Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ugh I'm so busy but I love power roles so much....

Okay put me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Everyone is bad at mafia.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi busb I don't think I've ever been in a game with you.

##vote busb

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Trap Sprung!

##vote KingB

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Juanito posted:

Strong Mouse, the third vote on someone is always scum. How do you explain your vote on busb?

That was King B, who I tried to vote for but I think votefinder didn't take it?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Can we get a votefinder thing in the OP please mod?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Hello everyone I am confirming that I'm here with a power role. It is cool + good. I have a game with a deadline tonight and ~fencing practice~ so I probably won't be back until late tonight or tomorrow during work okay bye.

PS Don't lynch the newbie day 1 that would make me very sad

It's not your first game, you are no longer a newbie.

##vote chaoslord

Welcome to real mafia.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh I thought you were talking about yourself.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No lynch is stupid. Let's not do that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Everything I post is substantial. ;)

I totally forgot Asiina was in this game. Where are you Asiina? Do you think Juanito is scum?

Not really, no. I also don't think fv's case is that strong.

I do like chaoslord's defense of himself though.

##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Savahontas posted:

I would be OK voting for Asiina, mostly because he's mostly lurking with only 2 content posts... both of which mostly echo the consensus (fv has a bad case, chaoslord is town).

How are either of these things consensus?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Elephant posted:

Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

Yeah it's called bussing and it's not at all an unusual thing to do.

However the fact you even used this as an excuse makes me pause. I would imagine if you were scum then your scum buddies would have told you this and you wouldn't have tried to pass this off as a reason, because honestly you just described the thing scum do most often to distance from each other.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Savahontas posted:

What do you mean? No one likes fv's case. Some people are even voting him.

All you wrote was "I don't think it's that strong."

That reads to me like you're trying to fly under the radar but still post vague content.

One person is voting for fv now, which is after I made my post, so what exactly is your point here? Also not everyone thinks it's weak. KB seems to think that fv looks better than Foo.

And I don't think her case is strong. I think it is a weak case. However it's D1 in a slow game so I don't think that having a weak case necessarily equals scum in and of itself.

I don't like the way that yuming has dropped a vote on me for being "antsy" but has said absolutely nothing since. I also think tearshed should post having posted twice since D1 started.

Call it OMGUS if you want, but I'm feeling fine with this ##vote yuming

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

You think she's scummier than elephant?

Yeah, if it's between them I'd rather vote fv.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm feeling nothing scummy from Strong Mouse at all.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
S'up

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I agree. That is a super weird post you just made Juanito.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Isn't that what usually happens? People joke all the time about how if you survive the Day 1 lynch after being a vote leader you're basically immune until the end game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Multi-day plans almost never go through in my experience, until you're at the end game and setting up for the final group of lynches to win while using night results and power roles from the rest of the game to guide you. It's pretty rare for them to be suggested before that though, since it's an inherently scummy thing to do, so it's not something I often see early at all, nevermind when it doesn't happen.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Juanito posted:

Are you kidding? The reason I survive in most games is because scum usually won't nightkill me, and they can try to get me lynched every day, so I get to spend the day flailing around, but hey if another target shows up, fine. They can just push me again the next day.

I'm not sure how this is refuting my point? I'm saying exactly what you're talking about. If you say "okay we'll kill this person today and then the other person tomorrow" then a lot of the time unless someone is tunneling hard the next day's lynch isn't just simply what was suggested the day before. And why should it be when you now have the flip and night actions to consider? That's why it's scummy and people shouldn't really suggest chain lynches in the first place.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Juanito posted:

I consider it an honor every time it happens :smugdog:

I was so flattered the first time I was NK'd :blush:

quote:

Yeah, I sorta get it. I don't really think.. he'll probably be the distraction/target the next day if he doesn't die today is a chain lynch. But it's semantics. I consider a chain lynch to be more when you say, if Asiina flips <alignment>, then Foo is definitely scum!

Yeah, I suppose that's more technically what a chain lynch is, but I am wary of anything that sets up a definite order for the next day because who knows what will happen with the flip and night. It's especially true of this game where everyone has a power role. I imagine the landscape will change considerably after each night cycle.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think we're making the same point?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm gone for a while but will be back in a bit and I should be here at deadline. I'd vote Elephant to prevent a no lynch, but only at deadline cause I'm not convinced.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kellsterik posted:

Even goons usually have options on Friday night other than F5ing a mafia thread.

I'll be here

:negative:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Although you could be making that last clause up and it could be a scum role.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Dunno, I think a scum with a vig every time they hammer might be overpowered.

Hmm, that's is true. I think it'd get pretty obvious if you hammer every time though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm down with that if there are no other options.

##vote tearshed

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah these roles are great. Tearshed's role cracked me up considering he got lynched for being a lurker.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't see Kellsterik's throwaway line with the deadline turbo to be any worse than any of the others.

But the post trying to explain away the nightkill doesn't make sense to me at all.

Revenge kill for their super active scumbro tearshed? KB would have gained a lot of town cred for starting that train, so that could be a reason to kill him, but that's not revenge.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

What point are you trying to make here?

Is Kell scum, if not, who is? Vote someone.

lol

The day just opened and you are the only one who's voted. What are you hassling me for and not any of the other people who had an issue with that post but didn't vote based on it.

Nice selective engagement.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Please explain why my comment is scummy and nobody else who commented on that post is worthy of mentioning.

Meanwhile you voted for me immediately as the game started, but then decide it's real because making a joke vote during jokephase was being "antsy" and voting too fast out of the gate, a thing that you did.

yuming posted:

The antsy feeling here: "I need to vote vote a thing!" Is the best tell I see.

My vote is a real vote now ##vote Asiina

yuming posted:

There is ~something~ I don't like about this post.

The logic behind Asiina's opinion is poor.

Elephant describes bussing, which Asiina uses as evidence that Elephant isn't scum because if he were scum his teammates would've made him aware of the use of it as a TACTIC and then he wouldn't've used it sarcastically as a defense. This is just too convoluted a train of thought for me to really buy. I think it looks like Asiina is searching for something to contribute that is unique, which I find scummy.

I will concede this point though because I thought Elephant was new based on the fact that he dismissed distancing as outside the realm of possibility for scum (and that I had never seen him before). I only just realized he's not new at all and I can see everyone's point against that comment now.

However, I still think your posts look bad yuming.

You say this when day opens when you had no part of the tearshed lynch. While obviously I don't fault you for going to bed and missing the deadline turbo, this reaction just reads at LAMIST to me.

yuming posted:

Even though roles were randomized for alignment I don't think this fits in with a scumteam with tearshed's role.

As mentioned, this sentence makes no sense.

Then finally you say this which I think says it all.

yuming posted:

I would like more people to look at Asiina. She's my ~very own~ read.

You have focused on pointing out you've come up with an original read rather than one you necessarily think is accurate. If you actually cared about scumhunting you wouldn't care if it was a total original idea or not. This game is not who had the idea first. I guarantee that you will find everything I do scummy because you have already decided to do so.

##vote yuming

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

I think Asiina's pov is too clouded to make a real read on me. The reverse is also true, so based on Sav's comments and ~bias~ I'm going to leave this be for now.

I think this is mostly true, honestly. A lot what was pinging me about you was the fact that you seemed to have your mind made up about me, which I was for sure was because of non-game reasons. I think there's definitely a possibility here that we are clouded by recent events that we're both going to find all actions by the other as scummy. As such, I'll also leave it alone for a while.

What I was trying to say is that I thought that Kell's "revenge" post was scummy but not damning and wanted to hear more from him, especially since I didn't see too much of an issue with what he said when voting.

Captain Foo posted:

i now see what yuming was saying here:

asiina, case someone other than yuming, i want to see what you've got

Okay, I'll go back to my Day 1 read on fv and expand it.

She starts out by grilling a lot of people and asking a lot of questions without providing any opinions herself.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What's with the obsession about number 13?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why vote chaoslord and not Juanito, who did the same thing?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why could you see yourself voting for him in future? Has he done anything today to make you think he is scum? If so, what?

The first doesn't really add to the conversation, the second was an obvious jokevote by Juanito (which I'll return to in a minute), and the third could be seen as trying to generate content, but isn't really useful without saying things yourself.

She said it was because she was busy in her other game and died, while again asking questions I think are unnecessary

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm here now, I died in my other game. I dont like this response to Sava pushing you to provide opinions on other players. So you've called me out for not posting much, ok. What is that adding to the discussion?

I also totally disagree with your read on Foo, to me his posting looks like someone trying to throw shade on other's while keeping his hands clean. I'll post some examples in a bit, as he is my strongest scum lean at the moment.

What about anyone else playing the game? Why only mention us two?

Calling someone out for lurking is not a unreasonable thing to do and doesn't need to come with a huge explanation, and not mentioning every single player in a post is also not an unusual thing to do.

Again this is fv asking a whole bunch of questions while providing no thoughts herself.

Then she comes back with her case on Foo which has been gone over by several people already, so I'll say once again that it doesn't seem sincere. Getting on someone for changing their mind with new posts makes no sense to me. She plays it off later saying that it was all about Foo getting on chaoslord's case instead of Juanito, but that doesn't address her assertion that the vote and unvote was scummy to her. It doesn't follow.

Her reaction to Elephant's claim and vote on tearshed seemed to be going with the flow. I wouldn't consider that sequence of posts damning or townie either, but then when she finally comes back today it's back to asking one line questions without offering anything of her own.

fv's posts read to me as someone who is looking like they are trying to generate content without saying anything that she might have to defend later. The only exception is the Foo case which felt like reaching. Also, and this is way down the list of reasons I think fv is scummy, but I don't know her to lurk like this. She's usually much more active and interested in solving the game from my experience.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

anyway that's a bunch of mafia spergery on my part but i think asiina looks especially bad. There were other options, she could have hammered elephant, so she's deliberately trying to mislead with that comment. FV looks similar, but maybe she's thinking like yuming that the mod modified the random roles. that is something i do not believe.

I was unsure of the tearshed vote. It was a Day 1 deadline turbo on someone who had only posted twice. That's not exactly the most iron clad of cases. Also remember that I was never wild about the Elephant lynch in the first place, so I wouldn't have hammered Elephant. So yeah, I hedged because I felt that it was a very risky vote but better than a no lynch which we might have had since there weren't a lot of people there in the middle of the night on a Friday.

Also I especially wouldn't have hammered Elephant after the claim because full disclosure, I had forgotten that roles were randomized. :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So FYI I will be around tomorrow morning and then away tomorrow evening and most of Tuesday. I'll try to read and phone post, but no guarantees. I'll definitely be around at least a day before next deadline though.

So no "omg asiina stopped posting, 100% scum!"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm back home now.

Also I am not entirely sure that my action last night wouldn't have given Kell a result to see. It's iffy, but I definitely got a result indicating I was successful.

I guess it would depend what "etc" refers to since I am not a cop or a watcher.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I definitely meant to unvote yuming in my big effortpost the other day. Sorry, I thought I did.

##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry I've been neglecting this game since I got back. I will reread and vote for someone after dinner. Should still be time before deadline.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Strong Mouse posted:

I think Kell is probably scum, I really think fv is scum, and I still think elephant may be scum.

This is basically a summary of my thought processes after reading the thread.

I still think that fv isn't giving her honest effort here and her posts don't read sincere.

I think that Kell has made scummy posts throughout the day and I think is our best bet.

##vote Kell

I am also not convinced by this post at all

Kellsterik posted:

Looking forward to being proved innocent posthumously, then.

I have seen this post so many times before from both scum and town. I'm surprised it swayed anyone, since it's a total null tell for me.

I am revising my position on Elephant from Day 1 because I was giving him a lot of slack since I thought he was new and I had forgotten about the roles being randomized clause. With that in mind I can absolutely see the scum case others have developed.

Some brief thoughts on other people since deadline is approaching and I don't want to spend forever writing this post: I think Foo's effort has been genuine. I think Juanito is lurking a fair amount. He's definitely not someone high on my scum list, but I'm not convinced he's town either. I'm getting a good town vibe on Strong Mouse, Sav, and yuming now. Chaos and busb are fairly null reads for me as well.

I can go into more detail on any of these, but I know we're running out of time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's -1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh, also with the subject of roles and claims, the standard practice of claiming just before you are lynched is almost pointless here since it gives nobody anything useful to go on. Scum can freely claim their role because it doesn't mean anything.

It's definitely a mechanic that I'm not used to and having to basically completely discard someone's claim from your decision making on whether they are scummy or not is difficult.

Presumably the only way I see that a claim could be useful is if someone cannot account for a verifiable action on a night where they performed the nightkill. So like they said they targeted these people on these nights but someone who has a watcher or tracker type role contradicts that. So I think targets are more important to mention than your actual role.

This of course is assuming that this game works like it usually does and you cannot perform the nightkill and any night action you might have on the same night.

• Locked thread