Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Video went up on the Destiny YouTube channel. Is this new? I'm at work.

/20opyh1pLYg

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Levantine posted:

I'm getting a "Video does not exist" error.

:downs: BBCode is hard.

w/e YouTube. Looks like the homing rocket is back.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
When I go into Gamestop to add :10bux: to a preorder they just tack on another copy, then combine them when the game comes out :v:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

If they're showing off high-level PvP at Gamescon, I can't wait for PAX :woop:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Pews posted:

I also kind of thought it was odd that they decide to blur your character when viewed close up. Maybe there was some rendering problems in the beta they were trying to hide! :tinfoil:

My guess is that the depth-of-field effect is there to hide the "low" poly model that we play with so that our memory of making a character, using a high poly model, remains vivid. Pretty ingenious.

I could be wrong and its just another camera effect. I really doubt that Bungie is trying to hide Halo 2 faces.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Venus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIr4DRtnG_E

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

I could do that with my headphones and ditch the gold headset, is the LVA7330 a good mic?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Beaten! :argh: Hurry up September.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Levantine posted:

I'm still holding out hope Bungie wants to do space combat in Destiny ala Reach at some point.

Same here. Fingers crossed that spaceships are the quick travel through The Reef :ohdear:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

:stare::hf::stare:

This owns.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm so hype. This is a way nicer trailer then I was expecting.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
August was the bug the devs didn't remove :(

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
There's no way I'm going to get to Bellevue at noon on Monday. dreams.exe failed to launch :smith:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Destiny was hinted at way back in ODST which was released over five years ago;

When I saw the Traveller for the first time I remembered this poster and :vince:

Fateo McMurray posted:

Destiny is a scam

The Star Citizen of FPS games.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I've played through the Earth storyline 6 times. There might be some changes, but I'll slow down for sure when I get to the Moon.

E: VV that too VV

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 7, 2014

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Ezelek posted:

The man of post just delivered unto me a box.

:argh: the jealousy.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Wait, is it finally less then 24 hours for us in the States? Oh man.

IronSaber posted:

So how are y'alls gonna proceed when you first start? Fire up the campaign and do several missions? Get together with a bunch of goons and explore?

Definitely the story first. We've all been salivating for the higher levels, so even some of us pre-alpha vets are going to feel a fresh game.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Has PSN melted anywhere?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
ITS HAPPENING!!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Tonight's events.

1) Timer hits 0.
2) Patch is applied immediately.
3) ISP goes down for maintenince*. :suicide:

*I'm guessing it is maintenince because the timing was too convenient.

Anyways I'm going to take the opportunity to get some sleep. See y'all tomorrow.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Went back to the Cydonia for PVP and Shingen for PVE, just like in beta.

Mainly because I haven't found a pulse rifle I like, or a scout rifle that deals the same amount of damage of those two ARs. Revenge of the RNG :smithicide:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Kilometers Davis posted:

Quick question about gear while leveling up. What takes priority, armor stats or the strength/discipline/etc modifiers? I'm often stuck between sticking with my one or two level old greens with bonuses and new whites with better defense.

I usually stick to itemd that speed up cool downs. I'll punch for days to get that grenade back up. When the difference between two items is about 10% of your total defense it's time to swap though.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm TheMeatDimension on PS4, feel free and join me on my quest to deal with the Dust Palace strike after terrible pubbies drop out.

EDIT - Well, I'm done, that was surprisingly easy.

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Sep 12, 2014

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Bussamove posted:

But I did get a purple! For a hunter. On my titan. God dammit.

I know how that goes. I got a Legendary engram in Crucible, got a rare that didn't even have Light on it :negative:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm farming the Nexus on PS4 right now. I'm TheMeatDimension, no mic currently.

I'm just doing the base strike, should I be doing a different one?...

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Emron posted:

The video I saw had the difficulty set at 22, for what it's worth.

I noticed that. I'm not getting a bunch of Legendary drops, so I'll have to try the higher one some other time.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I got my first legendary drop from a legendary engram! I guess I have to make a hunter now, since it was a Hunter chest piece.

Baiard posted:

Is there any point to holding onto class-specific items that you can't use? My first legendary engram turned out to be Sunbreakers and I feel like I should save them.

Do what you want but man I remember the grind to buy those things when they were on sale.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Bastard Tetris posted:

Your bank allows you to trade items across characters, right?

Yeah, just shove it in the Vault and switch characters.

WhiteMalePrivilege posted:

How are you people getting these legendary engrams?

I started getting them more after level 20, if you're not 18+ I wouldn't expect them.

There's a good farming circuit on Mars you guys probably know about, but I'll put up a video of it later.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Are Ascendant Shards a random drop or do I need to go somewhere to find them? I need like 23 to level a couple of armor pieces.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Obsurveyor posted:

They're the only thing I've received for my first daily public reward.

I got energy, I guess there's yet another random element. I'll keep roaming around Mars.

Cirofren posted:

I think you have to deconstruct legendaries to get them, not sure though.

:stonk:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
^^^ Figures because of the name, I should have realized that. Thanks!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I ran across some pubbies trying it out on Venus. I followed them in and got stuck in an invisible wall after they all disappeared. :saddowns: I got invited to their Fireteam for the Vault of Glass, and the party kept getting wiped by some crazy mechanics that're explained as well as everything else in the game. Then I realized it's 4:20AM and I should probably hit the sack.

Welp that's my story Vault of Glass, I'll probably be way more game tomorrow for it.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I swear to god, has there been a day without the "kill 2 enemies with a fusion rifle 20 times" bounty?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

OBi posted:

Easy method for this (and mindless item farming): Moon mission 1.

Thanks for this. I came across as salty I guess, it's not that the bounty is hard, it's that I wish there was more variety.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

If your crosshairs aren't keeping up with other players, or you think you're turning too slow, it's time to turn the sensitivity up. From what I've heard a lot of sensitivities are set between 5&7, I'm at 7 personally. It's all about finding a comfortable spot, the guy who was at the top of the leaderboards in the beta said his sensitivity was set to 3 or 4.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess that's just my personal anecdotes, I'll admit that I'm noticeably less accurate with the sniper rifle in PVP but following people with the primary weapons is a breeze and worth the trade off.

Or I'm reacting to getting chumped by shotguns repeatedly.

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 17, 2014

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

ufarn posted:

Can you still do the different levels for a weekly and get rewards such as coins?

Yep. I did one for 3 coins, then I did the one for 9 and got the difference.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Vault of Glass is so good when everyone is coordinating. The last boss has some bullshit hoops to go through and the pressure never really lets off when you get to him, but the rest of it loving owns.

Just thought I'd drop by and mention that. I thought it was great.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Muffin Rhino posted:

The targets for the "keep the enemy from reaching the checkpoints" public events have crazy high damage resistance, I've never been able to down one by myself.

The targets are practically mini bosses. I've been able to get a few of them, the ones I've missed have had a shield. Do you need to reload? Well looks like Captain Bullet Sponge has half of his shield back up! And I'm at level 27.

The warlock's aoe grenade will occasionally mess up their path and they'll just stop and eat it, fwiw.

Edit: beaten :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
The legendary bounty just dropped. I have no idea which one to pick :shepface:

• Locked thread