Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

blowfish posted:

Make sure to collect some in a jar of rubbing alcohol, entomologists really like having specimens in our collections :spergin:

I am an entomologist, and I can confirm that this is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Something to keep in mind is that small objects that can't be heat treated can be frozen. This will kill bedbugs too.

Put the thing in a plastic bag, seal air tight with tape and let it sit in the freezer for a couple of days. When you take it out, don't open the bag until the contents have reached room temp. This way, there won't form any condensation on the thing, and it won't be warped or damaged from the humidity.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

sadus posted:

Bedbugs + Ebola = ????

Bed bugs do not transmit bloodborne pathogens. Why they don't is kind of a mystery, since other bloodsucking insects and ticks spread disease like malaria, lyme disease and bubonic plague.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

adorai posted:

I plan to freeze (for two weeks) or possibly dry clean all of her nice stuff. I am not sure what to do about the shoes. I am going to put suitcases into black garbage bags and set them outside for two weeks in January.

You can freeze the shoes. Put them in airtight plastic bags: ziplock and tape. Then freeze for a week.

When you take the stuff out, let it reach room temp before you open the bag. That way no moisture will condense on the frozen items. You can do this for most sensitive stuff. I have used this method for treating carpet beetles in zoological museum collections.

• Locked thread