Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Maoist Pussy posted:

Islam is my favorite religion because it is the ancient, time-honored enlightenment we get from the red pill. Allah really puts those feminazis in their place, peace be upon him..

also it commands women to shave their bodies, with frequencies based on age and marital status

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
mr egghead was right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdXaZJ3EJzU

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!

Big Beef City posted:

Weed is the light
and nugz are its only prophet

choom-allah

God I hope Sleep make a new album about this.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Decebal posted:

also it commands women to shave their bodies, with frequencies based on age and marital status

ok well that is the raddest thing I've heard about islam.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Unfortunately, Islam forgot to clue the dudes in about shaving

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Maoist Pussy posted:

no ur supposed to have a trimmed, well kept beard

so no neckbeards

muhammad was right

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

no ur supposed to have a trimmed, well kept beard

so no neckbeards

muhammad was right

all regions were founded by neckbeards

jesus
muhammad
that fat cheerful asian guy
gabe newell

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
You're not supposed to have any beards. We are not animals.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

there is no god but Allah and Mohammad is His prophet

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

put all muslims on the moon where they belong

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

THS posted:

This but ironically

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
muslim women have big ol tittays

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003

THS posted:

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
prettiest and nicest girl I ever met was a from KSA and she told me that she didn't think her dad and brothers would honor kill her so does that seem like a hosed up religion to you?

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Blahsmack posted:

put all muslims on the moon where they belong

12:05 PM eastern standard time, the Muslims have vanished.

Check for yourself if you don’t believe me. Where have they gone to?

There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Barack Obama. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WASHINGTON DC, with red concentric circles. I’m uneasy, but what can we do? Terror is defeated and if Obama were a Muslim, he’d be just as gone as them. There’s no cause for alarm.

Within months, Barack Obama has declared a war on vague unease. It’s a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Muslims had left, but I don’t think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer’s eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world.

Aeroplanes don’t exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low to support their wings. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven’t changed, but the atmosphere..

One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Barack is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to bullets. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven.

Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It’s a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Obama strides across the landscape, taller than the Freedom Tower. We’ve given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and guns no longer fire.

I’m starting to wish the Muslims were back.

We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they’re mosques. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. “Look at how they wield their guns,” writes a man. “I always said he’d take our guns away.” They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife!

It’s long been clear that Obama brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can’t bring myself to blame him for it. He’s reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Obama does not carry us, we can climb…

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

redshirt posted:

Inshallah yeah!

As-salamu alaykum :eyepop:

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Im confused because if all the muslims are on the moon then why is Obama still here? I know its fiction but that sort of pulled me out of the story a bit.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Allahu ackbar m'lady

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Miltank posted:

Im confused because if all the muslims are on the moon then why is Obama still here? I know its fiction but that sort of pulled me out of the story a bit.

great black satan

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Maoist Pussy posted:

iirc, dudes are supposed to shave their balls, too

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Excellent. Shame about the faces.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

peace be upon u

What is the hair that it is permissible to remove and the hair that it is not permissible to remove?
I know that plucking the eyebrows is haram and removing facial hair is also but that we can remove hair above the lip and in between the eyebrows. What about the hair that comes between the hair line and the eyebrows down to the eyebrow?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

With regard to removing hair or not removing it, the scholars divide hair into three categories:

1 – Hair which we are commanded to remove or shorten. This is known as Sunan al-Fitrah, such as removing the pubic hairs, trimming the moustache and plucking the armpit hairs. That also includes shaving or cutting the hair of the head during Hajj or ‘Umrah.

The evidence for that is the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Ten (actions) are part of the fitrah [natural inclinations of man]: trimming the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the siwaak (tooth-stick), rinsing the nose with water, clipping the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the armpit hairs, shaving the pubes and washing oneself with water after relieving oneself.”

Zakariyya said: Mus’ab said: And I forgot the tenth but it may have been rinsing the mouth with water.

Narrated by Muslim, 261

2 – Hair which we are forbidden to remove, which includes the eyebrows. The action of removing the hair of the eyebrows is called al-namas. It is also forbidden to remove the hair of the beard.

The evidence for that is the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Allaah has cursed the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah), and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5931; Muslim, 2125)

And it was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5892; Muslim, 259)

al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The naamisah is the woman who removes hair from the face and the mutanammisah is the one who asks to have that done. This action is haraam, unless a woman develops a beard or moustache, in which case it is not haraam to remove it, rather that is mustahabb in our view.

Sharh al-Nawawi li Saheeh Muslim, 14/106

3 – Hair concerning which the texts are silent and do not say whether it is to be removed or left as it is, such as hair on the legs, hands, cheeks or forehead.

There is some difference of scholarly opinion concerning this.

Some said that it is not permissible to remove it, because removing it implies changing the creation of Allaah, as Allaah tells us that the Shaytaan said:

“ ‘and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allaah’”[al-Nisa’ 4:119 – interpretation of the meaning]

Some said that this is one of the things concerning which nothing was said, so the ruling is that it is allowed. It is permissible to leave it or to remove it, because whatever is not mentioned in the Qur’aan or Sunnah is permissible.

This was the view favoured by the scholars of the Standing Committee and by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen. See Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 3/879

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah:

(a) There is no sin on a woman if she removes hair on her upper lip, thighs, calves and arms. This is not part of the tanammus (plucking) that is forbidden.

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194, 195)

(b) The Committee was asked:

What is the Islamic ruling on plucking the hair between the eyebrows?

They replied:

It is permissible to pluck it, because it is not part of the eyebrows.

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/197)

The Standing Committee was asked:

What is the ruling on a woman removing hair from her body?

They replied:

It is permissible for her to do that, apart from the hair of the eyebrows and head. It is not permissible for her to remove the hair of her head or to remove any part of the eyebrows, whether by shaving or any other means.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/194

We should comment on the questioner’s words “I know that plucking the eyebrows is haraam and removing facial hair is also.”

As for plucking the eyebrows, this is haraam and is a major sin, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed those who do it.

But as for removing facial hair, there is a difference of opinion among the scholars as to whether it is permissible to remove it. This is based on their various understandings of the word al-namas.

Some scholars said that al-namas means removing any facial hair, and they did not limit it to the eyebrows. Others were of the view that al-namas refers to removing the hair of the eyebrows only. This was the view favoured by the Standing Committee as is clear from the fatwas quoted above.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah:

Al-namas means plucking the hair of the eyebrows, which is not permissible because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah).

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/195

And Allaah knows best.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

great black satan

GBS

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

islam endorses trimming your pubes. i learned something new today

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Yeah, its loving sweaty in Islamaland.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

THS posted:

:tipshat:

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

the secret is revealed

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

THS posted:

yeah that is pretty cool, but too bad about unibrows being mandatory. I always kinda just figured that was cultural.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 6, 2014

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Miltank posted:

yeah that is pretty cool, but too bad that unibrows are mandatory I kinda just figured that was cultural.

it says that's permissible to pluck tho

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The wars between Protestant and Catholics arose 1500 years after the death of Jesus and lasted a couple of hundred years, and while Catholics and Protestants fought in the North and the West, Catholics also fought in the East against the Islamic hoards that were attempting invade Europe. The internal struggle between Sunni and Shia started as soon as Mohammed died...it has never ended and most probably never will.

Catholics and Protestants fought over doctrine and practice of a purely religious nature, though questions of political loyalty were factors between the two groups. Catholics, Protestants and Orthodox Christians can and do live quite happily with eachother (and non-Christians) under any form of government because they are religious systems that influence the moral compass of those who form a government and its judiciary. The Bible itself makes no attempt to establish any kind of political agenda or legal code. In fact Jesus makes it very clear that we are to build the Kingdom of God which is "not of this world".

Mohammed was a very different kind of leader. He was a religious, political and juridical leader whose "revelations" were very much about establishing an earthly empire. Islam is therefore not just a religion, but also a single system of religious, political and juridic praxis - each distinct yet wholley informed by and informing the other parts. As such the confrontation between Shia and Sunni is as much a conflict between opposing political and juridical systems as it is between religious groups. These groups therefore cannot operate within a single political and legal system unless that political system is tyrannical, that is to say, unless it forcibly imposes a false peace. Once such a force is removed conflict between two ideologies claiming to be the legitimate heir of a single source will inevitabley clash once again. Saddam, Assad and Mubarak may have been brutal men, but they held back the forces of militant Islam and kept the West safer than we are today. If anyone is responsible for what is happening today with regards to militant Islam both there and here it is of course those who meddled in affairs that were clearly far beyond their Western secular comprehension. Blair, Bush, Cameron and Obama should hang their heads in shame as much for their arrogance as their stupidity and greed. That being said, all they really did was speed up the inveitable.

Getting involved between Sunni and Shia is not only a waste of time and resources, it will also always been seen to be an incursion into a conflict between two groups who believe they are each divinely mandated to subdue and conquor all non-Muslims - in other words us. They might not like eachother but they like us even less. As the Muslim world grows however, its expansionist agenda and ideological need to assert itself and control through fear and aggression those with whom it comes into contact will lead to only one very ugly and bloody conclusion. I suppose when that begins - and it surely will at some point - they might suspend their fraternal animosity while they deal with us, but once we are dealt with they will have a much greater prize to fight for, total world domination. Their fraternal conflict will be bloodier than ever.

There is of course another possible outcome of such a future conflict between the Muslim world and everyone else, but it is one that will not end well for Islam, for Muslims nor for those of us who would be forced to put out that inferno once and for all lest it slowly flicker once more into the global menace that it is quickly becoming today.

There can be no peace in Islam and there can be no peace with Islam, the sooner we accept that the better...at least then we can come up with a realistic response to a problem that will not go away.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The whole thing just comes across like someone asked Muhammed what he wanted, couldn't remember what he said the last time someone asked about god drat pube trimming rules vs eyebrow trimming rules six months ago and was like "I don't loving know, christ just do whatever."

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
yeah this is true, Islam is gonna destroy european liberalism.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Miltank posted:

not if european liberalism does it first

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

good

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Miltank posted:

inshallah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Decebal posted:

landing strip is not haram

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

The wars between Protestant and Catholics arose 1500 years after the death of Jesus and lasted a couple of hundred years, and while Catholics and Protestants fought in the North and the West, Catholics also fought in the East against the Islamic hoards that were attempting invade Europe. The internal struggle between Sunni and Shia started as soon as Mohammed died...it has never ended and most probably never will.

Catholics and Protestants fought over doctrine and practice of a purely religious nature, though questions of political loyalty were factors between the two groups. Catholics, Protestants and Orthodox Christians can and do live quite happily with eachother (and non-Christians) under any form of government because they are religious systems that influence the moral compass of those who form a government and its judiciary. The Bible itself makes no attempt to establish any kind of political agenda or legal code. In fact Jesus makes it very clear that we are to build the Kingdom of God which is "not of this world".

Mohammed was a very different kind of leader. He was a religious, political and juridical leader whose "revelations" were very much about establishing an earthly empire. Islam is therefore not just a religion, but also a single system of religious, political and juridic praxis - each distinct yet wholley informed by and informing the other parts. As such the confrontation between Shia and Sunni is as much a conflict between opposing political and juridical systems as it is between religious groups. These groups therefore cannot operate within a single political and legal system unless that political system is tyrannical, that is to say, unless it forcibly imposes a false peace. Once such a force is removed conflict between two ideologies claiming to be the legitimate heir of a single source will inevitabley clash once again. Saddam, Assad and Mubarak may have been brutal men, but they held back the forces of militant Islam and kept the West safer than we are today. If anyone is responsible for what is happening today with regards to militant Islam both there and here it is of course those who meddled in affairs that were clearly far beyond their Western secular comprehension. Blair, Bush, Cameron and Obama should hang their heads in shame as much for their arrogance as their stupidity and greed. That being said, all they really did was speed up the inveitable.

Getting involved between Sunni and Shia is not only a waste of time and resources, it will also always been seen to be an incursion into a conflict between two groups who believe they are each divinely mandated to subdue and conquor all non-Muslims - in other words us. They might not like eachother but they like us even less. As the Muslim world grows however, its expansionist agenda and ideological need to assert itself and control through fear and aggression those with whom it comes into contact will lead to only one very ugly and bloody conclusion. I suppose when that begins - and it surely will at some point - they might suspend their fraternal animosity while they deal with us, but once we are dealt with they will have a much greater prize to fight for, total world domination. Their fraternal conflict will be bloodier than ever.

There is of course another possible outcome of such a future conflict between the Muslim world and everyone else, but it is one that will not end well for Islam, for Muslims nor for those of us who would be forced to put out that inferno once and for all lest it slowly flicker once more into the global menace that it is quickly becoming today.

There can be no peace in Islam and there can be no peace with Islam, the sooner we accept that the better...at least then we can come up with a realistic response to a problem that will not go away.

I'm getting more racist by the second, AMA

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

ethanol posted:

I'm getting more racist by the second, AMA

have you sprouted a white hood yet

how far along do you have to be ive been waiting for ages

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
oh yeah its a good thing. Islam is the drug addict in Snowpiecer who needs to prayhis fix five times a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

etalian posted:

landing strip is not haram

• Locked thread