Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
If we swap him secret for secret, we'll run out before he gets to the really good stuff involving dragons. Defintely tell him about the intact DAOT ship, he's a big boy, he'll know what that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Tell him everything

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Tell him!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Tran posted:

"The Federation of Mars."

This.

Also, Kozilek isn't AN inquisitor. He's THE inquisitor. Like, the original guy who started the whole Imperial Inquisition thing.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
I thought that was Malcador.

Also don't tell everything. Just hint at it.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

gnarl posted:

I thought that was Malcador.

Hint hint :tinfoil:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I'm pretty sure the mere existence of the Mars federation is not actually a secret, especially within the mechanicus itself. Outside its a little inconvenient to the imperial cult and probably not advertised, but techpriests don't really have any reason NOT to know about it.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
It's not about revealing the past existence, it's the statement that a restored Federation would be worth the risk.

Being inhumanly intelligent, he's almost certain to make the connection to our intent. Which is also completely ignoring the fact that Lowel will write supporting dialogue.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Tell him.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tran posted:

It's not about revealing the past existence, it's the statement that a restored Federation would be worth the risk.

Being inhumanly intelligent, he's almost certain to make the connection to our intent. Which is also completely ignoring the fact that Lowel will write supporting dialogue.

Yes. I agree. As usual, plan Tran.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
my beans, take them all

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

That looks like a pretty strong consensus :v: Im doing some midterm reviews, and then Ill get started :D

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If it's not too late, I'm going with Plan Tran: make some strong implications, but don't spill everything quite yet.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

JT Jag posted:

If it's not too late, I'm going with Plan Tran: make some strong implications, but don't spill everything quite yet.

Yeah this. Why do we keep wanting to make big grand stupid actions that explode our face? I mean explode in our face.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Tran posted:

I say this.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Yeah this. Why do we keep wanting to make big grand stupid actions that explode our face? I mean explode in our face.

Saying 'I told you so' is one of the most important parts of a CYOA :colbert:

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Tran posted:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Plan Tran

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
All Space Grandpa wants is to know why we are so upset and scared. Just tell him everything and it'll be fiinnneeee.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Arkanomen posted:

All Space Grandpa wants is to know why we are so upset and scared. Just tell him everything and it'll be fiinnneeee.

Chaos agent spotted.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Tran posted:

Tran

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Is EVE fun? It looks fun

“A secret worth knowing the Throne is failing? Or a secret worth moving the galaxy?”
“Either. Both.”
You chuckled dryly. “Because to me that sounds like the same thing.”
“An STC that would save Him would certainly be worth it. Seen one?”
“I might have a one better. The Mars Federation.”
Did he go still? It was hard to tell. “Last I checked, we already had one. You think we can survive without the God-Emperor? Go back to one head on the Imperial Eagle?” He paused, cocked his head. “At the very least, it would require FTL that wasn’t the Warp.”
“That it would.”
He grunted. “Bit more impressive than a new model Titan.”
“Letting that knowledge out would be a declaration of war on the Navigator Guilds. It seemed more prudent to be cautious.”
“Heh. Wouldn’t that be a kick in the teeth for them. So you think we can take over the Imperium entirely?”
“That, of course, would be treason. I’m saying that, if the Throne fails, we have a back-up plan.”
“And the fact that the Message would shorten the life of the Throne has nothing to do with it.”
“As an Inquisitor, I am loyal to Holy Terra.”
“Of course.”

Do we want to commit further, and talk about the origina MarsFed? Or let him continue to think it’s a future one?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
This might be a little bit heretical but why can't the Corpse-God be brainboxed and run things from a shiny metal cube hooked up to a titan?

Just keep him talking with vague prompts until he comes to his own conclusion. Managing managers 101.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
quote edit post

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
It's purely a back-up plan, of course.

poo poo, we should have asked Athena to whip us up a nice lostech doodad for this fellow. "Guy who owns all the guns in the empire" sounds like a great addition to Ohone's personal list of friends.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

LowellDND posted:

Do we want to commit further, and talk about the origina MarsFed?

:frogon:

I think we should press on, we almost got a reaction out of him before he deflected. I mean, telling him that this existed rather than explicitly saying the south shall rise again. Going for hog wild support from the Mechanicus here.

A hologram will warn us before the bomb goes off. :haw:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Keep going, talk about the past Federation. They managed to spread before the Astronomican went up, so... Of course, if we can spread dark age level technology, we wouldn't even need for the Throne to fail, it can stay happy and corpsey all it wants.

I want to see if we can get him to admit a personal stance on AIs without bringing them up first.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

LowellDND posted:

Do we want to commit further, and talk about the origina MarsFed? Or let him continue to think it’s a future one?

I think we should Play Telephone With Athena. Ultimately, its her body and ship-self that's being rescued here. If she wants to reveal her presence or set ground terms for being brought out into the light, we're here not just as ohone, but her ambassador... and anything she wants to reveal to help incentivize her safe return could be good. This is in addition to the things we say now, but just pull on athena's ear for the next segment.

The other immediately relevant piece of technology that brings up: Long-distance communication without astropathy.
And its immediately relevant to repositioning ships on this scale.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

All the while, stress that while the non-warp faster than light option is viable, that is not the real reason to risk this. The medical and engineering tech that humanity has lost since the dark age of technology is immeasurable. We are sure that, once in possession of a full STC, a way to repair the throne can be found. Perhaps even a way to heal the God-Emperor.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah can we ask Athena what she feels should be revealed

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I was envisioning more trying to Carl Sagan it and creating a sense of enthusiasm about super amazing lost tech vs. fomenting civil war, but I guess we are talking to the leader of one of the two (three w/ Titan?) superpowers of the Imperium.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

JT Jag posted:

All the while, stress that while the non-warp faster than light option is viable, that is not the real reason to risk this. The medical and engineering tech that humanity has lost since the dark age of technology is immeasurable. We are sure that, once in possession of a full STC, a way to repair the throne can be found. Perhaps even a way to heal the God-Emperor.

This.

It seems really stupid to try and contact Athena right now. They would surely catch the communication, right?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
All in

Space Grandpa X Athena Otp. It's the perfect match and if you say I'm wrong than you're bother worst kind of heretic.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Don't bring Athena in, focus on saving the Emperor.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
all in

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

poor life choice posted:

I was envisioning more trying to Carl Sagan it and creating a sense of enthusiasm about super amazing lost tech vs. fomenting civil war, but I guess we are talking to the leader of one of the two (three w/ Titan?) superpowers of the Imperium.
"Superpowers" of the Imperium:

- The Adeptus Administratum, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "Terra"

- The Adeptus Mechanicus, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "Mars"

- The Adeptus Ministorum, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "the Church"

- The Holy Orders of the Emperor's Inquisition, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "Titan"

- The Adeptus Astartes, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "Space Marine"

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 15, 2015

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Waci posted:

I want to see if we can get him to admit a personal stance on AIs without bringing them up first.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

It seems really stupid to try and contact Athena right now. They would surely catch the communication, right?

Both of these make sense. I don't want to bring Athena in on this conversation until we're positive he won't kill us (which he easily, easily could, being the tech priest of all tech priests). As well, I think we need to focus on the future. Whether these are days of futures [influenced by the] past is irrelevant for now. We need to make sure that he knows we have a backup plan, and with that, comes hope not only for the Mars Federation, but for the Imperium as well. We can have the two-headed model still, or not, but it all rests on the shoulders of the Mechanicus right now. If we can end the reliance on the Warp, we can do whatever we want, basically. My vote personally is to make the Corpse God a figurehead ornament on the prow of the Beast. But that's just me. ;)

So yes. Let's assure that we'll be in a position of power when the new universe order comes into being. It's our duty as a Rogue Trader.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Just Tell Grandpa Magos everything

It'll be fine. Keeping all these secrets was driving us insane.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

JT Jag posted:

"Superpowers" of the Imperium:

- The Adeptus Administratum, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "Terra"

- The Adeptus Mechanicus, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "Mars"

- The Adeptus Ministorum, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "the Church"

- The Holy Orders of the Emperor's Inquisition, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "Titan"

- The Adeptus Astartes, aka who they're usually talking about when they say "Space Marine"

Good post, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

x x x x x keep going
x x x repair the throne
x x play telephone
x vague prompts