Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This game is going to own. CTF on Halo 1 Blood Gulch with flag at home required to score on xbl should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wonder if this game will have a Blood Gulch playlist at some point. It's going to have 5 different versions of the map. Does this game have forge?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Matchmaking Playlists:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/10/09/halo-the-master-chief-collections-launch-day-multiplayer-playlists-revealed-ign-first

Team Halo 2 Anniversary

Play a mix of Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 4v4.

Halo 2 Anniversary Rumble

Challenge seven other opponents on re-mastered maps. This is your fight and yours alone. 8-player Free-For-All.

Halo 2 Anniversary Social

Play with a team in unranked Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 5v5.

Team Slayer

Eliminate the enemy team across four Halo games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Nothing but Team Slayer, 24/7. 4v4.

Big Team Battle

Battle it out in 16-player warfare with vehicles across Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. 8v8.

Halo: Combat Evolved

The game that started it all. Play a mix of Slayer and objective game types in Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time on Xbox Live. 4v4.

Halo 2 Classic

It’s back. A mix of the most popular Team Slayer and objective game types from the original Halo 2. 4v4.

Halo 3

A selection of fan-favorite Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 3. 4v4.

Halo 4

A mix of Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 4, on a selection of small to medium-sized maps. 5v5.

Team Hardcore

A collection of tournament-approved game types from Halo 2 and Halo 3. The Battle Rifle is your primary weapon. 4v4.

Halo eSports

The official Halo eSports playlist. 4v4.

SWAT (Rotational)

Aim for the head! A collection of SWAT game types on our favorite maps from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Players have no shields and are equipped with rifles. 4v4.

They forgot to make an exclusively ctf playlist. That stinks, wonder how long it will take to add.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Kins posted:

The achievement list is up. Some of them are utterly brutal (laffo at LASO Master). Also, confirmation that the PC-exclusive Halo 2 skull is included!

I really hope that if you beat it on legendary it also give you the achievement for beating all the other difficulty levels, not that I care about 100% achievement completion but that would be terrible to have to beat it on every difficulty.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

a cop posted:

It should be noted that the "remade" maps will also play differently from standard H2. Weapons were rebalanced, maps were changed, they added the ability to spawn with different loadouts, etc.

Don't forget the Gungoose.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Does this game have forge for Halo 1 or just the games that originally had it + anniversary edition of 2?

edit: I really wish Halo had custom game browsers. I think that would be a great way to try out forge maps and custom game types.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 28, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

AdmiralViscen posted:

When I got married in 2011, the morning of my groomsmen and I wanted to to some old school Halo 2 system link together. We had two XBoxes and all that but one of them didn't have the DLC so we were stuck doing it on the stock maps since XBox One (released in 2001) Live servers were no longer online.

It's a niche case but I would have liked for this to be an actual master disc that would give me 100% of the content forever without crossing my fingers that MS doesn't turn off Live servers in 10 years when there's no such thing as consoles.

On PC, afaik Steam guarantees DRM stripping in the scenario that they go out of business.

This too.

Also I am pretty sure that ODST had one disc for campaign/firefight and one disc for the entirety of Halo 3's multiplayer, which made it super easy to get everyone on the same page map-wise.

If they really couldn't put a second disc in the box, they should have at least made all the multiplayer and single player content on the disc and put all the CG movies in H2A as a separate (recommended but optional) download. I can do without those completely and I bet they are 10GB at least.

Halo 2's map dlc came out on a disc also. My friends and I just bought that and shared it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Funkmaster General posted:

Yeah, this sucks. It's like this for all the games. I really wanted to recreate my Halo 3 guy, but he had a clownsuit so I can't. Seems even worse for Halo 4, because there were so many options, but I care a little less. Also a shame that you can't preview your colors out of game tk make sure they look good, or choose visor colors etc etc.

I suppose this was done so that they could have x amount of player models, rather than hundreds of individual armor piece models to put together. Still sucks.

Does Halo 4 mp not have user made load outs anymore?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Tighclops posted:

Reach was fun until 343 mangled it with their title update, but the maps were certainly unremarkable overall.

I'll be curious to see how many bones the MCC moves if these issues keep up

What did 343 do to Reach with their update? I stopped playing by the time that rolled out.

Also, Reach had some maps I remember being fun. Off the top of my head I liked Boardwalk, Sword Base, and Power House.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 13, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MickRaider posted:

At least I'm not the idiot who bought MCC at launch like the rest of you sheep.

Expecting a game to work at launch isn't dumb, especially if it's a collection of previously released games. It's dumb that 343 puts out a game with this many problems.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MickRaider posted:

Lmao, have you even followed launch games? Almost every single one of them has launch problems. And who knew a hacked together game bundle of poo poo you already owned would have troubles

Every game but 2 (Destiny and NBA 2k15, which both had less problems than this game) I've bought at launch in the last year have worked great. That's not almost every single one.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How many other people reading this thread are waiting to see if the delayed patch actually fixes match making before buying this game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

So is the online fixed enough to make it worth buying now?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Sedisp posted:

Far less people are making returns than you think. Even some people who say they're returning it are not actually doing that. Even more people will just trade it in which doesn't affect a product like MCC.

I imagine a lot of people that didn't buy it on launch day that wanted to get the game still haven't bought the game and won't until it's fixed. That's my plan.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MrAptronym posted:

Fall of Reach is the only Halo book I have read actually. It was a while ago, but I loved that thing. Also, 'I Love Bees' was surprisingly good.

I Love Bees made me think Halo 2's story was going to be better than it turned out. It also had me excited for defending Earth in that game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

343 should have made this game only Halo 2 anniversary. Then it would probably have working multiplayer and they could do HD remakes of other Halo games later. Whoops.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It's kind of funny to me that during the lead up the kept stressing things like these ports were going to be as accurate as possible and they didn't want to change anything so people could do all the old bugs they liked. Then it turns out they actually ported PC versions of some of the games instead of Xbox. This really has no lan support? That's crazy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

muddream posted:

Halo: CE MP is interesting to around 200 Americans who attended Xbox LAN parties instead of playing Quake, UT or CS like normal teenagers.

Or if they wanted to play a non outdated game at the time.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

So how many gigs of patches are people going to have to dl on Christmas, 22?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

ChocNitty posted:

Considering how long shits been hosed up, they need to give this bitch a price drop.

At the very least they should be giving ODST to everyone.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

lol why would anyone have bought this game after launch though??

Christmas presents.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

I was being facetious. It seems fairly arbitrary to cut off ODST's freeness, but at least the game is playable enough, and the issues have been known long enough, that anybody buying it now probably doesn't need to be placated with free content.

e: They should make Halo 5's beta open to all Xbones though. It's good (though not without hitches, but it's still nearly a year off, so).

A lot of people that buy gamers games for Christmas gifts aren't reading video game websites about broken games. I can't imagine the game is much better than it was on the 19th. That cut off date is really arbitrary.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The post game stat screen feels like a downgrade from the last few Halos. It's also really lazy what they did with picking armor for Halo 3/4. Does anyone stay with the lobby after games or does everyone still get dumped out to select your playlist after every round?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm shocked how much Halo 4 gets voted for and how little Blood Gulch maps are picked.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What are everyone's favorite campaign levels? I'm replaying Halo 1's campaign and was remind that Silent Cartographet is one of the best levels in the series.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Last night I was playing Halo 1's campaign co-op. After beating the second to last level it almost started the next level then booted us into a multiplayer lobby. In the middle of the car section of the last level it randomly stopped gameplay and started to play the level intro cut scene, then restarted from the check point at the start of the car section. After beating Halo 1 is showed the ending then skipped the credits. How is the campaign so buggy?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Do 2 and 3 in MCC still have proxy chat? I'm always in a party so I have no idea. Proxy chat used to be hilarious in those games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

AdmiralViscen posted:

Not in a party you won't. Just like MCC it only works if you are alone when you search.

And yes I know what rubber banding is, I am talking about myself and other dudes just snapping forward and backward, back and forth. Don't lecture me on definitions when you feel a game is "working" when you need to do the Konami code to escape from its matchmaking trap.

edit - to be fair this is based on a single match since after over an hour spent in three separate sessions I was only able to join one.

The only time I've played MCC with a friend in party so far, it worked decently. (For MCC) Finding games didn't take too long and it was fun. This was a couple of weeks ago.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Just found enough players for a big team battle, voted on the map, then it kicked 4 players, and went back to looking for players. Guess I was just getting lucky with how well it's worked the last few times I've played.

Also, I really wish there was a Big Team Slayer playlist and Big Team Objective instead of both together.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

In Halo 2 using the Universal Reclaimer control scheme, how do you fire the banshee's bomb in multiplayer?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Max Wilco posted:

So I just wanted to jump in ask this: Recently, I've taken an interest in playing Halo. I've only ever played the first game (albeit briefly, when over at a friend's house). I should point out that I don't own an XONE, or any of the other XBOX consoles. I know that there are PC ports of the first two games, but I don't know anything about their quality, or if they're even compatible with Windows 7.

I've heard that the Master Chief Collection has issues, but that it's being patched and is getting better. Would it be worth picking a XONE for the collection at some point in the future? If not, is there a cheaper/more ideal way to play something in the series? I know the collection doesn't include ODST or Reach. I've heard that ODST wasn't that great, but I thought Reach looked interesting.

You can play all of them for decent prices on the 360. MCC on the bone has Halo 1-4 and will be getting ODST dlc. If you just want to play Halo, do it on the 360 for cheaper. If you want to play Halo 5 (when it comes out) or other non-Halo games consider the Xbox One.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MickRaider posted:

The viscous cycle perpetrated by consumers who don't care if a game works, they just want whatever is hot right now.

Sheeples

Boycott new games. Force developers to spend time fine tuning games. Show shareholders that realistic expectations and polished games make money, not whatever poo poo a developer will push out without proper QA time

The best is reading posts by people like that on sites like reddit. There are still loads of people ready to preorder Halo 5 after MCC. I don't understand how anyone could think preordering a 343 game is a good idea now.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MickRaider posted:

No poo poo. MCC is just preying on idiot consumers who don't research. Not their fault they have share holders.

Buying video games shouldn't require people to do research on message boards.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MickRaider posted:

Buying anything should require research. It's called being an informed consumer.

Sellers love people who don't research. They can sell them complete poo poo.

Do you research cereal before buying it at the grocery store? Expecting the advertised features on the box of a video game to work isn't something that you should have to check online to see if it works.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I got a few matches after long searches. Sometimes it would get the game ready, finish the map voting, and then boot everyone out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Reminder that while, yeah Halo 4 launched "just fine", it also launched with like half the MP content of Reach (at Reach's launch) the spartan ops mode was universally panned as not as good as firefight and they strung people along promising forge maps and better playlists.....none of which happened until well after they were done shilling playerbase splitting DLC/Season pass junk. It was not exactly flawless and sent me back to Reach for the entire lifetime of that game.

Didn't they also say they were going to do a second season of Spartan Ops that didn't happen?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Looks like even Halo surveys are having issues.
(From my email today)

"Hello!

Our original survey link had a technical issue, which we have resolved. Thank you for your patience. Please try again and if you are still having issues with the survey,"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Seedge posted:

Sorry to ask for a recap, but had someone at college asking me about it: what exactly is working / broken in the Halo MCC MP? Last I heard, there were no Halo 1 or 2 playlists at all.

Sometimes it takes a long time to find a game. Sometimes after taking 10+ minutes to find the game, it let's players vote on the map, acts like it's about to boot the game, and then goes straight to the post game carnage report. The campaigns also occasionally have glitches (at least Halo 1 I haven't beat the others on MCC yet)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Found two 4v4 games really quick. Searched for a BTB game and it got 6v6 in about a minute or so.

Can't wait to try this later today. If BTB matchmaking is quick all the time I'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Hey look at this picture the CEO of Microsoft tweeted.
https://twitter.com/satyanadella/status/550366010453532673

Master Chief is saying Windows 10 while standing next to the words Master Chief collection. Wonder if this means MCC is coming to Windows 10 in 2015.

• Locked thread