Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

K. Waste posted:

"Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great Clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains."
- Alan Moore, "Watchmen"
Rest In Peace, Comedian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Datasmurf posted:

I've spent the day watching movies with Robin in them. Started with "Good Will Hunting", then "Popeye", "Aladdin", "Jumanji", "The Aristocrats", "The World According to Garp", "Flubber", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Hook", "Dead Poets Society" and "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen". I've choked up too drat many times today, while rewatching some of my favourite movies from my youth, and I'm not ashamed to tell the world (or at least goons) that the tears have been flowing freely. So many great movies, so many fantastic memories.

Didn't really get better when I decided to read tweets about people's - celebrities and people I have no idea who is - reaction to his death. Damnit, it feels like he left us way too soon. It'll be a long night, and I doubt the hurting will go away anytime soon, but I'll guess we just have to live with it. There's not much else to do.

Norm McDonald's tweeted story was beautiful, though.

• Locked thread