Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##vote busb

Show a little respect for the newbs

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Juanito posted:

Dang that's old

why are people voting poor busb?

Protecting your scum buddy?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Wow, I am pretty awesome at this game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Juanito posted:

No u

at least it got king Burgundy posting

Have you met KB before? He posts heaps.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

I feel like there is an inordinate strayan representation in mafia nowadays.

Dare we enter... the thunderdome?

I am seriously going to run Australian Mafia. I have all the flavour worked out, now I just have to come up with a fun game design.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Elephant posted:

Sorry, but you should have known better than to sit down at this table as number 13.

What's with the obsession about number 13?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

Oh, I didn't see this, you're either TT in disguise or scum, either way ##vote chaoslorde

Why vote chaoslord and not Juanito, who did the same thing?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

chaoslord posted:

I accept this offer of friendship.

It is his first game so I won't vote him today but I could see myself voting for him on a future day for sure.

Why could you see yourself voting for him in future? Has he done anything today to make you think he is scum? If so, what?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Elephant posted:

Okay. fiery_valkyrie hasn't posted since the 13th, and has nothing to his or her post history. Captain foo rarely posts more than one line, but every line is important.

I'm here now, I died in my other game. I dont like this response to Sava pushing you to provide opinions on other players. So you've called me out for not posting much, ok. What is that adding to the discussion?

I also totally disagree with your read on Foo, to me his posting looks like someone trying to throw shade on other's while keeping his hands clean. I'll post some examples in a bit, as he is my strongest scum lean at the moment.

What about anyone else playing the game? Why only mention us two?

Elephant posted:

On further review, and as Captain Foo just said, this probably isn't scum. I'm keeping my vote unless something better comes around, as "possible genius scum" is a better vote, in my opinion, than not voting at all.

And as other's have said, this is really terrible. We're not close to deadline, so there is no risk of a no-lynch and leaving your vote on someone you think is town just gives scum a chance to build up some vote momentum on that person. That's really scummy to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I feel that Foo is trying to push easy votes without putting much substance, or opinion behind his votes.

First he votes a newbie, with no reason given

Captain Foo posted:

Right, now that we've got that established, ##vote kellsterik

And then jumps straight onto another newer player, even though Juanito had also voted for a no-lynch.

Captain Foo posted:

Oh, I didn't see this, you're either TT in disguise or scum, either way ##vote chaoslorde

He then makes a series of snipey posts at chaoslord

Captain Foo posted:

Pointing out there is no content doesn't really help the situation hoss

Captain Foo posted:

Lookit u running scared

And then he unvotes chaoslord when the guy defends himself.

##vote Foo

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

Kell vote mostly joke vote, but never a bad idea to see how a new player responds.
Chaos lord surprised me with a scummy position right after that, so moving to a vote that was more substantial was obviously a good move.

And yes, I thought chaos lord was scummy so I kept up pressure to see what would happen, and then he acquitted himself to my satisfaction, so I took my vote off.

You thought chaoslord was scummy because he voted for a no lynch and you wanted to put some pressure on him, I can understand that. The bit that seems really hypocritical to me is that Juanito did the same thing and you just let it slide by with a joke.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Elephant posted:

Yes I called out one of my scum buddies for lurking and joke voted the other on day one.

On a less ridiculous note, Asiina, Kellsterik, King Burgundy, Strong Mouse (the newbie, right?), and Tearshed haven't posted anything substantial yet. The deadline's in 12 hours.

I'm phone posting, so excuse my lack of effort, but reviewing over the thread I don't like Savahontas changing his vote 4 times in half as many days. He also hasn't posted much in the way of solid content, at least as far as what I saw. And other than his vote on yuming I think all of those votes were the same people busb voted. The last vote on me in particular he basically just quoted busb for his reasoning. ##unvote ##vote Savahontas

I don't get this vote. You call out a bunch of lurkers and then vote Sav for not posting much solid content. How is Sav different to the other 5 people who likewise haven't posted much in the way of content?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Savahontas posted:

only vaguely relevant: I am a lady.

Me too.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

It's not my fault that fvs case is flimsy and showed up right after she got called out for not posting, like "oops I better throw together a case"

I posted on Friday night after I got home from work, the very first occasion I had time to go through the thread. Your interpretation of that as being "right after" is rubbish.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

juanito did it during jokephase and so i didn't really think much of it but chaoslorde agreed with it earnestly so i thought that was a scummy play. looking back now i read it as chaoslorde making a newbie error

I took Juanito's vote as serious, especially since he sat on it for so long but yeah, I can see how you thought it was just a joke phase thing. I just took it as hypocritical that you'd push a newbie for doing it and ignore an experienced player for the same, which is what bugged me.

##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Juanito posted:

Ok. I don't really want a lurker lynch.. but I don't really like the case on Elephant.

I'd mostly like to vote Strong Mouse, but I know we have to give him a chance. :sigh:

Juanito posted:

Yeah, it really is, heh. He's the easiest target, but I know he's not a good target.

Juanito I'm confused by these two posts. Do you thing Strong Mouse is scum or not?

Your first post says you want to vote him, but then you agree with Foo that he seems like a D1 newbie and say that he's not a good target. I'm confused by your opinion.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Who is going to be around for deadline? Seems like a lot of people said they won't be.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

That doesn't sound like it would be a scum role, since the point of being scum is to kill town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dunno, I think a scum with a vig every time they hammer might be overpowered.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I don't see the lynch on anyone else happening.

##vote tearshed

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Great D1.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, really liking the roles Somber.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kellsterik posted:

I'm a jokester. I love to laugh.

Kell, yesterday you were really convinced that Elephant was scum. What is your opinion today?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Just going to address this separately

Asiina posted:

Also, and this is way down the list of reasons I think fv is scummy, but I don't know her to lurk like this. She's usually much more active and interested in solving the game from my experience.

So when I'm not around its part of why I'm scummy, and not because i've had the flu/been busy at work/thread was closed on the weekend when I have the most time to post, but when you do it....

Asiina posted:

So FYI I will be around tomorrow morning and then away tomorrow evening and most of Tuesday. I'll try to read and phone post, but no guarantees. I'll definitely be around at least a day before next deadline though.

So no "omg asiina stopped posting, 100% scum!"

:colbert:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

Elephant: You're wrong. Tearshed flipping scum is the only constant we have in this game to go off right now. If anything can be accurately determined it should be.

I'm not sure why you would be happy to say "That's really good analysis" considering it's only good analysis if you're scum. Are you scumclaiming?

Also missing from the voting is people abstaining from the vote altogether, a list which includes me i admit, but it's also quite likely that scum were not voting at all and hoping that the deadline would hit for a nolynch.

Somberbrero, can you please try to remember to paste a "Final Dayx votecount" before every flip? It really helps for going back to analyse votes.

People not voting for tearshed:
1) yuming
2) busb
3) savahontas
4) Chaoslord (not voting for anyone!)
5) Captain Foo
6) tearshed

I dont like this post from busb. I feel like this post is setting us up to only really look at the people not on the vote, when I'm not sure its possible to say definitively that scum were/weren't voting for tearshed.

I also think this, and his post about whether scum would vote their buddy early/late are more distraction than actual discussion.

##vote busb

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Okay, I'll go back to my Day 1 read on fv and expand it.

She starts out by grilling a lot of people and asking a lot of questions without providing any opinions herself.

The first doesn't really add to the conversation, the second was an obvious jokevote by Juanito (which I'll return to in a minute), and the third could be seen as trying to generate content, but isn't really useful without saying things yourself.

She said it was because she was busy in her other game and died, while again asking questions I think are unnecessary

You might think the questions are unnecessary, but that doesn't mean I do. What you're saying here is that I'm not allowed to ask a question of someone if I want to understand their thoughts further just because you think you already know the answer.

I also disagree with your comment that the vote by Juanito was an obvious jokevote. I didn't read it as such, I thought it was serious. I dont think I'm the only person either as someone else responded that it was a stupid idea. Thats also why I didn't react badly to chaoslord agreeing with it, and why it stood out to me as bad that Foo would pressure the newbie for doing the same thing a more experienced player did.

Asiina posted:

Calling someone out for lurking is not a unreasonable thing to do and doesn't need to come with a huge explanation, and not mentioning every single player in a post is also not an unusual thing to do.

Dont understand this part. I never mentioned anything about not mentioning every single player.

Asiina posted:

Again this is fv asking a whole bunch of questions while providing no thoughts herself.

Then she comes back with her case on Foo which has been gone over by several people already, so I'll say once again that it doesn't seem sincere. Getting on someone for changing their mind with new posts makes no sense to me. She plays it off later saying that it was all about Foo getting on chaoslord's case instead of Juanito, but that doesn't address her assertion that the vote and unvote was scummy to her. It doesn't follow.

Why doesn't my case seem sincere? Foo looked like he was pressuring a newbie for doing the same as Juanito did. It's much easier to make a newbie look scummy than an experienced player which is why I thought his choosing chaoslord over Juanito was scummy, and his unvote looked like he was moving off a target that wasn't as easy as he thought. Keep in mind that my read was based on believing Juanito was serious. It wasn't until Foo said he thought that Juanito's vote was a jokevote that the possibility even crossed my mind.

Asiina posted:

Her reaction to Elephant's claim and vote on tearshed seemed to be going with the flow. I wouldn't consider that sequence of posts damning or townie either, but then when she finally comes back today it's back to asking one line questions without offering anything of her own.

fv's posts read to me as someone who is looking like they are trying to generate content without saying anything that she might have to defend later. The only exception is the Foo case which felt like reaching. Also, and this is way down the list of reasons I think fv is scummy, but I don't know her to lurk like this. She's usually much more active and interested in solving the game from my experience.

All of my posts so far today have been phone posting at work. I agree they haven't been very detailed.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Elephant posted:

This is a really good analysis. It's pretty dumb to write anyone off as scum, even if they claim.

I'm also not sure if worrying about the voting at the end of the first day is the best direction to be taking. We hit scum, that's fantastic- going back and forth about bussing and WIFOM is counter productive.

If I get some time in the next 24 hours I plan to read over the entire thread again and point out what I think is suspicious.

I agree with this train of thought.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kellsterik posted:

I hereby apologize for being grumpy and bitchy. I just had a nice dinner and i'm ready to contribute.

If you mean my opinion on Elephant, the claim convinced me that he was town. I think that role is plausible and I believe that's his actual one. I was initially convinced because I read the voting based on 13 thing, thought "that's not a real-sounding reason", and interpreted future posts having already made up my mind. The claim was more convincing evidence for town.

For Day 2, I think a good start would be looking at how other posters talked about tearshed on Day 1 and who did or didn't mention him before the final vote rush, since there are so few posts from the actual person.

I dont like this defense of your vote on Elephant on D1. You were really invested in that vote (you called it the hill you were prepared to die on). Either you were faking just how convinced you were of your Elephant vote or you're faking about how convincing you find the claim.

I would also vote Kell.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

How so? Busb is posting distractions not opinions.

And I'm sorry that we can't have any conversation today that isn't about Elephant or Kell. Let's just lynch one of them now and not talk about anything else....

Captain Foo posted:

As of now we should either lynch kells because IMO he has looked v bad today

Or

Lynch elephant because he looked bad yesterday, not looking great today, and most of the analysis we have so far looks based on his flip

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

We have 2 days to deadline, we can discuss something other than those 2 players for a bit. Some other content might help down the road.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Kell

-1 now.

I won't be back before deadline.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Oh wait, I thought deadline was today.

##unvote for more discussion if needed.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm still suspicious of busb.

##vote busb

I'll write my case up in more detail when I get home.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Based on the posts from yuming, I think Asiina is town. Yuming spends a lot of time pushing Asiina, eg from D1

yuming posted:

Wait he doesn't mean him! I still think he sounds more town than not.

I don't like the way Asiina jumped to correct him. Looks antsy.

yuming posted:

The antsy feeling here: "I need to vote vote a thing!" Is the best tell I see.

My vote is a real vote now ##vote Asiina

yuming posted:

I do not care about the semantic difference between to distance and to bus, though I do recognize it.

I would like more people to look at Asiina. She's my ~very own~ read. In the meantime I have caught up and I'm going to start skimming from the beginning of the game again to see if there's anything else worth commenting on.

My preference is Asiina >> Elephant.

I don't see fv's case on Foo but it doesn't come across as a scum-case to me, either.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yuming on chaoslord

yuming posted:

This post feels town to me.

Specifically the "please don't lynch me I'm a new player~" because chaos sounds legit in his excitement about the game.

yuming posted:

Such a town!

yuming posted:

Do people still think this guy is scum? He is not a scum this post is sincere ~I just know it~

I think it is worth a look in more detail at chaos. This and the Asiina posts are really the only things that stood out in yuming's posts for me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Claim aside, I still think busb is suspicious.

D1 he talks about Sav and chaos possibly being masons, and the rolefishing aspect of it seems quite scummy.

busb posted:

Thanks for answering my question chaoslorde!

I have a gut awkward reaction to chaos and Savahontas' conversation on this page. Reads like masons or scum trying to distance themselves.
I disagree with basically all of yuming's reads~

busb posted:

Hi Sava how are you?

Are you and chaoslorde unconfirmed masons?

D2 he spends a lot of time talking about hypothetical scenarios on if/when scum would vote for tearshed. Even though he acknowledges that they are not really of much use, he continues to do so

busb posted:

For future reference what i'm musing on at the moment:

I believe that if Elephant is scum, then the 2nd-4th early votes onto tearshed are where a scum would get on, sacrificing a lurker teammate with a not as useful role to keep a possibly more useful role in the game.
If Elephant is town, the later votes on tearshed would be the bussing scum.

tearshed's indict ability would have potentially been useful, so it's hard to know at this stage.

busb posted:

Well I mean I know we don't know elephant's alignment which is why i didn't bother with the analysis any further. It's something to consider later when more flips have come out though.

busb posted:

Elephant: You're wrong. Tearshed flipping scum is the only constant we have in this game to go off right now. If anything can be accurately determined it should be.

I'm not sure why you would be happy to say "That's really good analysis" considering it's only good analysis if you're scum. Are you scumclaiming?

Also missing from the voting is people abstaining from the vote altogether, a list which includes me i admit, but it's also quite likely that scum were not voting at all and hoping that the deadline would hit for a nolynch.

Somberbrero, can you please try to remember to paste a "Final Dayx votecount" before every flip? It really helps for going back to analyse votes.

People not voting for tearshed:
1) yuming
2) busb
3) savahontas
4) Chaoslord (not voting for anyone!)
5) Captain Foo
6) tearshed

busb posted:

What are you talking about? I literally talked about all three permutations and haven't even landed on one.

1) scum sacrificing tearshed for being a lurker and getting on the vote early to save elephant
2) scum realising that tearshed was going to happen and hopped on late for the townie cred
3) scum getting blindsided and not voting at all while hoping for a nolynch

They are the three scenarios that are most likely.
Sava i think you're town but this is a fools errand. FV thinks i'm doing it just as a distraction, you think i'm tunneling.

i mean we can look at what we can regarding a flipped scum with no content, ie the votes around him, or just spend today as a second Day 1 and lynch someone else. I honestly don't mind, Day1 is the best day so what say you?

Most of the rest of his posts on D2 are pushing for the Kell lynch. I dont like that the vote analysis posts add a lot of distraction to the thread and contribute nothing to scum hunting.

Lastly there is his cop claim. Since we know from Somber that scum could be a cop, his deciding not to use his ability means he doesn't have to confirm players as town, which is something scum would want to avoid doing.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Yuming on chaoslord

I think it is worth a look in more detail at chaos. This and the Asiina posts are really the only things that stood out in yuming's posts for me.

I re-read chaos and didn't see anything I thought was scummy. I think he's town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

okay pieces of the puzzle that I put together in various orders:

=> yuming spends most of d1 AND d2 trying to get asiina lynched, only falling onto elephant when it seems likely that's the direction things will go. d2 rolls around and she tries to deflect people away from elephant, strongly relying on the claim - which we've so far conceded but not proven to be true - and that the mod would have balanced that role away from scum. That's pretty thin.

=> i was strongly suspicious of elephant D1 for reasons I've already been over, and his last post was three days ago trying to dissuade people from analyzing the D1 votes - as already pointed out, the votes were easily the biggest thing for us to go on at that point in the game

=> chaoslorde hasn't done anything to seem at all scummy since his effort post where I - and I think most of us - conceded he was town.

=> strong mouse has basically seemed like a first-game player, and I'm still not willing to call him scum

=> fv is still scummy but atm i think elephant is worse given yuming's attempt to deflect attention off of him

finally

=> i believe busb's claim right here. It's a clearing investigation claim; doesn't throw anyone under the bus. Also, in a 13p game I'd expect 3-scum, so it doesn't make sense for him to try to cover a fellow scum (because there isn't one), and the claim does sounds like earnestly disheartened town. also his first post on d2 is talking to sav for w/e that's worth

I agree with most of this. I also believe busb's claim, but I think it is possible to have as scum and he's now publicly said he cant/wont use his role so there is no expectation on him to provide his results. It's a great out if he is scum.

I'd prefer to lynch busb, but I'll switch to Elephant if no one else is seeing what I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Strong Mouse posted:

Going through her posting, she keeps jumping on people who everybody else is already pointed at, and her reasons are usually fairly weak.

Can you expand on this Strong Mouse? I disagree with this assesment, especially your point that I'm jumping on people that other's are. Also, why do you think my reasons are weak, can you point out some specific details?

• Locked thread