Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Basebf555 posted:

There really is no Robin Williams movie that is immune to whats happened. I watched Jumanji over the weekend and all the Alan Parish character wants to do is connect with his father, and then he spends 25 years alone in the loving jungle before finally everything can be set right in the end. Except this is real life and there's no magical board game to reset everything :(

Yeah, Jumanji is a really depressing film and it's telling that one of the gags in the end of the film is telling the kids' parents not to go on a ski trip because they know the parents will die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I watched Insomnia for the first time yesterday. It thought that was a pretty good movie, with a pretty good understated performance from Robin Williams, even if Al Pacino was the focus of the movie.

I forgot to rewatch Jumanji! I watched that movie so many times during my childhood. I should get around to it.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

computer parts posted:

Yeah, Jumanji is a really depressing film and it's telling that one of the gags in the end of the film is telling the kids' parents not to go on a ski trip because they know the parents will die.

That whole ending is weird. The two main characters lived their lives through adulthood and suddenly they're children again, remembering everything. The whole scene proceeds as if that's not a mind-blowing concept. The kids just laugh it off!

e: And that's not even to mention the fact that Robin Williams' character has endured a lifetime of horrors struggling to survive in a jungle with giant mosquitoes in it.

Kull the Conqueror fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 18, 2014

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Robin Williams' dad and the hunter dude in Jumanji are both played by the same actor, which I always thought was a weird Freudian kind of take on a children's movie.

Robin Williams seems to play a lot of roles where he is haunted by metaphorical depictions of his characters' demons who may or may not actually exist. The Fisher King, Jumanji, Hook, etc. for any film studies undergraduates reading this post.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

exquisite tea posted:

Robin Williams seems to play a lot of roles where he is haunted by metaphorical depictions of his characters' demons who may or may not actually exist. The Fisher King, Jumanji, Hook, etc. for any film studies undergraduates reading this post.

I almost wonder if those roles were a form of therapy for him.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kull the Conqueror posted:

That whole ending is weird. The two main characters lived their lives through adulthood and suddenly they're children again, remembering everything. The whole scene proceeds as if that's not a mind-blowing concept. The kids just laugh it off!

e: And that's not even to mention the fact that Robin Williams' character has endured a lifetime of horrors struggling to survive in a jungle with giant mosquitoes in it.

A lifetime of horrors struggling to survive in a jungle with his own dad hunting him down with an elephant gun, yeah.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Be sure to check out HUNDU's own Movie of the Month thread for Jumanji.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Two links I wanted to share:

Regardless of how you feel about Cracked, they are a comedy website made of up comedians, and this post really nails the connection between depression and comedy.

And this NPR article came out the day after and isn't directly related, but there's one quote that I feel was especially poignant:

quote:

There's a stigma that goes with having a mental illness. It comes with this idea of weakness of will. Which is weird, because if somebody had a broken arm you'd never tell them to will their way out of it.

Bye, Robin.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

404notfound posted:

And this NPR article came out the day after and isn't directly related, but there's one quote that I feel was especially poignant:

Bye, Robin.

The people who are skeptical of mental illness are the same people who believe in the just world fallacy. It's less skepticism and more an inability to accept the idea that large portions of your life and mental state are entirely out of your control. Some people just need to believe that happiness is a switch you choose to turn on to be able to function normally and not have an existential breakdown. They can accept that their bodies can break, but they can't accept that their minds can. Probably because if you're careful you can avoid physical harm, but there's nothing you can do to avoid mental illness. In that way it's weird that we usually feel bad for someone who broke a bone doing something stupid but tons of people have disdain for someone who suffers from depression through no fault of their own.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

mr. mephistopheles posted:

The people who are skeptical of mental illness are the same people who believe in the just world fallacy. It's less skepticism and more an inability to accept the idea that large portions of your life and mental state are entirely out of your control. Some people just need to believe that happiness is a switch you choose to turn on to be able to function normally and not have an existential breakdown. They can accept that their bodies can break, but they can't accept that their minds can. Probably because if you're careful you can avoid physical harm, but there's nothing you can do to avoid mental illness. In that way it's weird that we usually feel bad for someone who broke a bone doing something stupid but tons of people have disdain for someone who suffers from depression through no fault of their own.

To expand, it's also a failing of people who make a distinction between the brain and the mind, as if the mind is something other than merely the perceptions provided by the physicality of the brain. It's like saying a person should be able to cut of his tongue and will himself to still be able to taste.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

AnonSpore posted:

A lifetime of horrors struggling to survive in a jungle with his own dad hunting him down with an elephant gun, yeah.

It's the most vivid explanation that the movie gives that the game feeds off of the people who play it. Notice also that Judy gives her parents a very Kipling-esque death, and then they happen upon the Veldt; that Peter cheating turns him into the first thing he manifested when he rolled the dice; and the stampede happens at precisely the moment when Alan and Sarah are beginning to fight like a married couple.

Criminal Minded posted:

Be sure to check out HUNDU's own Movie of the Month thread for Jumanji.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

After Jungle Jumanji and Space Jumanji, we need Horror Jumanji. Like Castle Ravenloft or something.

Your rolled the dice, we came.:cenobite:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

404notfound posted:

quote:

There's a stigma that goes with having a mental illness. It comes with this idea of weakness of will. Which is weird, because if somebody had a broken arm you'd never tell them to will their way out of it.

Bye, Robin.

No, but it would be fairly accurate to say that they had a weakness of bones.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MonsieurChoc posted:

After Jungle Jumanji and Space Jumanji, we need Horror Jumanji. Like Castle Ravenloft or something.

Isn't that basically what that Ouija movie is going to be?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

computer parts posted:

Isn't that basically what that Ouija movie is going to be?

I meant a good movie.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I went for my first therapy session today. I've had my demons all my life, and as stupid and selfish as it probably sounds this whole situation convinced me that it was finally time to get some real, honest help. Just one session and it's helped immensely, so if anything positive comes of this I hope others can be persuaded to do the same.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Adrianics posted:

I went for my first therapy session today. I've had my demons all my life, and as stupid and selfish as it probably sounds this whole situation convinced me that it was finally time to get some real, honest help. Just one session and it's helped immensely, so if anything positive comes of this I hope others can be persuaded to do the same.
Good on you, slugger! No sarcasm! Therapy changed my life completely. I wish I could get other people to do it… although it was pretty awkward when I found out the hard way that my therapist is also the marriage counselor for one of my students.

The only celebrity I know who's been open about seeing a therapist is John Cleese. I wish more celebrities would open up about it, since as sad as it is that America works this way, I think celebrity endorsements could help a lot of people. (I feel like the one good thing to come out of Robin Williams' death is that it's led to an increase in people taking mental illness seriously.)

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
I'm way late to this news, but drat this is sad. This man did more for Trans Rights and Advocacy with Mrs. Doubtfire than any other person in the last 30 years.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Narciss posted:

I'm way late to this news, but drat this is sad. This man did more for Trans Rights and Advocacy with Mrs. Doubtfire than any other person in the last 30 years.
I've heard Mrs. Doubtfire mentioned as transphobic. I haven't seen it since childhood, but that would make an interesting debate, especially since a lot of other 90s comedies were virulently transphobic (like Ace Ventura).

I do think Mrs. Doubtfire was incredibly queer-positive for its time, though. Using actual gay actors Harvey Fierstein and Scott Capurro to play a gay couple was pretty cool, especially since at no point did the film make a big deal about their homosexuality. They were just two guys who loved and wanted to support their brother/brother-in-law. Even Robin Williams' utterance of "Uncle Frank and Aunt Jack" was refreshingly insouciant. The whole thing tied in wonderfully with Mrs. Doubtfire's overall message of support for unconventional families.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I agree that the portrayal of the gay couple was perfect in that movie, and I always loved the offhand "uncle Frank and aunt Jack".

I'm not an authority (just a fag) but I do not think Mrs. Doubtphire was transphobic, particularly. Mostly because it never overreached, and never attempted to make any comments about actual transgendered people, or even transvestites. It's a family comedy that's about a father who is willing to do anything to be with his kids, and it just so happens that this is the way he goes about it, based on his talents and the resources at his disposal.

I think the really important scenes are at the end, where we see his successful TV show, because it counterbalances any perceived negativity from the judge's pronouncement - even though it was a pronouncement we were meant to feel sad and unhappy about when it's made, it is the only moment in the film (I felt) when we are reminded of any potential transphobic or homophobic prejudices society may have about what Daniel Hillard did to be with his kids.

Never is the suggestion made that "Mrs. Doubtphire" was a corrupting influence on children by virtue of being a man dressed as a woman; to the contrary, this is why those final scenes where we see the successful television show are so important. The conclusion the film makes is that Mrs. Doubtphire is such a wonderful and positive creation that she enters the lives of countless children - which is a very subversive and "live and let live" attitude to have, if you ask me, and I don't perceive anything transphobic about it.

Sure, some of the jokes are a bit crass, but it's a silly comedy and this is what makes it funny. I think it really did a good job, in retrospect. I haven't seen it in ages though, would be interesting to watch it again - I did watch it at least a dozen times as a kid though, I think, but everyone did c'mon.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kaworu posted:

I agree that the portrayal of the gay couple was perfect in that movie, and I always loved the offhand "uncle Frank and aunt Jack".

I'm not an authority (just a fag) but I do not think Mrs. Doubtphire was transphobic, particularly. Mostly because it never overreached, and never attempted to make any comments about actual transgendered people, or even transvestites. It's a family comedy that's about a father who is willing to do anything to be with his kids, and it just so happens that this is the way he goes about it, based on his talents and the resources at his disposal.

I think the really important scenes are at the end, where we see his successful TV show, because it counterbalances any perceived negativity from the judge's pronouncement - even though it was a pronouncement we were meant to feel sad and unhappy about when it's made, it is the only moment in the film (I felt) when we are reminded of any potential transphobic or homophobic prejudices society may have about what Daniel Hillard did to be with his kids.

Never is the suggestion made that "Mrs. Doubtphire" was a corrupting influence on children by virtue of being a man dressed as a woman; to the contrary, this is why those final scenes where we see the successful television show are so important. The conclusion the film makes is that Mrs. Doubtphire is such a wonderful and positive creation that she enters the lives of countless children - which is a very subversive and "live and let live" attitude to have, if you ask me, and I don't perceive anything transphobic about it.

Sure, some of the jokes are a bit crass, but it's a silly comedy and this is what makes it funny. I think it really did a good job, in retrospect. I haven't seen it in ages though, would be interesting to watch it again - I did watch it at least a dozen times as a kid though, I think, but everyone did c'mon.

I love this post. I remember watching this almost every day as a kid, and the film got hard to watch for a little while when my parents were going through some problems. After watching the film, I asked my mom if she was going to divorce my dad.

Years later, she did. While I'm much older, it kinda hurts me. But the ending of the film really hits me hard, in a good way. I love the movie.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
There actually is a scene early in Ms. Doubtfire where Williams's character pretends to be other prospective nannies over the phone to Sally Field. They're all awful and the intent is to make Ms. Doubtfire the clear and only choice. One of the fake nannies mentions that she doesn't work with boys since she used to be a boy and Sally Field slams the phone down in disgust. So, while Ms. Doubtfire as a character may not be transphobic, there is at least one clear transphobic scene in the movie.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'd kind of want Horror Jumanji to have a little less terror at the end. Like Count Strahd is mortally horrified that the kids thought that they were in actual danger at any time when he was throwing skeletons and bathtubs full of blood at them in the millipede pits of Dr. Scalpel.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Could we not needlessly nitpick a 21 year old movie?

Also while it doesn't make it right, attitudes where far different back then.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Alteisen posted:

Also while it doesn't make it right, attitudes where far different back then.
That was really what I was trying to say, that its progressiveness is actually quite surprising and commendable vis-à-vis the time of its release. It's like The Crimson Kimono, almost anachronistic in its rejection of old attitudes.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

CloseFriend posted:

I've heard Mrs. Doubtfire mentioned as transphobic. I haven't seen it since childhood, but that would make an interesting debate, especially since a lot of other 90s comedies were virulently transphobic (like Ace Ventura).

I do think Mrs. Doubtfire was incredibly queer-positive for its time, though. Using actual gay actors Harvey Fierstein and Scott Capurro to play a gay couple was pretty cool, especially since at no point did the film make a big deal about their homosexuality. They were just two guys who loved and wanted to support their brother/brother-in-law. Even Robin Williams' utterance of "Uncle Frank and Aunt Jack" was refreshingly insouciant. The whole thing tied in wonderfully with Mrs. Doubtfire's overall message of support for unconventional families.

kaworu posted:

Timeless Appeal posted:

There actually is a scene early in Ms. Doubtfire where Williams's character pretends to be other prospective nannies over the phone to Sally Field. They're all awful and the intent is to make Ms. Doubtfire the clear and only choice. One of the fake nannies mentions that she doesn't work with boys since she used to be a boy and Sally Field slams the phone down in disgust. So, while Ms. Doubtfire as a character may not be transphobic, there is at least one clear transphobic scene in the movie.

I've heard the complaint that Mrs. Doubtfire is transphobic before, too, but it always struck me as fantastically missing the forest for the trees, since the film, as Timeless Appeal points out, doesn't actually address transexuality or transgenderism as anything other than a joke. Looking at a film that features cross-dressing and deciding that this is commentary on transgenderism or transexuality - whether demeaning or subversive - is reactionary and reductive. It moves the goal post from analyzing and critiquing the content of the film to attempting to basically dowsing the 'secret meaning' of the text, and it furthermore just gives ammunition to the opposite reductive argument that it's actually an example of queer-positive subversion.

With all do respect to kaworu, just because the film isn't transphobic doesn't mean it's subversive or queer-positive. There's nothing particularly subversive about a film which posits that, "Only a man knows how a woman is supposed to behave." (For a subversive film, try David Cronenberg's M. Butterfly, which I'm quoting.) The problem of the film isn't queer- or transphobia; it's a very cliche, understated sexism. While the film plays up Williams as naive and impulsive and irresponsible, his absence from the family clearly creates an emotional vacuum which becomes the dramatic tension of the story. Though Williams clearly invades the security and privacy of the family by taking on the guise of a Mother Goose, this is ultimately legitimized by his becoming 'America's Grandma,' by becoming more of a maternal figure than Sally Field - the real working woman whose only crime is that she isn't a chameleon. This is emphasized by Field ultimately deciding to share custody with Williams, and having Mrs. Doubtfire's final message actually being to her. Despite the fact that she's a 'working woman,' by the end of the film she's still a 'stay at home mom' who learns to accept that the absence of the father connotes the reciprocal dissolution of the mother, necessitating Williams as our vigilante hero violating the laws and conventions of society in order to bring the traditional family equation back to life. It's a men's rights activists wet dream.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

I'd kind of want Horror Jumanji to have a little less terror at the end. Like Count Strahd is mortally horrified that the kids thought that they were in actual danger at any time when he was throwing skeletons and bathtubs full of blood at them in the millipede pits of Dr. Scalpel.

Yeah, but I couldn't resist using the Cenobite smiley.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

K. Waste posted:

I've heard the complaint that Mrs. Doubtfire is transphobic before, too, but it always struck me as fantastically missing the forest for the trees, since the film, as Timeless Appeal points out, doesn't actually address transexuality or transgenderism as anything other than a joke. Looking at a film that features cross-dressing and deciding that this is commentary on transgenderism or transexuality - whether demeaning or subversive - is reactionary and reductive. It moves the goal post from analyzing and critiquing the content of the film to attempting to basically dowsing the 'secret meaning' of the text, and it furthermore just gives ammunition to the opposite reductive argument that it's actually an example of queer-positive subversion.

With all do respect to kaworu, just because the film isn't transphobic doesn't mean it's subversive or queer-positive. There's nothing particularly subversive about a film which posits that, "Only a man knows how a woman is supposed to behave." (For a subversive film, try David Cronenberg's M. Butterfly, which I'm quoting.) The problem of the film isn't queer- or transphobia; it's a very cliche, understated sexism. While the film plays up Williams as naive and impulsive and irresponsible, his absence from the family clearly creates an emotional vacuum which becomes the dramatic tension of the story. Though Williams clearly invades the security and privacy of the family by taking on the guise of a Mother Goose, this is ultimately legitimized by his becoming 'America's Grandma,' by becoming more of a maternal figure than Sally Field - the real working woman whose only crime is that she isn't a chameleon. This is emphasized by Field ultimately deciding to share custody with Williams, and having Mrs. Doubtfire's final message actually being to her. Despite the fact that she's a 'working woman,' by the end of the film she's still a 'stay at home mom' who learns to accept that the absence of the father connotes the reciprocal dissolution of the mother, necessitating Williams as our vigilante hero violating the laws and conventions of society in order to bring the traditional family equation back to life. It's a men's rights activists wet dream.

You're not wrong at all - that's a perfectly valid interpretation of the film and quite correct. That being said, what you're describing strikes me as, well, like you said - clear and understated sexism. Though, when you break it down it like you did in your post it does not sound particularly understated.

In any case, I agree that it's a problem with the film, and I feel a little foolish for not having seen it more clearly - but it has been a while, and the last time I watched it I wasn't aware of a number of things. I hadn't exactly learned to check my male privilege back then.

I mean, just to make an example, if Mrs. Doubtfire (and I'm so mortified about misspelling the name every time in my last post) is a film with strong but underrated sexism, then the '90s comedy that is truly homophobic and most strongly and specifically transphobic would be Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. Not to get off topic by talking about films by other comedians obviously suffering from mental illness, but anyway. The entire plot of that film is deeply rooted in a hatred and fear of anything non-hetero. The whole thing plays so, so differently today than when I was 8 and watched it, totally ignorant of the horrorshow in front of me.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

who gives a poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

kaworu posted:

I mean, just to make an example, if Mrs. Doubtfire (and I'm so mortified about misspelling the name every time in my last post) is a film with strong but underrated sexism, then the '90s comedy that is truly homophobic and most strongly and specifically transphobic would be Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. Not to get off topic by talking about films by other comedians obviously suffering from mental illness, but anyway. The entire plot of that film is deeply rooted in a hatred and fear of anything non-hetero. The whole thing plays so, so differently today than when I was 8 and watched it, totally ignorant of the horrorshow in front of me.

I probably should have prefaced my comments by saying that I, like many people, grew up loving the poo poo out of Mrs. Doubtfire. It's hilarious. And what you bring up is valid, too. Even though the film is rather overtly sexist, ultimately the stated objective of the film is that, "Just because your parents got divorced doesn't mean they don't love you," and also, to a lesser extent, "Divorced families are not 'broken' families, and family is in your heart and actions, not in any single set standard." But that's the thing, the problem of the film isn't that it's egregiously bad. Like most mediocre movies, its mundane qualities and sentimentalism subsume its social and domestic rhetoric in an inoffensive and non-threatening form. The film is the real world analogue of Mrs. Doubtfire, and is named after her. All of Robin Williams' actions in the film would clearly be evidence of a personality disorder, but because he literally becomes a woman - Williams' performance is that good - this comes off as merely 'eccentric.'

In its own small way, the film does tap into one cultural anxiety that is equally important to address: That there is a prejudice against the idea of a man expressing deeply intimate and even 'maternal' love for children, while we're okay with a completely strange woman who is old (and, thus, sexually non-threatening) acting in the same way. Socially, we want the Williams of the world to repress their femininity and accept emotional isolation. The problem is that the movie couches the criticism of these social prejudices in the typical men's rights argument, which is that men are 'forced' to be feminized by the socialization/masculinization of women. Personally, I think Williams the actor was more interested in the former critique of social prejudice than in the non-explicit demonization of women, which is why the film holds up at least as a point of nostalgia. We are introduced to Williams as he resists the pressure of his bosses to glorify smoking - rejecting the masculine social sphere - and, thus, we realistically get the impression that he actually is something of an 'old maid.' We can imagine him being that kid growing up who always used to warn his friends not to get in trouble, to which they'd rejoined "Thanks, grandma."

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Here's my analysis for Mrs. Doubtfire: the mom is an rear end in a top hat who divorced him and took Robin's kids away from him all because he gave one of his kids an awesome birthday party :colbert:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Robin Williams in drag = Tom Hanks in drag = Lack Lemmon in drag = Alec Guinness in drag = Bugs Bunny in drag = The Three Stooges in drag. It's a comedic meme, so to speak, and Robin was carrying on the fine tradition of comedic actors (yes, Alec Guinness was a comedic actor early in his career) doing the drag thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

monster on a stick posted:

Robin Williams in drag = Tom Hanks in drag = Lack Lemmon in drag = Alec Guinness in drag = Bugs Bunny in drag = The Three Stooges in drag. It's a comedic meme, so to speak, and Robin was carrying on the fine tradition of comedic actors (yes, Alec Guinness was a comedic actor early in his career) doing the drag thing.

He already did it long before Doubtfire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlOUZ3OAX60&t=4480s

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Timeless Appeal posted:

Who gives a poo poo

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

He was a good man with a firm handshake. Never saw any of his films but I enjoyed his company. RIP.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Cole posted:

Who gives a poo poo

I am quoting this post, because I wanted to say that I agree with it.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Cole posted:

Who gives a poo poo

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I am quoting this post, because I wanted to say that I agree with it.

Congratulations. You've both mistaken the RIP Robin Williams thread for one where we don't discuss Robin Williams and his artistic/cultural legacy.

Mrs. Doubtfire sucks. Robin Williams is great. Oh my God, the thread, look, it's ruined, ruined!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

K. Waste posted:

Congratulations. You've both mistaken the RIP Robin Williams thread for one where we don't discuss Robin Williams and his artistic/cultural legacy.

Mrs. Doubtfire sucks. Robin Williams is great. Oh my God, the thread, look, it's ruined, ruined!

You're talking about tranny rights and hurt feelings and who gives a poo poo?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Cole posted:

tranny rights

You're not in GBS any more, FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Cole posted:

You're talking about tranny rights and hurt feelings and who gives a poo poo?

I'm actually not talking about either of those things. Thanks for tipping me off that you're also functionally illiterate.

• Locked thread