Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

drat!! what an ending.

That was a hell of a game, flavor was great, roles were cool. The random alignments were actually very cool, and it made some of the Standard Mafia Playbook not really work so well, which I thought was fun. It made my Rolecop interesting as well, because while I could see whether or not people were lying when they claimed, that was all I had to go on.

I also had a moment of horror going into N3 when I rolecopped busb because I realized if he were scum, he could very well be lying about his role, and allowing him the firstpost might have allowed him to win! But good work, guys! Really great games from everyone, except lol tearshed.

Great to hear, thank you!

Oh and yeah, I thought about picking a town/scum mvp but that choice was impossible. So many people played hard and even with a day one scum lynch, it took some very smart night actions to drive the win home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

oh, here's the masonry doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fihh1tKS7AIUOIlw1g_wHKgnXMZRgIpTY-voRsJndqQ/edit#gid=0

I kinda feel bad, I was shifting computers and forgot to re-open the tab after it being so quiet! Sorry y'all!

or wait did I end up dead before the other recruitments :v:

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Captain Foo posted:

or wait did I end up dead before the other recruitments :v:

There were never more than 2 masons at once.

Which means that I never got to use either of my powers...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

There were never more than 2 masons at once.

Which means that I never got to use either of my powers...

ah well

unconfirmed masonries are tricky to work with, but it looks like chaos did a hell of a job

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh, and including a Paranoid Gun Owner item in a game brimming with kills? No idea what I was thinking.

I like Night Three: Weekend at Juanito's.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Nice work town. Man did I freak out when yuming died N2.

I also thought it was funny that both the Aussies got the role that relied on posting first in the thread. At least it made it even.

Thanks Somber, I really enjoyed the flavour. Congrats to the new players, you did good. Play more games!

Busb - you hosed my Plan A when you pushed for a no lynch, and I had no Plan B, so I thought I'd just have some fun claiming an investigation against you. From the start of the game yuming was pushing to get you onside and she was right. I'll listen to her next time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Thanks Somber, I really enjoyed the flavour. Congrats to the new players, you did good. Play more games!

This too!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fyi for those of you who like the randomized role/alignment gimmick, I'm going to be running one that is semi-random after the long weekend.

Want to reiterate that this is in my top-tier of "mafia games I have enjoyed"

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Scum doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nApKl84TuY48EjY8onbjtdIJd1YUt7mRiyeM0AymNvo/edit#gid=1846232290

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
Excellent attempt, f_v. Obviously you had me convinced!!!

Good work other towns. Busb, nice investigating on that last night!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yay team! That was a solid effort~

I was so sad I got NK'ed :||| I actually had a plan for once.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Very active scumdoc with the obvs exception of tearshed! Looks fun, would scumbro with either of you any time :sun:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yo Foo you can presign me for that jazz.

Hey, if any of you UA superfans(or anyone really) wanna collaborate on a sequel sometime lemme know!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Captain Foo posted:

I also had a moment of horror going into N3 when I rolecopped busb because I realized if he were scum, he could very well be lying about his role, and allowing him the firstpost might have allowed him to win! But good work, guys! Really great games from everyone, except lol tearshed.

Yeah i didn't bring up the possibility of first post having alternate powers for that reason. I was also going to push for a massclaim before the nolynch.

I don't mind that people didn't trust me this game overmuch, there was nothing that solid about my play and led the lynch into two townies. I felt like my posting was quite honest though and hoped that would carry the day.

Tried to put out a false trail on thinking strong mouse was scummier than f_v so i wouldn't get blocked which sorta worked.

I wish you hadn't shot me sava because i was going to argue the above point that f_v shouldn't have expected me to investigate her because i said i thought strong mouse was scummier!

Alas you didn't believe me :angel:

f_v why didn't you nk me/savahontas earlier?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Nice work town. Man did I freak out when yuming died N2.

I also thought it was funny that both the Aussies got the role that relied on posting first in the thread. At least it made it even.

Busb - you hosed my Plan A when you pushed for a no lynch, and I had no Plan B, so I thought I'd just have some fun claiming an investigation against you. From the start of the game yuming was pushing to get you onside and she was right. I'll listen to her next time.

Wow i missed this post completely.

Yeah pushing the nolynch was obviously the best move at that stage. I had fun with the counter investigations because i took 10 minutes to pop in after an incredibly stressful couple of days at work - i was so exhausted i didn't even know what i was saying. I hosed that up hardcore!

busb fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 30, 2014

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Also if anyone now has zero games come play in my Dune soldiers game!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3660445

that means you too somber!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

Yeah i didn't bring up the possibility of first post having alternate powers for that reason. I was also going to push for a massclaim before the nolynch.

I don't mind that people didn't trust me this game overmuch, there was nothing that solid about my play and led the lynch into two townies. I felt like my posting was quite honest though and hoped that would carry the day.

Tried to put out a false trail on thinking strong mouse was scummier than f_v so i wouldn't get blocked which sorta worked.

I wish you hadn't shot me sava because i was going to argue the above point that f_v shouldn't have expected me to investigate her because i said i thought strong mouse was scummier!

Wow i missed this post completely.

Yeah pushing the nolynch was obviously the best move at that stage. I had fun with the counter investigations because i took 10 minutes to pop in after an incredibly stressful couple of days at work - i was so exhausted i didn't even know what i was saying. I hosed that up hardcore!

I knew you were going to cop me, but I was worried about watchers/docs/roleblockers if I went for you either night. I didn't see a way out of it.

I was essentially vanilla scum since I couldn't NK and use one of my powers. So if I role blocked you once then there would be no kill. So I would have to post first to stop you getting your power, but that would look scummy. It felt like a catch-22 from my perspective and I didn't think I could go many (or any tbh) days before being lynched.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Even though I didn't get to use my stuff because of my night kill( :argh: Yuming! ), I still thought this was a great game btw. Thanks for running it Somber!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

busb posted:

Honestly this is a big reason I shot you! That and I was pretty sure we had it either way.

STILL SORRY

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I knew you were going to cop me, but I was worried about watchers/docs/roleblockers if I went for you either night. I didn't see a way out of it.

I was essentially vanilla scum since I couldn't NK and use one of my powers. So if I role blocked you once then there would be no kill. So I would have to post first to stop you getting your power, but that would look scummy. It felt like a catch-22 from my perspective and I didn't think I could go many (or any tbh) days before being lynched.

You were right fv I jailed him the night after he put forth his plan and protected him the next night, so a kill wouldn't have worked.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Asiina posted:

You were right fv I jailed him the night after he put forth his plan and protected him the next night, so a kill wouldn't have worked.

Good stuff Asiina! I knew there had to be some sort of protective role out there and just putting the thought out there into the thread enabled me to live, even if it turned out we didn't have a doc.

I think the problem you ran into f_v was out of thread decisions, i thought your posting was quite good and you definitely convinced some people and didn't crumble at all.
The only way you win from 2 nights out was making sure both me and sava made it to lylo with you. As scum you have to have a lylo plan figured out instead of a "Just last one more night" mentality. A lot of people struggle with this, and it's especially hard after losing all your scumbuddies i know.

Scum really HAVE to get rid of any confirmed town players as soon as possible, because other targets will always show up. For example Chaoslord - everyone in the thread knew he was town from that obvious as hell post day1. So you either have to be drat sure you have him in your pocket, or kill him off.

So you have 2 nights until possible lylo, and have chaos, sava, myself that need to be killed.

Anyway that's a lot of words to say "Well done, have a lylo plan, kill confirming townies asap. :)

Thanks for the game Somber!
I'm never playing a mafia game with you ever again Sava!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was a sorta doc.

I could jail but only once per person or I could build up protect (doc) charges by being a bodyguard.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Also i just wanted to say Strong Mouse that you actually played a decent game in regards to alignment judging all game long. I hope you decide to keep playing and get more comfortable just posting, because you were pretty right about most things this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

busb posted:

Also i just wanted to say Strong Mouse that you actually played a decent game in regards to alignment judging all game long. I hope you decide to keep playing and get more comfortable just posting, because you were pretty right about most things this game!

Thanks! I plan on doing this again, but school just started up and I have gotten busy. It probably won't be until October or November before I participate in another one.

And yeah, I tend to lurk a lot instead of posting. I think participating in this may have doubled my post count ;)

• Locked thread