Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You look at these people and its really pathetic. Police officers accosting and harassing poor people and busting their asses for having a little weed or a crackpipe or something. Who gets off on this poo poo? That guy is poor as gently caress and his life is total poo poo of course he's driving around with a suspended license and high on crack he has gently caress all going for him.

I'm not saying saying people should be allowed to drive around uninsured while high on crack but it's a social problem that should be addressed and not exploited under some hosed up guise of law and order fighting crime. Do the people on COPS consent to this?

I apologize for the serious post but I used to watch this show as a kid and haven't seen it for over a decade and its actually quite sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I saw a COPS where the cops tased a dude in a car through the open window.

He was in the drivers seat.

The engine was running, and the car was in gear.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

Shooting someone full of electricity while at the wheel of an in gear vehicle is just one way our boys in blue get tough on crooks

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

but they're bad boys (bad boys)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

And he was having a baby.

And he was blind.

wah wah. Step out of the car cracky.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

gently caress I love COPS

ever see the episode where the guy shoved cheese into his wife's mouth and her false teeth fell out the window with the cheese still in them

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Yea its great

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Clochette posted:

gently caress I love COPS

ever see the episode where the guy shoved cheese into his wife's mouth and her false teeth fell out the window with the cheese still in them

A tragic tale of the broken american dream

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

remember that one where the naked guy wrecked that fence

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjSjgsonUvE

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
it's the closest thing to a real life hunger games as we can get, I love COPS

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sorry I'm a CHEATERS kind of guy

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

The only show that reached the quality of COPS was To Catch a Predator, unfortunately it was cancelled.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The fence is a metaphor for social inequity and this man is attempting to break down these barriers both physical and metaphysical

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
there is a show on mtv called catfish that sorta fulfills that to catch a predator and cheaters void. it's about people who lie about themselves to get dates online, and they meet up with the person they lied to

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

sether01 posted:

there is a show on mtv called catfish that sorta fulfills that to catch a predator and cheaters void. it's about people who lie about themselves to get dates online, and they meet up with the person they lied to

So their plans worked?

E - i'm not getting this concept, unless it's 'lying daters confronted by the people they already dated'. The dates over, move on. You're not perfect either.

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 10, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah i agree that i don't like the weed bust episodes of COPS but when they bring down crazy assholes it's pretty funny. my favorite COPS moment was when they were peacefully leading this black guy to the car and he kept trying to get away and bash his face against everything screaming "I'M THE NEXT RODNEY KING SEE ALL THIS POLICE BRUTALITY"

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

The best Cops episode was when a guy's neighbor stole his pot plant and dragged it over to his own backyard, right next door. The cops showed up and made the guy give it back.

:2bong:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cops is a great show because it shows how loving lovely america really is

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

The best COPS related thing I remember was when they were in a McDonalds responding to a report of a homeless man causing problems and there's this big hairy homeless man with a huge grey beard looking totally freaked out and he locks eyes with the cop and the cop slowly points and asks him to move over there.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

So their plans worked?

E - i'm not getting this concept, unless it's 'lying daters confronted by the people they already dated'. The dates over, move on. You're not perfect either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfish:_The_TV_Show
[quote= On the internet, a "catfish" is a person who creates fake personal profiles on social media sites—pretending to be someone more outwardly appealing than his/her true self, by using someone else's pictures and false biographical information. These "catfish" usually intend to trick an unsuspecting person or persons into falling in love with them. The term "catfish" is derived from the title of a 2010 documentary film, in which filmmaker Nev Schulman discovers that the woman he'd been carrying on an online relationship with had not been honest in describing herself.

MTV and the Catfish film's producers, Schulman and his friend, filmmaker Max Joseph, help couples who have never met in real life. They want to know if the person they have had a seemingly deep emotional relationship with is legitimate or if they are, in fact, a "catfish". Some couples have been together for a few months—others, for years.

Nev claims that he has received requests from people asking him for his help in determining whether or not their online-only lover is lying or truthful about their identity. Each episode is a different couple with a different story; Nev travels to wherever they live and uses background checks and research to uncover the truth. He contacts the other person to arrange a first-ever meeting between the two lovers, then documents how the couple are impacted.[2][3] Schulman said at the Television Critics Association press tour in August 2012 that it's not all about pulling the rug out from under people, explaining:

Whether or not two people are totally lying to each other and it turns out to be a huge disaster, that's only the first part of the story. We then want to know why they are doing it, who they are, what they are feeling, what led them to this place, and why that resonates with thousands of other young people who have the same feelings, who don't have someone to talk to or don't know how to express themselves.[1]
[/quote]

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

FuhrerHat posted:

cops is a great show because it shows how loving lovely america really is

The purpose revealed....

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Wanna see a lost episode of the "dumb crook" pulling out a gun like a wild west shooter and blasting both the cop and the loving dip poo poo camera man.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

theres an episode where some homeless guy is being a creep outside a store so the cops roll up and ask him what the deal

and hes like "im waitin for the president to pick me up in a limo"

so the cops say "uhhh ok well the president told me he was gonna pick you up over there *points to alley off the main street*"

and the crazy guy goes "oh!!! thanks!!!!" and goes over there with a smile on his face

and the cops high five job well done

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
you're canadian, mookface, so you dont understand the American pastime of hating the poor

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
cops is a great example of cops behaving when the camera is too big to easily smash so all cops should be followed by a full camera crew imo

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Actually, its the best show on television.

Watching how terrible the greatest country in the world is makes me laugh so hard.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rapman the Cook posted:

Actually, its the best show on television.

Watching how terrible the greatest country in the world is makes me laugh so hard.

this is kind of funny because the rest of the world is full of retarded idiots it's just nobody wants to make money filming them in other countries

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
cops is the greatest loving show on television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4tKv4gG9E

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
thats not my meth, i dont know how it got there these arent my pants

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gnarlyhotep posted:

you're canadian, mookface, so you dont understand the American pastime of hating the poor

I actually hang out with poors all the time here is a video of me hanging out with some street people distributing cigarettes and good cheer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPfyCndg1Fo&t=27m10s

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

cops is hosed up and bad i agree w/ u op

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

try to find a single cops episode with a high speed chase where the perp doesnt say "i didnt know it was cops behind me"

you cant
its impossible

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i like campus pd

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

try to find a single cops episode with a high speed chase where the perp doesnt say "i didnt know it was cops behind me"

you cant
its impossible

Or "it's my cousin's car"

gently caress, COPS is the greatest show. I get so pumped up when I hear that HUH! at the beginning of the theme song.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

mookface posted:

I actually hang out with poors all the time here is a video of me hanging out with some street people distributing cigarettes and good cheer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPfyCndg1Fo&t=27m10s

this is no time to try and promote your improv group

have a little taste for gods sake

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Robo Reagan posted:

this is kind of funny because the rest of the world is full of retarded idiots it's just nobody wants to make money filming them in other countries

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i never understood what thye were saying in the cops theme song

BUTT PIPE
Oct 11, 2012
i learned a lot about american culture from watching COPS

a lot of episodes have a good formula of starting with "what did that mean white guy do to this poor black auntie" and then they review the videotapes and she hit the dude with a sack of oranges or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gnarlyhotep posted:

this is no time to try and promote your improv group

have a little taste for gods sake

This is a serious doc

• Locked thread