Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Reason for the Easedale loan

quote:

Rangers' latest crisis loan was taken to avoid being wound up by HM Revenue and Customs, BBC Scotland has learned.
It is understood the Scottish Championship club received a seven-day notice letter at the end of December for the payment of national insurance.
Rangers announced on Monday that Sandy Easdale had given a loan of £500,000.
The shareholder and chairman of the football board's money would be used for general working capital over the next few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Even parasites know to take a little at a time to keep the host healthy, this lot are outsmarted by loving fleas.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Why would you even want to buy Rangers? You ain't gonna make any money, what's the loving point

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why would you even want to buy Rangers? You ain't gonna make any money, what's the loving point

You can get the fans to buy shares and pay yourself 100k salary till it all goes tits up again and you pass it onto someone else

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Who wouldn't want to buy one of the most storied franchises in soccer? The Rangers are Scotlands best candidate to join the Barclays BPL eventually (Celtic with its Penn St. like connotations and violent/racist fans is not an ideal candidate for a globally branded league)

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

Even parasites know to take a little at a time to keep the host healthy, this lot are outsmarted by loving fleas.

Ashley has just appointed a new finance director called Barry Leach. At least he has a sense of humour.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

iirc Sarver has a reputation for being tight as gently caress (including selling players for cash straight-up in a league where that basically never happens because you can't reinvest that money into other players or w/e) so lol rangers

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Chris de Sperg posted:

iirc Sarver has a reputation for being tight as gently caress (including selling players for cash straight-up in a league where that basically never happens because you can't reinvest that money into other players or w/e) so lol rangers

Nice casual anti-semitism

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

It amazes me how obsessed Celtic fans are with a club from the championship that they have apparently never played before.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Chris de Sperg posted:

They told him to to get tae anyway

quote:

The Board of Rangers has considered the possible offer from Robert Sarver (or a vehicle to be established and controlled by him) ("Mr Sarver").

The proposal by Mr Sarver comprises a placing of 100 million shares at 18p ("Placing") which, if approved by shareholders at a general meeting, would be immediately followed by an unconditional offer at 18p pursuant to Rule 9 of the Code. The Placing would give Mr Sarver control of Rangers.

While the Directors welcome Mr Sarver's approach, they believe that, notwithstanding the current financial difficulties, the proposal does not adequately value a controlling interest in the Company and accordingly the resolution to approve the placing is unlikely to achieve the 75% majority required. The Directors do not intend to hold the General Meeting which would be necessary to implement the proposal.

The Company is managing its cash resources carefully and will require further funding before the end of January. The Directors are in discussions with Rangers' significant stakeholders with a view to arranging finance for the Club. This is likely to comprise loans in the short term and possibly equity in the medium term. The board has invited Mr Sarver to consider participating in a similar discussion alongside other supportive shareholders.

Haggis Heed posted:

It amazes me how obsessed Celtic fans are with a club from the championship that they have apparently never played before.

It amazes me how many Rangers fans pretend not to understand why 'obsessed' celtic fans are finding this loving hysterically funny. To have one club go bust is unfortunate, two is careless.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Why did you put obsessed in quotes lol you Irish literally only bump this thread for half made up Rangers news

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

African AIDS cum posted:

Why did you put obsessed in quotes lol you Irish literally only bump this thread for half made up Rangers news

If you think this thread is bad you should hear what people are saying about you elsewhere - like on SkySports News, BBC Sport, The Scotsman, The Herald, The Guardian, the National News, the HMRC payment reminder memos, the London Stock Exchange, the RST meetings, succulent lamb restaurants across Glasgow, in pubs & homes across the world, etc, etc.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Wow, Tom's one popular guy.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

BisonDollah posted:

If you think this thread is bad you should hear what people are saying about you elsewhere - like on SkySports News, BBC Sport, The Scotsman, The Herald, The Guardian, the National News, the HMRC payment reminder memos, the London Stock Exchange, the RST meetings, succulent lamb restaurants across Glasgow, in pubs & homes across the world, etc, etc.

Maybe you can use all this energy to build a time machine and help Celtic not go out to Maribor?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Maybe you can use all this energy to build a time machine and help Celtic not go out to Maribor?

And today on SA, a Rangers fan daydreams about a time machine.

Nice fuckin' psyche!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hes not a rangers fan.

Kind of says a lot that you think anyone daring to critique the mighty hoops is though, don't it?

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
I have it on good authority he's a Rescue Rangers fan

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Hes not a rangers fan.

Kind of says a lot that you think anyone daring to critique the mighty hoops is though, don't it?

His entire contribution to this thread:

African AIDS cum posted:

All the Irish posters have disappeared LOL can't face that I was right telling them that Rangers going down would be a disaster for Celtic too. Now Celtic are out of the CL and getting gaped in the league lol frauds.

African AIDS cum posted:

Lol at celtic fans still obsessively following rangers demise as their own tinpot club withers and dies. Forest for the trees.

African AIDS cum posted:

Who wouldn't want to buy one of the most storied franchises in soccer? The Rangers are Scotlands best candidate to join the Barclays BPL eventually (Celtic with its Penn St. like connotations and violent/racist fans is not an ideal candidate for a globally branded league)

African AIDS cum posted:

Funniest thing about him is his wife is named Penny.

African AIDS cum posted:

Nice casual anti-semitism

African AIDS cum posted:

African AIDS cum posted:

Who does this gently caress support?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BisonDollah posted:

:lol:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BisonDollah posted:

lmao you've never read a Tom post before have you?

e: also lmao at someone buying Tom that avatar.

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 7, 2015

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

BisonDollah posted:

A better contribution than yours.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
According to the Sons of Struth petition, the actual playing wages to turnover is 33%, which puts Rangers in a really healthy position going forward.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's mad OP, Tom is usually very conservative in his posting.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

julian assflange posted:

That's mad OP, Tom is usually very conservative in his posting.

The gently caress is a Tom?

Who are these cunts?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BisonDollah posted:

Nice meltdown because someone dared to say the club you like to watch on tele might be bad.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

According to the Sons of Struth petition, the actual playing wages to turnover is 33%, which puts Rangers in a really healthy position going forward.

Is that not the "first team" wages figure that only accounts for 20 players which was put out to try and make it look like they weren't overspending ? First team wages / turnover is meaningless , even if you only included the players and coaching staff they'd still be over 50% wages / turnover

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Nice meltdown because someone dared to say the club you like to watch on tele might be bad.

I watch them on the tele and go to the big games like Inter Milan, Legia Warsaw and Hamilton, I'll have you know. My usual seat is the curve on the second 'C' on that big flag Celtic use to keep the seats protected & dry during the boring games.

A meltdown for not knowing who some troll on the football forums of SA is? Sorry, my man. Will check my encyclopedia next time.

Breaking news edit: Alex Neil to Norwich?
Wonder where that'll leave Hamilton for the rest of the season.

The Hausu Usher fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 7, 2015

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

BisonDollah posted:

The gently caress is a Tom?

Who are these cunts?

these are good questions, does anyone have any answers?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
So then, who the gently caress is Alex Neil?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

these are good questions, does anyone have any answers?

Stop making GBS threads up this thread you turd. First and last warning.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Blue Star Error posted:

So then, who the gently caress is Alex Neil?

oh god, has anyone told Russ :ohdear:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

jre posted:

oh god, has anyone told Russ :ohdear:

We haven't appointed him yet but lol I've not seen bookies odds like that for a while.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
It's May 2008 on a Saturday at about 1:45pm. I am sitting in the Accies Vaults pub. Hamilton Accies play Clyde in the 2nd last game of the season knowing that a win will guarantee promotion to the top tier of Scottish football for the first time in my life. The stadium round the corner holds 5000 people, although has never really been more than half full. Radio Scotland is the background noise in the pub, with the TV showing Sky Sports News. My friend and I plan to have one more drink before going round the corner to pay at the gate. Richard Gordon on the radio is interviewing Hamilton club secretary Scott Struthers, who informs listeners that they expect a sell out and if the fans keep coming in at this rate, the ground will be full by 2pm. We leave most of our pints and run round the corner.

Upon entering the stadium, we find seats. My friend is at the end of a row in the main stand near the halfway line. I am in the next seat inwards to his right. I notice something about the person sitting next to me. It is not the usual old man smelling of beer and urine and fags and somehow more urine. It is a girl in her early twenties. She has long blonde hair and is physically attractive. She is on her own. This is not a usual sight at a Hamilton Accies match.

There's a lot of excitement in the stands. Promotion was unthinkable just 8 years ago when we found ourselves in the bottom tier of Scottish football and about to go out of business with no money, stadium or chairman. My friend smiles at me, nodding in the direction of the young lady to my right. I make face. It is a face that acknowledges I am seated next to a girl.

The match begins. The girl is enthusiastic. She shouts the players names and encourages Accies in the way that I would do so myself. She is around my age, physically attractive, knowledgeable about football and knowledgeable about my small obscure football team. I am pleased with how the situation is panning out, and begin to look forward to our first embrace when the goals flow. Maybe we exchange a smile when it's 1-0. A celebratory hug at full time. A quick drink after the game to celebrate. A passionate embrace outside Mecca Bingo near the train station. Numbers are exchanged. A relationship forms. Season tickets are bought together. A child called Jose Quitongo is born. A love lasts eternal.

Hamilton win 2-0 and are promoted. The girl is ecstatic, jumping for joy and joining in the celebrations with me, my friend and others around. The captain Alex Neil, one of my favourite players and one of the main reasons we are going up, jumps into the stands at full time. He runs up the stairs. He is pumping his fists in celebration. That's when I realise it. He's running towards me. I shout "ALEX!" and pump my fist in conjunction with his. Other fans try to grab him and hug him, but he pushes them off. He has a huge smile on his face and he's rushing towards me. He's now just a few feet away and I prepare to grab him in a manly show of affection. I don't think my life can get any better. My football team is promoted, I've met a great attractive girl and the club captain has singled me out of a crowd of 5000 people to come and celebrate with. I extend my arm out around his shoulder.

He pushes me off.

I am shoved out of the way for Alex Neil to get close to the girl beside me, his girlfriend at the time who is now his wife. They kiss next to me. Neil then leads her by the hand down the stairs onto the pitch where they celebrate together. She gets to hold the cup. The other players and their wives/partners are delighted to see her. I am left alone, and now the face is being made by my friend.

gently caress you Alex "Cockblock" Neil and your slutty teasing whore of a girlfriend/wife, I hate you so much and I am glad you have left my country and I hope that Norwich get relegated and Kyle Lafferty has sex with your missus and you get fired and live in poverty forever.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
St Johnstone got "cock-blocked" twice as hard that day so I've nay sympathy for you.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Russ posted:

It's May 2008 on a Saturday at about 1:45pm. I am sitting in the Accies Vaults pub. Hamilton Accies play Clyde in the 2nd last game of the season knowing that a win will guarantee promotion to the top tier of Scottish football for the first time in my life. The stadium round the corner holds 5000 people, although has never really been more than half full. Radio Scotland is the background noise in the pub, with the TV showing Sky Sports News. My friend and I plan to have one more drink before going round the corner to pay at the gate. Richard Gordon on the radio is interviewing Hamilton club secretary Scott Struthers, who informs listeners that they expect a sell out and if the fans keep coming in at this rate, the ground will be full by 2pm. We leave most of our pints and run round the corner.

Upon entering the stadium, we find seats. My friend is at the end of a row in the main stand near the halfway line. I am in the next seat inwards to his right. I notice something about the person sitting next to me. It is not the usual old man smelling of beer and urine and fags and somehow more urine. It is a girl in her early twenties. She has long blonde hair and is physically attractive. She is on her own. This is not a usual sight at a Hamilton Accies match.

There's a lot of excitement in the stands. Promotion was unthinkable just 8 years ago when we found ourselves in the bottom tier of Scottish football and about to go out of business with no money, stadium or chairman. My friend smiles at me, nodding in the direction of the young lady to my right. I make face. It is a face that acknowledges I am seated next to a girl.

The match begins. The girl is enthusiastic. She shouts the players names and encourages Accies in the way that I would do so myself. She is around my age, physically attractive, knowledgeable about football and knowledgeable about my small obscure football team. I am pleased with how the situation is panning out, and begin to look forward to our first embrace when the goals flow. Maybe we exchange a smile when it's 1-0. A celebratory hug at full time. A quick drink after the game to celebrate. A passionate embrace outside Mecca Bingo near the train station. Numbers are exchanged. A relationship forms. Season tickets are bought together. A child called Jose Quitongo is born. A love lasts eternal.

Hamilton win 2-0 and are promoted. The girl is ecstatic, jumping for joy and joining in the celebrations with me, my friend and others around. The captain Alex Neil, one of my favourite players and one of the main reasons we are going up, jumps into the stands at full time. He runs up the stairs. He is pumping his fists in celebration. That's when I realise it. He's running towards me. I shout "ALEX!" and pump my fist in conjunction with his. Other fans try to grab him and hug him, but he pushes them off. He has a huge smile on his face and he's rushing towards me. He's now just a few feet away and I prepare to grab him in a manly show of affection. I don't think my life can get any better. My football team is promoted, I've met a great attractive girl and the club captain has singled me out of a crowd of 5000 people to come and celebrate with. I extend my arm out around his shoulder.

He pushes me off.

I am shoved out of the way for Alex Neil to get close to the girl beside me, his girlfriend at the time who is now his wife. They kiss next to me. Neil then leads her by the hand down the stairs onto the pitch where they celebrate together. She gets to hold the cup. The other players and their wives/partners are delighted to see her. I am left alone, and now the face is being made by my friend.

gently caress you Alex "Cockblock" Neil and your slutty teasing whore of a girlfriend/wife, I hate you so much and I am glad you have left my country and I hope that Norwich get relegated and Kyle Lafferty has sex with your missus and you get fired and live in poverty forever.

Goldmine

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Russ saves the thread.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Carrier
May 12, 2009

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Thank you Russ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Russ posted:

He pushes me off.

:eyepop: :captainpop: :eyepop: :captainpop: :eyepop: :captainpop:

• Locked thread