Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
There have been plenty of celebrity deaths over the years that have saddened me, but I'm finding the death of Robin Williams to be hitting me harder than any other, so much so that I'm surprised at it. I guess I kinda forgot how much his movies meant to me as a kid, and how much I admired his more serious roles as I got older. Part of it is certainly the way he died. It's such an insidious disease, and while I don't suffer from it, I know a few that do, and I've seen it hit hard. It's truly a terrible thing to see, and I can't imagine how awful it would be to live with it. To be lost in such blackness without seeing a light on the horizon. Add to that the Parkinson's, it must have been crushing.

I watched Cadillac Man the other day. I had seen it in small parts over the years, but never all the way through. It was in the On Demand menu and I felt like I needed to watch something of his. He's great in it, of course. Watching it, and thinking on it later while also reading about him from strangers and friends and family, I had to break down. He obviously meant so much to so many, and it's a huge loss. There are plenty of his movies I still need to see, so I'll be sure to find them out. I never got to meet the man, which I've always wanted to do, and now that chance is gone. But he's still out there in some shape or form. The movies and standup specials and TV shows are a nice record of a warm, talented man.

A friend of mine out in Keene, NH, where they filmed parts of Jumanji, took a few pictures of the memorial that has sprung up under the Parrish Shoes sign that was painted on a wall for the film and still exists. Seems small, but I've heard it's just gotten bigger.

http://cheshirecountyimages.tumblr.com/post/94727087570/robin-williams-memorial-in-keene-nh-parrish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread