Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Meet Noosian Betaa

Deemed unfit for Jedi Training, Betaa spend some time in the Agricultural Corps before striking out on his own using his minor force talents to gain various counselor, academic, and advisory roles across the galaxy. He never publicized his Force connections, but he was still a target when the Purge happened. Thankfully, as his talent was a minor one, he only had to evade local authorities instead of a battalion of troopers. Now Betaa bounces from one fringe bar to the next, staying one step ahead of Jedi hunters and trying to figure out just what to do with himself in this new, dark universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Leif. posted:

Got excited for a moment about a new Star Wars RPG. Then I realized it has the same stupid dice system as EotE and :commissar:.

Have you tried the narrative dice? They're super awesome in practice and I never want to go back to a system that doesn't support "advantageous failure" or "success with some despair" ever again.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Leif. posted:

Eh. Too annoying to use, and I hate not being able to play if I don't have my specific specialized dice available. Compare with Dungeon World, which can do the same thing via a d6.

All the core books have a conversion chart for using regular polyhedrals instead of the custom dice. And as Waffleman said, there's an app and several online dice rollers.

The system is also SUPER intuitive in play. There's only 3 pairs of symbols, one one set is pretty rare.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Leif. posted:

:lsd: I didn't know there was a conversion chart.

The first Beta set even came with stickers to straight up convert regular dice into edge dice. Not sure if you can still get those, but they really tried to make it easy to get a grip on the dice system.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, here's my new char-sheet, and a breakdown of how I spent XP

I'm a Human, so I started with 110, +10 from my morality choice.

Career/Spec Skills: Charm, Coerce, Deception, Negotiation, Perception

Free Human Skills: Leadership, Melee

-30 (Presence to 3)
-40 (Presence to 4)
-30 (Intellect to 3)
-10 (Career Skill Deception to Rank 2)
-10 (Career Skill Coercion to Rank 2)

Then with my bonus 150XP I did the following:

-10 (Influence Basic Power)
-10 (+Range to Close)
-15 (+Control Can roll Influence with Coerce/Charm/Deceive/Leadership/Negotiation checks)
-10 (+Range to Medium)
-10 (+Range to Long)
-5 (Kill With Kindness)
-10 (Nobody's Fool)
-15 (Plausible Deniability)
-20 (Sense Emotions)
-20 (Contingency Plan)
-25 (Force Rating)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The forums outage was still going on when I went to bed last night. I'll try to get a post up on my lunch break, failing that, around midnight when I get home.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Noosian can drive a truck. I love trucks. I'm great at trucks.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So i'm not sure why I've been rolling 3 force dice with Noosian...my Force Rating should really only be 2 and I'm not sure why I thought it would be 3...

I'll adjust for that going forward.

Forgot about the free bonus force rating.

EDIT: I also have 5 extra XP to spend; that first range upgrade on my force power cost 5, not 10. Went ahead and buffed my Lore to 1 rank. I'll have a new sheet posted shortly.

EDIT2: Alrighty, here's Noosian ver. 3

jivjov fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 5, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
For the 45 exp, I took:

Force Influence:
Magnitude -5xp
Control Emotion/Belief -10xp
Strength -10xp
Duration -5xp

Bought a rank in Melee -15xp

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mustache Ride posted:

Eeeeeh, I'm not sure I want to do that.

But yeah, I guess we can. Please put your current Morality in each post, and here's the roll: Morality: 1d10 8

Okay, so how does this one work? Since the roll is over my conflict, I get Morality equal to the difference, right? And then does conflict zero out?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mustache Ride posted:

From reading it, it seems that if anybody's final morality contains that number, the PC and the GM will work specifically on that PC's morality for this session.

I didn't read anything about conflict differences, what page did you see that on?

From the Order 66 podcast with one of the devs. Lemme find a page number or something

EDIT: Page 221. Paraphrasing so I'm not c&ping book text: Roll a d10, if result is less than earned conflict, decrease morality by the difference. If result is more than earned conflict, increase morality by the difference.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 17, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So double the morality shift since everyone's was triggered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I didn't want to steal the show and be the only one talking to crazy McOldguy, but I can post again if you'd like

• Locked thread