Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Apart from all the movies I watched countless times, I have one prevaling memory of Robin Williams. In high school I worked with a kid who was a cancer survivor, but there had been a point a year or two prior where it looked like he wouldn't win the battle. Make A Wish got involved and asked him what he wanted, and he said he wanted to meet Robin Williams.

Robin invited him to stay at his house for an entire week.

They watched movies, played video games, talked about comedy, and all sorts of things. To me, this sums up Robin Williams more than any quote from his films will. He was a man with a heart of gold, and it really rips me up that depression tore away at his soul and lead to this. Depression is the worst.

gently caress, man. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I work at Disney World, so last night there were some makeshift tributes at the various parks. At Magic Kingdom (where I work) we paid our respects during Genie's segment in the fireworks show, but the one I like most is at the Studios show Fantasmic. At the end a river boat filled with all sorts of Disney characters shows up. Genie has been a staple of the show since it's inception. Last night, all the other characters were taking turns hugging him as the boat made it's rounds.

:unsmith:

Its simple but it made me smile to hear about it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

My favorite story about the making of Hook is a scene where Hoffman was having some trouble with the lines or something, and Robin quipped from somewhere on set "Try Acting!" like Olivier had said to Hoffman on the set of Marathon Man.

• Locked thread