Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Are there bears on Pilgrim? I was hoping to antagonize one on this playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That used to have its own thread. Haven't heard anything out of that game in years. Is it pretty much done?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
People wouldn't hibernate if it weren't for the stupid 200 day achievement in a game with less than 50 game days of content.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

fennesz posted:

Counterpoint: people who play a game for dozens of hours that they wouldn't play otherwise, just to get an achievement, are monumentally stupid.

I wouldn't say "Wouldn't play otherwise."

Crafting Survivals that go on forever just aren't fun unless you have goals. Achievements fit. Some achievements are bad.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't know. Without multiplayer it seems like it's going to be pretty hollow. Especially because they'll be charging 60 bucks for it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I picked up Subnautica based on recommendations here. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've played 4 hours of Subnautica so far. Haven't even starting building bases yet but I'm having a great time with it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If I have two multipurpose rooms on top of each other with an alien containment in each, am I allowed to have 20 fish in the merged tank?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
All these games could have their own threads. I like seeing the mix of hot Survival game of the week.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's time to upgrade your windows xp. :(

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What was it up against?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What have you played?

I don't know what to tell you if you don't like Subnautica.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Evil Mastermind posted:

Geez guys, just shame me into trying Subnautica again. :(

Or don't and wait until 1.0 in December.

You already own it. It's not going anywhere.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Does The Solus Project have crafting elements? It looks like it's at least an exploration game. What do you guys think of it?

For comparison, I love Subnautica. I like Don't Starve. I mostly like The Long Dark.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Inzombiac posted:

I downloaded Minecraft again and had forgotten how much I love games like that.

What's the new hotness for survival/building?
I played Ark but, like Rust, it was ruined by other people.

I really like Subnautica. It's not quite 1.0 though so I'd save it for January-ish. It's not blocky but it does have base building and a pretty awesome pre-designed world to explore.

Don't Starve, especially the multiplayer Version (sold as a seperate game) are pretty great Wilderness Survival games. It's not much of a builder though.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 29, 2016

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zoe posted:

Looks cute and fun but "My overall goal is to get valuable feedback until Orcish Inn gets released some day in 2015." doesn't fill me with confidence..

They just made a steam announcement and it's now available to wishlist on Steam. It has a 2017 release date.

quote:

Hey there and welcome to Orcish Inn's presence on Steam!

Orcish Inn is a tavern simulation game about orcs and it's in development since 2014. The in-development version of the game is available for free since the beginning of 2015 and after months of work, I just published the most recent version 0.1.1 to the public. It's available for everyone on Orcish Inn's completely re-designed official website and if you ever wanted to play a game which gives survival and crafting a proper context (namely farming crops, brewing beer and setting up your own tavern), Orcish Inn is probably the right choice for you: the new pre-alpha trailer shown here on Steam should give you some idea about how the game looks like in action.

Right now, the game can be downloaded as a standalone executable for Windows and Linux, but there's also a launcher app available which keeps Orcish Inn up-to-date. Please keep in mind that Orcish Inn is still in development and both gameplay and content are unfinished.

If you were already familiar with Orcish Inn, it's the perfect time to check it out once again. Version 0.1.0 introduced a lot of new features and visual updates, including different water types, swimming, biomes like swamps and rock deserts, high walls, roofs and wall attachments like windows, reworked farming and building, many new plant and fish types, a so-called "Book of Challenges" which is both a source of quests with rewards and a tutorial, reworked statuses (hunger/stamina), new tree types, procedural map generation and so much more!

The new Steam community hub will be home to future discussions, guides and videos. If you have questions or anything to share or contribute, free free to head over to the hub. Don't forget to wishlist Orcish Inn here on Steam, so you get notified when the game gets released (and no, there isn't any release date or price yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

twistedmentat posted:

Hey, is this like Long Dark were animals are scared of fire?

Some say he's still fleeing with a flashing flare stuck to his rear end to this day.