you dont have an amex and lol if you dont pay your cards off in full monthly

just lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

its pronounced yam

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

bank of america still does this. the function could be a little easier to access on their website, but it works 100% and it's the only way i use my card to buy poo poo from aliexpress etc. now

i think you're right that it expires after a max of 6 months or something but meh wgaf you can spend the 5 minutes twice a year if you really care about security enough to do this for every site instead of just one-offs

what where can you do this i thought they got rid of the option

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

it's called "ShopSafe" and you can get to it from the information and services tab

you may need to have an actual credit card with them to do this, i don't see a way to do it w/ just the visa debit card

oh wow thats a terrible description

Features

ShopSafe®
Safeguard your identity when you shop online.
Use ShopSafe Learn more about ShopSafe

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

also you can set it to be valid for a year. neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Jimmy Carter posted:

wasn't one of the original features of Amex Blue that it had the chip in it for exactly that reason because it was the 90's and the internet was a thing?
yeah i even got a card reader from them in the mail even though i didnt have an amex at the time

• Locked thread