Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
Wife Fiona started developing feelings for a mutual friend of ours; when she realized, she came to me and we fought it out. We believe in total honesty. Both of us were mostly terrified that the other was going to leave them because of this. We talked it out (extensively -- repeatedly and at length, for well over a couple of months), but man it felt like my soul was dying the whole time.

Fiona told me I am still the most important in her life and she would do anything for me, but felt obligated to tell me this. She also said that if I wished, she would stop seeing him entirely. This was a bitter situation, but hearing this meant a lot to me.

I've always held uncommon beliefs -- for example, I always believed that whatever two adults agreed on (that didn't affect anybody else) was morally 'okay' (though this doesn't mean it's smart). I also believe that people don't control their feelings, so I don't blame her for developing them; though I believe people do control their actions and should be held accountable for them.

I realize that when people do things against their nature, it can make them anywhere from uncomfortable to completely miserable. I love her to pieces and trust her entirely, so as we worked things out I said she could still see him. I try to have foresight in all things though, so I set ground rules to prevent us from crashing and burning. He was the only guy she had any additional privileges with, for starters -- no randos. We discussed what she was allowed to do, and what she was not allowed to do. I told her what I would need to know, and what I needed not to know. What she was allowed to do around other people; what they were allowed to know. I made it clear that I wasn't into humiliation, and also that I didn't want our relationship to deteriorate or us to see each other less often to their benefit.

When she realized I wasn't leaving she was relieved; when she realized that she didn't have to stop seeing him she was blown away. As for her, she immediately gave me permission to do almost whatever I want (wear a condom) with almost anybody I want (not her sister). I thought, fat chance -- my introversion approaches social anxiety, and I don't speak the language of this country. Who the hell am I going to seduce?

A lot of things have gotten really good since then, actually. Our mutual friend hangs out with us more -- he's fun, and an honest-to-god sweetheart. He says he isn't romantically interested in Fiona, which makes her kind of sad, but makes me feel just a little relieved. Both of us are doing more nice little things for each other now. I think our sex has gotten better and more frequent too.

I've started loosening up on her restrictions -- now she can try out this additional thing; now she doesn't have to ask me for permission to do X every time; and honestly, it's okay. Previously I used to be fully committed to monogamy, and even after she gave me permission to do Everything, I felt guilty thinking about being with other women, and for only allowing her some privileges while I could theoretically do anything. But I've gotten kinda-used to the idea that we're in some kind of poly relationship, even if I don't have anybody and it's not 'open' even for her.

However!

From the get-go, Fiona wanted to know how I felt about the idea of her being with other women. I was actually more okay with it -- I am just not threatened by them as men. I still didn't like the idea of her falling in love with a woman, but that concern would fade. Plus, I figured there was the possibility that we might find a girl that we both like, that likes both of us : q [men are pigs].

Since then, Fiona has been flirting super-hard with a common friend of ours (Roxie); hanging out, inviting her over for dinner and drinks, spending the night at her place, and so on. This came later in our little journey, so by now I wasn't feeling too jealous and actually encouraged her. I didn't have many hopes for Roxie and myself -- We've hardly spoken, and I was still simultaneously fascinated and disgusted with the idea of me actually being with another women. Roxie briefly suggested that we visit a museum together, but I got the impression that this was a token gesture since I don't have many friends. But I did figure there was the chance that maybe my wife could get a girlfriend, so that was cool : 3

Fiona has been feeling things out and sending signals for a while so it wasn't such a huge surprise. In preparation for what was to come, she told Roxie the whole truth about our situation -- that she had a 'special friend', and that I was also allowed to do anything. Apparently Roxie was really surprised but ultimately not judgmental. At a later date when they'd both been having a lot of fun, Fiona came out to her. Sadly, Roxie gently said no. I had to console my wife because a woman rejected her. Yep. That was a little weird : |

We were all at a party a couple days later, and Roxie mentions again that we should go to a museum together. I -- blown away, thinking she had originally mentioned it as a token gesture -- was excited, because among the few friends I have, few of them like doing museums and none of those are dependable. We made firm plans to go.

On the way home, I ask my wife if she had mentioned the original museum offer to Roxie? She says no. It seems she thought of this on her own, then. I joked that maybe Roxie was into. Fiona looks me dead in the eyes and says that it would really hurt her if I dated Roxie after she had her heart broken -- in fact, I was forbidden from dating her. So I have crossed Roxie off my list of kinda-maybes, but even then, I have been fantasizing just a little.

Today was the day. I was super nervous, not because 'omg a girl', but because she speaks very little English and I speak very little Not-English. But as the day went on, I actually had a really amazing time. I understood a whole lot of what she said, and vice-versa; it felt like a victory when we struggled to understand each other successfully, and she was super-sweet and understanding. She's also funny, and laughs at my terrible jokes : q

I left the adventure feeling really fulfilled and, I am wondering, maybe a little charmed. Logically, I have to think that a lot of this positivity is not just infatuation, but comes from making a lovely new friend, and feeling proud of my developing language skills.

On the other hand, I was already a little interested in Roxie, but had smothered those thoughts because I figured there was nothing there -- she is quite attractive, great personality, and we did have a great time. And I am a merciless rationalizer, and it would be just like me to convince myself that I didn't like her because I know it would mean deeeeeeep trouble.

Is this just because of forbidden fruit?

tl;dr - Wife falls in love with man. We argue. I allow her to date man and she allows me to date anybody. Everything goes better than expected. Wife flirts with love interest. Love interest rejects her. Love interest invites me to museum. Wife forbids me to date love interest. I meet love interest at museum as a friend, have a great time, now wonder if I like her.

tl;dr tl;dr - As a rationalist, I have mocked the world because people turn things into a soap opera and then find that I became my most interesting show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I wonder if this guy thinks his threads are funny or something.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
tldr

get ta cuckin

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Kill yourself, cuckold.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
MODS

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
actually I did go back and read all that poo poo

you should gently caress Roxie

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
It's like a Haken post without a spectacular ending.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
you little bitch gently caress roxy and then tell your wife.

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
I'm in love with my wife's identical twin sister that she absorbed in the womb. Please advise.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pound it, dawg.

Both my bro-fist, and Roxie's bottom.

Preferably fist first cause you sound dirty.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
lol the title of the thread

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
fake; gas; ban

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
take Roxie back to museum and bang her there at night

have your own littel NIGHT AT THE MUESEUM if you know what I maen hehehehe

Sagan
Jan 26, 2005

Fun Shoe

gagelion posted:

she speaks very little English

what nationality is she?

it won't change how terrible this thread is, but good to know. thanks.

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

Sagan posted:

what nationality is she?

it won't change how terrible this thread is, but good to know. thanks.

israeli

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

sever

kill famil

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
personally i like gagelion threads because i know that somewhere to some person these things actually happen and it makes me laff

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

are you some kind of sick gently caress with a bad post fetish sitting there jerkin off?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

gagelion posted:

Wife Fiona started developing feelings for a mutual friend of ours; when she realized, she came to me and we fought it out. We believe in total honesty. Both of us were mostly terrified that the other was going to leave them because of this. We talked it out (extensively -- repeatedly and at length, for well over a couple of months), but man it felt like my soul was dying the whole time.

Fiona told me I am still the most important in her life and she would do anything for me, but felt obligated to tell me this. She also said that if I wished, she would stop seeing him entirely. This was a bitter situation, but hearing this meant a lot to me.

I've always held uncommon beliefs -- for example, I always believed that whatever two adults agreed on (that didn't affect anybody else) was morally 'okay' (though this doesn't mean it's smart). I also believe that people don't control their feelings, so I don't blame her for developing them; though I believe people do control their actions and should be held accountable for them.

I realize that when people do things against their nature, it can make them anywhere from uncomfortable to completely miserable. I love her to pieces and trust her entirely, so as we worked things out I said she could still see him. I try to have foresight in all things though, so I set ground rules to prevent us from crashing and burning. He was the only guy she had any additional privileges with, for starters -- no randos. We discussed what she was allowed to do, and what she was not allowed to do. I told her what I would need to know, and what I needed not to know. What she was allowed to do around other people; what they were allowed to know. I made it clear that I wasn't into humiliation, and also that I didn't want our relationship to deteriorate or us to see each other less often to their benefit.

When she realized I wasn't leaving she was relieved; when she realized that she didn't have to stop seeing him she was blown away. As for her, she immediately gave me permission to do almost whatever I want (wear a condom) with almost anybody I want (not her sister). I thought, fat chance -- my introversion approaches social anxiety, and I don't speak the language of this country. Who the hell am I going to seduce?

A lot of things have gotten really good since then, actually. Our mutual friend hangs out with us more -- he's fun, and an honest-to-god sweetheart. He says he isn't romantically interested in Fiona, which makes her kind of sad, but makes me feel just a little relieved. Both of us are doing more nice little things for each other now. I think our sex has gotten better and more frequent too.

I've started loosening up on her restrictions -- now she can try out this additional thing; now she doesn't have to ask me for permission to do X every time; and honestly, it's okay. Previously I used to be fully committed to monogamy, and even after she gave me permission to do Everything, I felt guilty thinking about being with other women, and for only allowing her some privileges while I could theoretically do anything. But I've gotten kinda-used to the idea that we're in some kind of poly relationship, even if I don't have anybody and it's not 'open' even for her.

However!

From the get-go, Fiona wanted to know how I felt about the idea of her being with other women. I was actually more okay with it -- I am just not threatened by them as men. I still didn't like the idea of her falling in love with a woman, but that concern would fade. Plus, I figured there was the possibility that we might find a girl that we both like, that likes both of us : q [men are pigs].

Since then, Fiona has been flirting super-hard with a common friend of ours (Roxie); hanging out, inviting her over for dinner and drinks, spending the night at her place, and so on. This came later in our little journey, so by now I wasn't feeling too jealous and actually encouraged her. I didn't have many hopes for Roxie and myself -- We've hardly spoken, and I was still simultaneously fascinated and disgusted with the idea of me actually being with another women. Roxie briefly suggested that we visit a museum together, but I got the impression that this was a token gesture since I don't have many friends. But I did figure there was the chance that maybe my wife could get a girlfriend, so that was cool : 3

Fiona has been feeling things out and sending signals for a while so it wasn't such a huge surprise. In preparation for what was to come, she told Roxie the whole truth about our situation -- that she had a 'special friend', and that I was also allowed to do anything. Apparently Roxie was really surprised but ultimately not judgmental. At a later date when they'd both been having a lot of fun, Fiona came out to her. Sadly, Roxie gently said no. I had to console my wife because a woman rejected her. Yep. That was a little weird : |

We were all at a party a couple days later, and Roxie mentions again that we should go to a museum together. I -- blown away, thinking she had originally mentioned it as a token gesture -- was excited, because among the few friends I have, few of them like doing museums and none of those are dependable. We made firm plans to go.

On the way home, I ask my wife if she had mentioned the original museum offer to Roxie? She says no. It seems she thought of this on her own, then. I joked that maybe Roxie was into. Fiona looks me dead in the eyes and says that it would really hurt her if I dated Roxie after she had her heart broken -- in fact, I was forbidden from dating her. So I have crossed Roxie off my list of kinda-maybes, but even then, I have been fantasizing just a little.

Today was the day. I was super nervous, not because 'omg a girl', but because she speaks very little English and I speak very little Not-English. But as the day went on, I actually had a really amazing time. I understood a whole lot of what she said, and vice-versa; it felt like a victory when we struggled to understand each other successfully, and she was super-sweet and understanding. She's also funny, and laughs at my terrible jokes : q

I left the adventure feeling really fulfilled and, I am wondering, maybe a little charmed. Logically, I have to think that a lot of this positivity is not just infatuation, but comes from making a lovely new friend, and feeling proud of my developing language skills.

On the other hand, I was already a little interested in Roxie, but had smothered those thoughts because I figured there was nothing there -- she is quite attractive, great personality, and we did have a great time. And I am a merciless rationalizer, and it would be just like me to convince myself that I didn't like her because I know it would mean deeeeeeep trouble.

tl;dr - Wife falls in love with man. We argue. I allow her to date man and she allows me to date anybody. Everything goes better than expected. Wife flirts with love interest. Love interest rejects her. Love interest invites me to museum. Wife forbids me to date love interest. I meet love interest at museum as a friend, have a great time, now wonder if I like her.

tl;dr tl;dr - As a rationalist, I have mocked the world because people turn things into a soap opera and then find that I became my most interesting show.

Vacation Tenzin posted:

I'm in love with my wife's identical twin sister that she absorbed in the womb. Please advise.

Same. To both.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

are you some kind of sick gently caress with a bad post fetish sitting there jerkin off?

yes

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
It's times like this that I really miss Wishes for Death.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Please list the weight of everyone in the story thanks

The BLT
Jan 3, 2008
Do you know the sandwhich man?

gagelion posted:

However!

gagelion posted:

However!

gagelion posted:

However!

gagelion posted:

However!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The BLT posted:

However!

The BLT posted:

However!

The BLT posted:

However!

yea

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
gagelion thread= didn't read, gas ban

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

gagelion ftw

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
wife fiona

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
get ogre it

Aug 4, 2010

gagelion does it again

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

Dwight Evans posted:

gagelion ftw

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Wow this is super interesting to me op great job thanks for sharing

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
gagelion, you have to shut the gently caress up man

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
hosed up if true...

Oh, wait... it's not.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

occupy her gaza strip

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I am definitely not reading this, but I do think this thread should be moved to the Comedy Gas Chamber

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
mods please change gagelions name a few times a week? its more fun when i dont know its him posting

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

as always the solution to any marital problems is to become swingers

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
cuck a duck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

get on that slizz

• Locked thread