Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

meteloides posted:

gently caress. gently caress. loving SCREAMING poo poo.

Goddamnit. I'm so, SO loving mad. It didn't even fully sink in until after my husband and I got done watching Hook tonight. God loving drat it. He's DEAD. gently caress. GODDAMNIT.

The thing is, I can really... idk. I understand what he was doing to some extent. I've suffered depression all my life. For most of my adulthood, the only way I could hold down a job was by faking happy as hard as I loving could, as if my life depended on it (because really, my livelihood did depend on it). Customers at work always used to say how cheerful I was, and sometimes my bosses thought I was on something because I was way too perky. And then I'd get home and throw things and scream and cry and then sit in front of the computer and kill a bottle of wine for dinner.

Depression is frequently a fatal illness. It is constantly trying to kill you. Any little excuse, any chance it get, it tries to loving kill you. It's incredibly painful, cannot be cured, only put into remission, and frequently kills people. 2nd highest cause of death among young adults and third highest among kids. Kids, for Christ's sake.

Anyone who loving says this poo poo is weakness or someone should just snap themselves out of it and be happy is a douche and should be punched. At the least.

I hope wherever he is now, he's no longer suffering, and finally actually happy.

As someone that's battled with depression and suicidal thoughts from time to time, yea this hits in the gut a little bit. You hit everything right on the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

JayJay posted:

This is exactly how I feel. I am not all that torn up over Robin Williams being dead, people die and it sucks, but it's just how he died is not something I could have imagined reading in a lifetime. Not to him anyway, he was always bigger than life. I had no idea about his depression. He was a huge part of my nostalgia growing up and I am going to go home and watch hook. :cry:

I did this last night. As flawed as a movie it is, still love it.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm rewatching Hook right now, after not having seen it for years. Maggie Smith killing it as Wendy at the start. Also, why didn't Moira go with Peter? She's Wendy's granddaughter, they're her children too, she should be part of the adventure too.

Man, Robin Williams is great. :cry:

I re-watched it the night the news broke, and I still enjoy the hell out of it. Dustin Hoffman and Robin Williams going back and forth? Yes please.

• Locked thread