Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The best alliance to make, playing as any nation, is with MA Ermor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

What about selling death gems to EA Rlyeh?

A close followup.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

garth ferengi posted:

I've never been in a game with flavahbeast before, and know very little about him except that people love to circle jerk about how good he is or whatever.

Yeah that's really fun to do.

Problem is it's true.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
If there was a nation that only got three mages; 1 in a path, 2 in a path, and 3 in a path (cap only), I'd want that path to be blood assuming I had the troop quality to protect my early blood econ. It just straight up gives the most options.

If I had terrible chaff-like troops I'd definitely want Air or Death, yeah.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

wiegieman posted:

I've always been unclear about how one should best deploy skelespam. Is it better to have a small number of high death summoners, or a large number of low death summoners?

Pretty much.

The only time the option really matters is when you're doing a communion for skelespam, in which case you'll want to calculate the perfect master to slave ratio for casting the most skeletons over the course of the battle (long term matters more than short term for skelespam), keeping in mind the fatigue reductions for the added paths on your masters, the fatigue division among slaves, the conversion rate of 10 fatigue to 1 damage past 200 fatigue, and that the battle ends on turn 50 no matter what.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Turin Turambar posted:

How much you win (or lose) in stats with Chaos Power? I always thought it was some minor bonus.

+/-1 in attack, defense, strength, and precision per chaos/order scale. Every 15 points of unrest counts as point of chaos, too.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bacchante posted:

So the bonus from high Turmoil then stacks with unrest to create scary beastly monsters. Neat. I always take Turmoil 3-Luck 3 because reasons, so... Yep. Chaos Power sounds mildly handy. Bet you just love it when you see players with Turmoil scales just begging for your demons to come eat them.

It's actually terrible because 90% of the community always takes order 3, so your demons are useless unless you shore them up with lots of unrest first.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

garth ferengi posted:

Turmoil and unrest don't stack for chaos power. The maximum is 3 times your chaos power value, which is 1 for everything Lanka has, so +3 strength/attack/defence for everything with it(it doesn't affect precision at least, which makes order Lanka sort of viable, maybe). It loving sucks and everything with it would be better off without it

Oh does it not impact precision? I could have sworn it did when I played order 3 Yomi.

Hey kids, this is how rumors start about dominions 4 mechanics!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
There's a unit known as the Eater of the Dead. The more units it kills, the bigger and stronger it gets. Eventually it becomes so powerful that it breaks free of your control and goes on an independent rampage until someone kills it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Unify them into a single purchase where you buy your caster or commander with a bunch of guys from a fort. It'd even be a good opportunity to reign some poo poo in. I wonder how much jaguar shenanigans we'd see if you were forced to purchase an unimpressive commander with your unit of jaguar warriors. Or if you could only get your good researchers with a bunch of uninspiring units that cost too much upkeep.

This is totally, completely moddable. Someone could write a total conversion mod for dom4 that does exactly this, if they wanted to.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
It was only packaged with a single version of dominions are dumb and then I removed it because the mod was dumb enough anyway. Then I stopped updating DaD because it was a bad mod.

Now I'm working on a spellpack mod to bring lots of cool spells to Dominions! Did you know you can blink enemy units? Or, uh, just the entire battlefield? :D

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

I Love You! posted:

There are a lot of "bad" units, however.

Yeah Dominions is a bit like rock paper scissors, except there's also a thousand other options and they all lose to rock-paper-scissors.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

StoryTime posted:

Could you Phoenix Pyre the entire battlefield?

Hypothetically, yes.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Can you take everyone's weapons away and make them fight with sticks and stones?

Sadly, no.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

With a mod you can totally do that.

It would be tedious as gently caress but you could do it.

He means as a spell, I'm pretty sure.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Most goon games are in the 8 to 12 player range with 13 to 15 provinces per player in terms of map size.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

The manti actually did have a purpose beyond dying a lot which is their primary role.

Flavahbeast took a vampire queen which has awe, fear, regen and invulnerability which makes it extremely good at killing my mostly garbage troops. Manti are mindless (ignore awe and fear) and have magic weapons (ignore invuln). They are actually a really affordable way to kill vampires in melee.

That's actually really smart and good.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

garth ferengi posted:

The next turn will probably be full of tears and embarassment

dominions.txt

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Samog posted:

if rain were removed from the game entirely abysia would still blow

I disagree. They'd still be lackluster, but they have some pretty good strengths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

It's almost impossible to pickpocket someone with a wallet in skinny jeans though so there is that.

I, too, read cracked dot com

• Locked thread