Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'll play but only on the condition that you get Savahontas to play too Somberbrero~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Savahontas posted:

I DID NOT SAY THAT. Busb I have missed you! I will play your stupid game, Somberbrero, and I will win it.

Hahah. poo poo. i was counting on you hating mafia and not playing. Oh well guess i'm playing too then!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I have a role and i'm not afraid to abuse it.

##vote Strong Mouse

Let's save everyone the hassle! Welcome to mafia!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
on second thoughts ##vote Somberbrero for breaking tables.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Strong Mouse posted:

I may be a newb, but that doesn't mean I'll go down without a fight

##vote busb

How can you fight without a role? :smuggo:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3tl9xM1_wM

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'm only voting for him because he didn't have PMs. I'm trying to save somber the hassle of emailing. As we all know emails are a destructive time waster and should be eliminated from professional life as soon as possible.

Either that or i didn't see where he posted his email address and assumed he didn't even have a role yet.

I had Kylie Minogue in my head all last night :(

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Oh and the deadline is 6am in paradise so i will not be around. I don't get up that early for anyone.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Juanito posted:

How about we turbo no-lynch? I think everybody is being careful because they want to use their power role.

##vote no-lynch

Lets all turbo paste our role PMs instead.

You first.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I feel like there is an inordinate strayan representation in mafia nowadays.

Dare we enter... the thunderdome?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Juanito posted:

I called out Strong Mouse hoping it would get him to post more. I know it can be hard to get into games at first.

I got him to vote me so i'm p sure i did a better job than you.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I am seriously going to run Australian Mafia. I have all the flavour worked out, now I just have to come up with a fun game design.

A lot of us are terrible, so a terrible game design would probably fit the bill.

I think i am going to address... the ##vote Elephant in the room.
heh.

There's a few names i don't recognise

Strong Mouse: first game
chaoslord: 4th game someone said?
Elephant: ???
Killsterik: ???
Savahontas: first ever game

Help me friends.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Strong Mouse posted:

I am still here, though I guess I should try posting a bit more.

Yeah the key is just to post post post and not worry too much about analysing everything you say too far.

If you're town, you'll come across as honest and willing to help.

If you're scum, feel free to lurk and be awkward.

Captain Foo that is super rude. I like to know how experienced players are. Also i have never played a game of mafia in my life.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Thanks for answering my question chaoslorde!

I have a gut awkward reaction to chaos and Savahontas' conversation on this page. Reads like masons or scum trying to distance themselves.
I disagree with basically all of yuming's reads~

It seems pretty obvious that Elephants power has some correlation between saying a number a certain amount or luck or something. I take it some sort of numeromancer.

I hate numbers and maths so i'm gonna vote that guy ##vote Elephant

Also i can't tell how many posts people have made in this thread Radium!!! :argh:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Savahontas posted:

Do you, though?

Hi Sava how are you?

Are you and chaoslorde unconfirmed masons?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Captain Foo posted:

This isn't a good vote at this point bro

We still have over 24 hours, what is your point here?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Awww don't feel [no] :(

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Savahontas posted:

I wish I were a mason! Tell me what you think of yumming's scattershot lack of analysis, ol' pal?

okay make us masons Somber/mason recruiter.
yumming posts like this a lot, I think she has drawn conclusions i don't see but i don't find it scummy so far.

Captain Foo posted:

Seemed out of place now that we actually have real discussion going

Okay so i think what you're aiming at is "what post makes you feel elephant is scummy?" not "we don't have time to split the votes now!" which is how it came across to me.

I think it likely that some/all of us have some sort of posting/acting restriction in regards to our roles.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
PS this is me irl.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That big post above by chaoslord is one of the towniest posts i've ever read. I am not voting chaoslord today.

Elephant: I understand your stance but I disagree with it. Engaging with people in dialogue is fun, and the way to figure out their thought processes.

preview edit: :respek: sava

also i'm not voting for a nolynch on day1 that is the stupidest idea ever.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Strong Mouse posted:

Yeah, I really have no idea who to actually vote for. There are a lot of people, and I'm not great at getting reads on people.

But whatever. I will get you scum!

Strong Mouse please read yuming's posts by clicking on the ? under her profile, tell me what you glean from them.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Elephant posted:

On further review, and as Captain Foo just said, this probably isn't scum. I'm keeping my vote unless something better comes around, as "possible genius scum" is a better vote, in my opinion, than not voting at all.

Scumpost imo.

You're too scared to vote for someone because it'll mean you have to think up a reason to create a case, and keep your vote on someone that "probably isn't scum" as opposed to literally anyone else who is "maybe scum maybe not scum" is scummy thinking.

Let's lynch elephant friends.

##vote elephant

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
What you're missing is, unfortunately, the point of mafia.

do you think she sounds genuine or not?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
It's great and all we lynched a mafia but its kinda poo poo that the only person he mentions is yuming in one of his three posts and we have not much to go off today.
Sav: where do you think we should be looking today? I felt we were on the same wavelength yesterday but the shift from Elephant to scum tearshed has me rethinking.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hi friends I'm going to be uber busy at work over the next couple of days :(

I can see the point of the Killsterik vote re: awkward d1 lynch vote, i'd be comfortably voting him at deadline.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
For future reference what i'm musing on at the moment:

I believe that if Elephant is scum, then the 2nd-4th early votes onto tearshed are where a scum would get on, sacrificing a lurker teammate with a not as useful role to keep a possibly more useful role in the game.
If Elephant is town, the later votes on tearshed would be the bussing scum.

tearshed's indict ability would have potentially been useful, so it's hard to know at this stage.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

yuming posted:

Hi busb!

Do you have Ticket to Ride? :sun:

what are you talking about? Its rainy and i'm eating pork chipotle nachos this is the best.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Well I mean I know we don't know elephant's alignment which is why i didn't bother with the analysis any further. It's something to consider later when more flips have come out though.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Savahontas posted:

I was thinking it was just the flavor that was randomized.

your brain was randomised.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Elephant: You're wrong. Tearshed flipping scum is the only constant we have in this game to go off right now. If anything can be accurately determined it should be.

I'm not sure why you would be happy to say "That's really good analysis" considering it's only good analysis if you're scum. Are you scumclaiming?

Also missing from the voting is people abstaining from the vote altogether, a list which includes me i admit, but it's also quite likely that scum were not voting at all and hoping that the deadline would hit for a nolynch.

Somberbrero, can you please try to remember to paste a "Final Dayx votecount" before every flip? It really helps for going back to analyse votes.

People not voting for tearshed:
1) yuming
2) busb
3) savahontas
4) Chaoslord (not voting for anyone!)
5) Captain Foo
6) tearshed

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Tunnel visioning who?

I of course disagree because I've looked at Elephant, Kell and am keeping my mind open about what scum would do in the lynch scenario D1.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Captain Foo posted:

what

there's no charge to agree with, you are the first person to accuse busb of tunneling elephant

f_v has a case/vote on me i'm guessing that's what she's talking about.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
What are you talking about? I literally talked about all three permutations and haven't even landed on one.

1) scum sacrificing tearshed for being a lurker and getting on the vote early to save elephant
2) scum realising that tearshed was going to happen and hopped on late for the townie cred
3) scum getting blindsided and not voting at all while hoping for a nolynch

They are the three scenarios that are most likely.
Sava i think you're town but this is a fools errand. FV thinks i'm doing it just as a distraction, you think i'm tunneling.

i mean we can look at what we can regarding a flipped scum with no content, ie the votes around him, or just spend today as a second Day 1 and lynch someone else. I honestly don't mind, Day1 is the best day so what say you?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Sure, lets talk about tearshed.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
It's a pretty good case and opinion though, if i do say so myself.

Pretty sure yuming asked for an opinion on something and i gave it.

What would you like an opinion on? i have loads.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Captain Foo posted:

what's your take on yuming

calm and measured is trying very hard not to get emotionally drawn into a slapfight with Asiina and the fact she hasnt voted asiina means she reads townier than asiina in their exchange.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Kellsterik posted:

Alright, I figured I was pretty much dead in the water at this point, but as long as I have an opportunity to claim i'll take it.

Hey fyi this isn't what town sounds like when they roleclaim. Scum usually "take the opportunity" to fakeclaim because they work on them and are excited to use them. Town are "forced to claim" because they know it has a high chance of rendering them useless.

This reads like scum POV for claiming to me, happy to lynch ##vote Kellsterik.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Kellsterik posted:

Looking forward to being proved innocent posthumously, then.
##unvote

Who do you think is scum?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Juanito posted:

Yeah, I think you're right..

Juanito are you coasting scum? This kind of posting of yours rings a bell with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Oh ok.

• Locked thread