Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Plan Kill it with Code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Maaaaaaaaaan. Shoulda listened to your buddy and bro BB Rod. Shoulda nuked the joint. It's the only way to be sure. Let the Emprah sort em out, I say.

I vote for anything but turning ourselves into an Avatar.

To be fair, cracking the planet open with an Exterminatus would have done pretty much the same thing, letting the soul eating monster have an all-you-can-eat-buffet while the planet crumbled.

Tomn posted:

You know what this situation calls for?

Faith in the Emperor and a good WAAAAAGH!

Shoulda bought the Ork. :colbert:

They have a habit of inviting themselves to the party when there's fighting to be had.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I would vote for plan kill it with code if I thought it would work, but I don't. If we're going to go against a greater daemon, I'd rather do it with a fragment of a god, our troops, and a living saint with us rather than alone.

Take the mantle.

Fffffffineeee, Plan Tran, but keep option C open as a back-up in case assuming that psychic circuits made out of alien bones work the same way as imperial electronics turns out to not work as planned.

Waci fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 14, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

I grapple with thee

I am an Imperial Guardsman.

I have fought in the God-Emperor’s wars all of my life.

Before me, a mad daemon-psyker. A dozen times my size, crackling with warp energies. At my back, Sisters of Battle, chanting their hymns of faith. Around us, a hundred daemonettes cavort - the air is ripe with perfume, like the decay of fruit, a most alluring decadence. I cut my way through them, and they are cast back into the nether realms, screaming beautiously.

I must not be overcome by their cries.

In my left hand, a great hammer, forged in the most Holy of Monasteries. In my right hand, the Wailing Doom, a xeno-artifact. I hope the God-Emperor can forgive me this transgression - I am but a soldier, but He has chosen me as a Saint. I have never expected such a blessing, nor asked for it. I reach out with my hands, and radiance melts the daemons away as sure as artillery fire.

The lesser daemons and I, two sides of the same coin. We fight in three dimensions, using wings to buffet; to disorient and confuse. We leap into the air, dropping down with outstretched limbs. They are inhumanely fast and strong - I am faster, stronger. I can feel the God-Emperor guiding me. I can feel the Young King around me.

I am burning the xeno’s soul to nothing as I fight them. I draw on his millenia of experience, and the Faith of a tired old soldier. They cannot withstand us, and I feel some small regret - at the dying of another warrior. The xeno seems content, though - his final battle is his most elegant. Under his whispers, I fight like an Eldar - all grace and beauty. The daemonettes and I, two sides of a coin.

I cannot press the attack the way I wish. Ohone is mired in wraithbone and xenotech. She cannot advance against the daemon, and her weapons would be unlikely to penetrate regardless. The Guardsmen who still stand have barricaded around her - we all know it is her fight that will end this, focusing as she is on ending the supply of souls.

Instead, the daemon-psyker has mobility against us. Mocking us and shouting blasphemies, it conjures an infinite army of lesser daemons against us. My Faith is strong, but I know that I will tire eventually. Even now I can feel the focus of the enemy bearing down on us - a million meat-puppets bearing down on us. We will fall one by one, until Ohone is isolated. And then the galaxy will perish.

I am an Imperial Guardsman.

I will not fail her.

Loel fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 15, 2015

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

So good :allears:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Uhhhg, what we do?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
We did Plan Tran, and Fabiyan picked up the Wailing Doom instead of us.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Now for war within the Infinity Circuit. :black101:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Today’s music: Therion

From Hell’s Heart

“You are in the Webway.”
“I’m sorry?”
You looked around you. The shimmering plains blurred into distance, the maybe-worlds and could-bes dancing along the horizon. Comfortably leaning back against a fallen statue, Anastasia, in her leathers and furs. She smiled easily at you, although it didn’t meet her eyes, and she held your gaze as she took a bite out of a peach.
“The Webway. The Eldar highway through the Warp.”
“No, I’m not. This is inside an Infinity Circuit. A world-mind.”
“You think so? What better place for an Infinity Circuit, than connecting through the Webway?”

You reached out with your mind, the sacred codes of Binary stretching out in thaumaturgic power. Out of the dust and debris, a dozen creatures, composed of the infinite ones and zeroes that built the universe. They growled and snapped at each other, ranging from the size of las-rifles to artillery pieces. Your weapons and defenders, in this place.

Anastasia cocked her head. “Do you think that proves anything?”
“The binary works here. I am in the Eldar machines.”
“To be sure. But you are also in the Webway. How else would I be here?”
“The Eldar use psyker imagery, this is probably constructed out of my mind. The only Eldar structure I have ever been to.”
“Then why would your mind summon me? Perhaps I left this little figment here, awaiting your arrival.”
“Left it in my mind, or in the Infinity Circuit?”
“Does it matter? I wanted to have this talk, so here we are.”
“What did you want to talk about, then?”

“We’ve been quite pleased with your progress so far. So young, so ambitious. Quick to improvise, table to overturn plans decades in the making. It’s admirable.”
“I serve the Omnissiah. I am simply obeying His will.”
“You serve yourself. You are nose-deep in heresy and sinking fast.”
“I am within the lines of orthodoxy.”
She laughed good-naturedly. “You write them! Inquisitor, Magos, Rogue Trader. You write the rules and claim to be within them. No, from one heretic to another, you are well on your way to divine power, in the service of the Architect of Fate.”
“I doubt you came here to taunt me.”
Anastasia bowed. “You have me there. I am here to offer my guidance. You can go and fight that irritating little deviant, or we could see a few things on the way. A million Eldar souls rest here, and their memories are an open book to such as us.”

What do you do?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Shake our head sadly. "That's amateurish, Anastasia. A brutish appeal to greater power like that holds no appeal to me. Especially when one weighs the risks. To work with you means to work with the Great Deceiver, and rare is one who comes on top of such a bargain. You probably think you're one of them, but trust me, the hammer just hasn't come down on you yet. It will. When you are in his pocket, he always wins.

No, I believe I shall chart my own path. I may manipulate these Eldar souls, but in service to stopping a demon, and in saving all the human souls on this Imperial Planet. But I will not waste a second using them as you suggest. Even if I were inclined to, Anastasia... I don't have time." Pointedly turn away. "I have a battle to win."

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Imitate her speech to us just now with our mechadendrites as hand puppets. Make her voice nasally and stupid, and ours reasonable. Make fart noises if she tries to interrupt. We're acting at the speed of thought, plenty of time to mock a real fool like Anastasia. Remember, she willingly signed up with the Great Deceiver. Unless she's ready to laugh when she's hoisted on her own petard, she's a grade-A loser who bargained for power with the most predictable backstabber in the Galaxy.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"Suffer not the heretic to live. The blasphemer to speak. The unclean to fester. I do not hear you puppet. I cut your strings in His name."

Then fire everything at her and Gorgon and be ready to block out the whole "JUST AS PLANNED! JUST AS PLANNED" chorus when killing Gorgon turns out to be some keystone to an elaborate plan. Get gorgon dead, then get our rear end to Mars then to Athena.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Do we have a thumbdrive? Will she fit on it? I'd like to give her to the Grey Knights and see what they do with her.

Yeah don't sign up with Tzeentch, kill all demons.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Imitate her speech to us just now with our mechadendrites as hand puppets. Make her voice nasally and stupid, and ours reasonable. Make fart noises if she tries to interrupt. We're acting at the speed of thought, plenty of time to mock a real fool like Anastasia. Remember, she willingly signed up with the Great Deceiver. Unless she's ready to laugh when she's hoisted on her own petard, she's a grade-A loser who bargained for power with the most predictable backstabber in the Galaxy.

hahah do this

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

VanSandman posted:

I retract my vote from my overly-serious suggestion and change it to this.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Joining the VanSandman Bandwagon

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Combo Janguar-Sandman Vote

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Oh dear lord :cripes:

I can't bring myself to vote against this.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Combo Janguar-Sandman Vote

This gets my vote. Aka plan JTSand.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

VanSandman posted:

yes please. This is literally our home turf. We can make her look like Goofy for all we care. Love this

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

VanSandman posted:

Imitate her speech to us just now with our mechadendrites as hand puppets [...]

Ha! Perfect!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

VanSandman posted:

can't wait for this part in the legends to be told

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

VanSandman posted:

The Emperor would approve.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Vansand, but go about doing what we're here for while our mechadendrites put on a Muppet show.

If she does anything but talk or gets too annoying blast her in the face.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

VanSandman posted:

The Emperor protects, I guess! Like Outrail said, distract HER while we go about our work.

Very cool scene, OP.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Lowell, I love this story so I don't want you to have to write something stupid - I just want Ohone to be so loving fed up with this poo poo she's willing to be incredibly childish as an act of petty revenge.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Fabiyan: This is the battle to save the Galaxy, I am the avatar of the Emperor, but victory rests with beloved Ohone. What struggles must she be facing in the daemon-infested xeno machines?

Ohone: I'm a big lame stupid bird who keeps screwing up and thinks I can trick Ohone into betraying the Omnissiah.

Anastasia: :mad:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
The more I think about it the more likely it seems to me that she's there on the long shot of corrupting us, but primarily to distract us. Exactly as planned.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
She's an illusion, a trojan gate strategy. Blast her.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
Who is anastasia? I'm having a hard time keeping track of the inquisitor side characters.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Bede posted:

Who is anastasia? I'm having a hard time keeping track of the inquisitor side characters.

The ancestor who summoned the Darkness, is an extremely powerful psyker who works with Chaos.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

LowellDND posted:

The ancestor who summoned the Darkness, is an extremely powerful psyker who works with Chaos.

And the sole privileged audience for the greatest puppet show performed by a Rogue Trader Lord Sire Magos Inquisitor the webway has ever seen! One night only!

Hope you enjoy the show birdbrain. Make sure we dedicate at most 0.03% of processing power to the show for extra glitchiness. Eyes on the prize.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 16, 2015

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
yeah don't forget to concentrate main resources on winning this fight

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Shadeoses posted:

Fabiyan: This is the battle to save the Galaxy, I am the avatar of the Emperor, but victory rests with beloved Ohone. What struggles must she be facing in the daemon-infested xeno machines?

Ohone: I'm a big lame stupid bird who keeps screwing up and thinks I can trick Ohone into betraying the Omnissiah.

Anastasia: :mad:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

I spit at thee

Even as your binary attack programs leapt ahead, your mechadendrites spread behind you, so many snapping mouths. Your voice projected to them, high pitched and irritating.
“What’s that, Ana? We should join the Great Enemy?”
“Oh yes, it’s wonderful, we get to spend centuries mutating away from the human form!”
“That does sound quite nice. Can we turn into a puddle of slime?”
“We can!”
“And we have no choice in the matter?”
“None at all!”
“It’s almost like we are making deals that we can’t enforce? And are thusly worthless?”
“Just so!”
“You would think a daughter of a Rogue Trader Dynasty would know better.”
“Well, I was only a stupid child when I signed up.”
“True. So you think I should be one too?”
“Oh yes. I need the company, since I abandoned my entire Family and everything I was supposed to hold dear.”
“Why did you do that?”
“Well, I looked around the universe and asked, who is the force most likely to backstab me? And I decided to join them!”
“That sounds extraordinarily stupid.”
“Oh, it was. Very stupid. And now I’m stuck here, pretending I’m a bird and trying to get other fools to follow me. So we can all be piles of slime together.”
“Well, what if I want to still follow the Omnissiah?”
“No, that’s silly. Even though He has a ten thousand year record of not backstabbing you, and actually wants you to study and improve technology, you should definitely leave Him for a basket of a feathers and a super-serious promise not to betray you.”

Anastasia tapped her fingers on the stone. “You done?”
“I think so, yeah.” You met her gaze. “I won’t say you are the dumbest person I’ve come across, but … no, you pretty much are. Rule One of being a Rogue Trader, don’t make a deal you can’t enforce. And Rule Two, never expect loyalty.”
“Mm. Is that why you are working with something from the Dark Age of Technology?”

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Rethink life decisions

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

jng2058 posted:

Rethink life decisions

Still good, it ain't chaos

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

LowellDND posted:

I spit at thee
Anastasia tapped her fingers on the stone. “You done?”
“I think so, yeah.” You met her gaze. “I won’t say you are the dumbest person I’ve come across, but … no, you pretty much are. Rule One of being a Rogue Trader, don’t make a deal you can’t enforce. And Rule Two, never expect loyalty.”
“Mm. Is that why you are working with something from the Dark Age of Technology?”

Heehee. I love it. Let's just walk away. Get back to the utter destruction of our foe.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
"Yes, something human. I don't think you'd understand."

Pettiness suits us, let's keep it up.

She's trying to distract us. Get back to work, if she tries to add anything further interrupt with loud mechanical "BAWK!" "BAWK BAWK BAWK!"s from a mechadendrite.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Roll eyes, ignore daemonic meat puppet. Continue trying to kill or weaken the other daemon.

Just don't say anything about it at all. Even if she knows all the details of our deals with Athena, we shouldn't be stupid enough to discuss it with her.