Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Season One Thread ɤ Season Two Thread

Welcome to the third season of the Game of Roto auction league. It's a free 12 team 2 keeper league run on ESPN. Keepers are last auctions cost plus $5. Keeper selections will lock and be made public on Sunday August 31st, 8 PM eastern.

Draft is tentatively set for Wednesday September 3rd, 9:00 pm eastern.

Standard rosters, no kicker - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1DEF, 7 bench. With standard scoring plus .5 PPR. This season I am going to require GoT themed names. It's just too weird to see like 90% of the teams fit a theme then a couple random dudes. Also, no book spoilers. TV stuff only.

Our reigning champion is We Do Not Suh (Sataere) who beat You Know Nothing Dwayne Bowe (flax) in the finals by a two-week score of 227.7-176.5.

Hallyne's Wildfire(me) took 3rd place by beating Doug R. R. Martin(rikatix) in the consolation finals.

Teams:
1. nerve (Hallyne's Wildfire)
2. flax (You Know Nothing Dwayne Bowe)
3. Oh Snapple! (An Unleashing of Dragons)
4. Sataere (We Do Not Suh)
5. uublog (The Raineys of Castamere)
6. rikatix (Doug R.R. Martin)
7. Fight Club Sandwich (The Bear and the Peyton Fair)
8. Spoenk (House Boldin)
9. TheSean (Bronny Football)
10. It's Miller Time (House Mormont Bears)
11. NowonSA (Lannister Golden Lions)
12. rrrrrrrrrrrt (The Iron Rice)

Wait List:
1. OxySnake

nerve fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Too late I put your name down you have to play now. :mcnabb:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Nybble posted:

I'm out.

Aw bummer! You were the first person to join when I started the league. Hate to see you go!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Sataere posted:

So what is up with people dropping and adding players on August 11th?

That's when the league reopened

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Those players were free agents not on the waiver wire.

Also, this is looking pretty grim as far as folks returning from last season.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Sataere posted:

What is the difference? Were those players drafted by those teams and on those rosters when the season ended?

I'm confused what the issue you're having is? Can you just be clearer about it?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
This happens in every fantasy league I've ever been in. Those two players were dropped last season (injuries) so at the beginning of this season they were free agents. Rosters are open, which means you can drop and add players. These two (one was me, I grabbed Foster) players can be kept for their auction value from last season, plus $5 just like every other player. They were bothy taken for quite a bit in the auction so I doubt either will be kept, but it's just part of strategy.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

5436 posted:

Can I get in?

Yeah for sure. What's your email? Can PM if you have plat.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

5436 posted:

PM!

Wait...is this a free league?

Yes.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The league has been reopened for over a week now, so if teams haven't been claimed they are up for grab by anyone else on the forum.

New people: if you want to join, post what team you want to take over. I must have waited too long to restart the league this season, because there are 5 teams available. Play football with us.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

RCarr posted:

I've never heard of anything like this. Seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to allow. Is this an auction only league thing?

This is how literally every fantasy league I've played in has worked. It's seriously weirding me out that it's new to people.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Spoeank posted:

I'll play. I'm trying to decide between Demaryius Targaryen or House Boldin--"Our routes are sharp."

How do we decide what team we are taking over? Random lottery? First come first serve?

First come first serve. Click the logo in the op to see the league

Or this

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=835000

nerve fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 20, 2014

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Sounds good. Anyone that wants in needs to leave their email or pm it to me.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Cool. Lannister Golden Lions, House Mormont Bears, and A Feast For Tebows are the available teams as of now.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Email?

Fight Club Sandwich and Spoenk are you getting the invite email? Accept!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Great! Just need one more.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Invited! Just need you and Miller Time to accept your invites and we are good to go for the auction on September 3rd.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I encourage you to rename your team!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Now that the league is full and everyone has joined their team, it's a good time to post a reminder that the deadline to select your keepers is 8PM ET on Sunday, August 31.

The cost to keep a player is $5 plus the value they were drafted at last season. You can find a draft recap from last season here

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/draftrecap?leagueId=835000

If a player was undrafted, and was picked up off waivers or free agency they are given a value of $1, therefore it would be $6 to keep them.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

How do the keepers work with free agents? Can I take a free agent and keep him? Is that kosher?

Yep

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
You Know Nothing Dwayne Bowe was James Starks of Winterfell in the first season. It's a great name.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
That's right except there is no position limit

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Same. I am settling for Peyton at $21 and Adrian at $42.

:bigtran:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Its Miller Time posted:

^Is that including the +$5?

I'm keeping Julius Thomas for now $7 and Matt Ryan for now $13. Being able to lock up my starting QB/TE positions pre-draft for $20 is great.

That's including the $5.

Its Miller Time posted:

What is up with this poo poo:

Wed, Aug 27
5:14 AM Transaction
Add/Drop LANN dropped Jason Snelling, Atl RB to Waivers
LANN added Doug Martin, TB RB from Free Agency to Bench LANN Roster

Mon, Aug 11
9:25 PM Transaction
Add/Drop FIRE dropped Coby Fleener, Ind TE to Waivers
FIRE added Arian Foster, Hou RB from Free Agency to Bench FIRE Roster

Mon, Aug 11
9:24 PM Transaction
Add/Drop YKND dropped Zach Ertz, Phi TE to Waivers
YKND added Rob Gronkowski, NE TE from Free Agency to Bench YKND Roster

Someone brought this up early in the thread. It's how the league is set up, and how every ESPN league I've ever played in works.

2013 season ends. Any player that was not on a roster becomes a Free Agent. When the league opens for 2014 those FA players are able to be added to a roster. So last season Gronk, Martin, and Foster all got dropped because they were injured. Some people went dumpster diving in the FA pool and decided to pick them up. The keeper cost for them is the same as any other player, last seasons draft value + $5. Foster went for $67 last season, Martin $36, and Gronk $19.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Can someone tell me I'm not crazy? Am I the only one that plays in ESPN leagues? I didn't even know this was something someone would have a problem with, or I would have put it up to league vote. This is seriously how I've always done it.

If it's going to be an issue we need to address it now, before the draft. Speak up people.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I've always thought of it as just another part of the game. You check to see who got dropped that everyone might have forgotten about.

There are two big issues though that I can totally understand:

1. The second the league opens the players are available to be claimed. That gives the LM (me) and anyone that is sitting at their e-mail an advantage.

2. Anyone who was added to the league late as replacements (a lot of people this year) are at a disadvantage.

So I'm all for dropping those 4 players back into the pool and locking FA until after the draft. I'd like to hear some more from other people though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Alright, let's shelve this conversation for now and readdress it next offseason. We can talk about adding an IR slot too, because no we do not have one.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
:siren: Draft tonight :siren:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Spoeank posted:

Last minute emergency looks like I'll be auto drafting :(

Sorry to hear that! Hope everyone is ok.

~40 minutes!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Spoeank posted:

Wow I'm not as mad as I thought I would be about the draft. I must have warged the auto draft hard (that's a nerdy-rear end sentence).

And everything's okay thanks nerve :)

Your team is really good dude! You got lucky.

Great draft everyone, 11 people showed up and if not for an emergency we would have had 12/12. That's a pretty dope start.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
That's sooo good. You rule.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

OrangeKing posted:

On the subject of Game of Thrones-themed team names, I had a team in one league that I was calling Tommen's Cats. It took me several days to change to the far superior Ser Pouncey.

This is quality stuff

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Well I'm clearly being let down by a couple of the no-brainer studs on my roster. Someone's gotta step the gently caress up.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
AD beats his kid and AJ Green is hurt in the first quarter

good week for me

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
My team...my poor poor team.

It is in shambles.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Ah, the ol' outscore almost everyone in the league, except the person you're playing (and one other dude)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
idk man it's whatever the default ESPN settings are, I didn't change anything.

Next off season we are going to change the way Free Agent keepers work.

Once the leagues starts back up after the offseason and is confirmed full of active owners (July) there will be a FA draft. As of now I'm thinking about just assigning every team a number and using a RNG, but if someone has an idea that fits better with the auction ethos, I'm open to it.

Basically in the draft you can select any free agent to be added to your team, and then you can keep them for last years auction price plus $5. If they weren't drafted, you can keep them for $5. That applies to rookies too.

That's my idea at least. I'd be totally down for feedback, and open to changing anything if someone has a better idea.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I'm points leader but at 6-6 and need help to get into the playoffs :waycool:

Ah, and such is fantasy. So aggravating

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I like that only 4 teams make the playoffs in a 12 team league, but we can talk about moving it to 6 next season if people want.

Speaking of, grats to our four playoff teams! And I missed them for the first time :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm open to hearing the thought process

• Locked thread