Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

naem posted:

No. Blood meridian is 100% incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

naem posted:

I sure am a drunk guy living on a boat during the depression, her are some masterfully woven descriptions of how bad everything sucks like a whole bunch, OH GOD IT HURTS MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP

isnt Suttree nearly autobiographical? cormac was from a rich family but lived in a shack outside of knoxville with no heat or running water for years

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zoux posted:

I've read Infinite Jest the whole way through so that's how strong my lit game is before you decide to step.

dfw suxs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zoux posted:

Oh here's a shitload of untranslated Spanish too because I don't think that art is a communicative form

learn spanish idiot. how are you an american and you cant grasp the simple spanish 1 stuff in blood meridian

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the counselor was pretty bad, cormac hosed that one up big time

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Kirk Johnson posted:

No Country For Old Men taught me lobos is Spanish for wolves. I got the agua bit but I didn't know about lobos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ssrLSheg4

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Kirk Johnson posted:

You're making my point about pretentious dipshits for me, you loving idiot.

wow like do you ever think a red shirt could just be a red shirt?? fuckin english teachers overinterpreting everything. it's why I went into engineering.

edit: downvotes, really?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He spends the first quarter of the book writing like a literal retard so it might hit too close to home for you

#shrekt

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

someone needs to kill franco before he can get his hands on blood meridian.

also the only directors fit to make cormac mccarthy movies are the coen bros

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would watch Lars Von Trier do Blood Meridian

ok yeah. or herzog would work

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

This Is the End 2: The Road featuring Jonah Hill as the man and Michael Cera as the boy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Frostwerks posted:

franco is a loving fool if he wants to make blood meridian into a film. the mpaa would tear him a new rear end in a top hat. he needs to take his loving hands off of good poo poo and stick to shoving them up his rear end in a top hat. Make it an HBO mini if you want to do it. Goddamn.

hes a more hosed up version of uwe boll, instead of ruining goofy video games hes ruining brilliant literature

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The real problem with adapting Blood Meridian as a movie or miniseries is more about making sure the violence is extreme without being spectacle. The whole power of BP is how these incredible acts of violence and cruelty are normalized by the indifference of those who perpetrate them. To make the movie work, the director would have to frame the violence in such a way that it was unflinching and graphic, but also disturbing and unpleasant enough that people would not immediately rush to make GIFs of it like Game of Thrones or Walking Dead. It would have to simultaneously be normalized and unimaginable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_9KNP9I6YA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i dont get why hes let oprah and only oprah interview him. i mean normally it'd be because of $ but cormac gives no shits about money

• Locked thread