Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Blasphemaster posted:

Everything past Mars is a total loss with the exception of Titan. Divert all resources to plan SHOOT EM INTO THE SUN. Alternatively, redirect ALL PRODUCTION in the system to construct a huge goddamn swarm of radar spoofing wild weasel FF missiles that carry payloads of yhr densest poo poo we can find. They will be primarily engines and carry no explosive payload to speak of. If thwy hit, they do nice kinetic damage for us. If they get neutralized by PDC fire, they turn from slugs into buckshot. Hats off to Sir Isaac Newton.

f.e. didn't Hera hijack our Titan?

She gave it back :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Blasphemaster posted:

Everything past Mars is a total loss with the exception of Titan. Divert all resources to plan SHOOT EM INTO THE SUN. Alternatively, redirect ALL PRODUCTION in the system to construct a huge goddamn swarm of radar spoofing wild weasel FF missiles that carry payloads of yhr densest poo poo we can find. They will be primarily engines and carry no explosive payload to speak of. If thwy hit, they do nice kinetic damage for us. If they get neutralized by PDC fire, they turn from slugs into buckshot. Hats off to Sir Isaac Newton.

f.e. didn't Hera hijack our Titan?

I like this idea because it's messy and simple. Junkrain

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

That was my thought. Stop a train with a penny made of depleted uranium kind of deal.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 407,783
Jan 5 Goal: 416,129

High Lords

“And you, Master of Assassins? What do you think?” Was your tone sarcastic? Hopefully not.
He stared at the spatial map for a time, then grunted. “It’s a trap.”
“How you figure?”
He gestured. “Someone is only this big and obvious when they want to hold your eye. An invading fleet large enough to raid, but unable to land? We can rebuild the Shipyards. The Horus Heresy hurt us a lot worse than losing Thule. There is something more to this than Huron trying to show up the Despoiler.”

“You think he … what, wants us to commit our forces? Contest Thule?”
“I’m saying this isn’t the main event. It’s a distraction. More than asking what Huron wants to do, I want to see what he wants us to do. Should we expect a second fleet to hit us after we commit? Should we hold in place, force him to come to us?” He shook his head. “There is something more to this, mark my words.”

“How would you attack Sol, given known disposition?” You were curious, watching Devries work was fascinating.
“You familiar with horns of the dillema?” You shook your head. “How about the shell game?” He glanced at you meaningfully. “That you’ve encountered, I daresay.”
Memories of atomic fire. “Yeah.”

He reached out to the table, began moving little bits and pieces. “So, horns of the dillema. We have two vital places we need to defend. I make a show of going for them. We can reinforce one entirely, and I hit the other. Or we can split our forces, and weaken both. I might even go for the third target you didn’t see.” He glanced at you. “Shell game. You are following the cups, but the ball isn’t there at all.”

“Setting up no-lose scenarios.”
“Quite so. So, I ask the question. How does Huron set up his no-lose scenario?”

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
If we had a handful of orkz this would be easy as can be.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
He's coming at us from our blind spot, the Warp. As soon as we move he warps in as close as he can to Terra and blitzes Terra's defenses and instigates a groundwar. Panic and terror cripple the planet while our fleets scramble back too late.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Let's check in with our resident godlike AIs about teleporting our ships instantaneously to match any kind of fucky moves on Huron's part. You moved 3 people half a universe away - what's one ship a few million kilometers?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Arkanomen posted:

He's coming at us from our blind spot, the Warp. As soon as we move he warps in as close as he can to Terra and blitzes Terra's defenses and instigates a groundwar. Panic and terror cripple the planet while our fleets scramble back too late.

This. Short-range Warp jumps are a thing, and the moment we thunder off towards him, he'll Picard Manouevre Terra and it's all over.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

So I think I covered every High Lord's opinion, so its really up to the thread to decide the course of action :D

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if we can spoof a significant attack force heading their way so we can drop the hammer on the real threat when Terra seems even more undefended? Something Athena can help with?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Plan Junkrain does have its merits. I think it not only would work but really piss him off.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Maybe we can develop a cure to the iloveyou meme before hitting him with it?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
He's got Anna with him, and she's a webway gal. And oh, isn't there a webway exit in the throne room?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

sullat posted:

He's got Anna with him, and she's a webway gal. And oh, isn't there a webway exit in the throne room?
That portal doesn't work anymore. It got turned into a warp rift when Magnus made his big whoopsie, and only by the grace of the Emperor's butt on his throne does a second Eye of Terror centered on Terra not spontaneously open up at any given time

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
If it's mind games the enemy wants, it's mind games they get.

Man all of Terra's remaining ships with skeleton crews and tell them to flee the system. Set a few important buildings on fire and have some no-name second in commands contact Huron declaring their unconditional surrender. Let them think the people in command have fled and that the planet is in a state of panic; ripe for the plucking. Then when he lands on the surface, have our ships return and destroy his fleet. Prepare ambushes at all of the locations he is likely to visit.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Mind game?

Welcome them into Terra. Empty Fort Strategy

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Huron already has his no-lose scenario. He can just keep advancing slowly, scavenging what he doesn't wreck, until he reaches Terra. We need to co-ordinate with Mars, now. Surely they have logic engines that can run this scenario hundreds of thousands of times and see what he could do that would hurt us the most?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Don't we have a fancy future predictor in our heads that we paid a bunch of xp for and hardly ever use? Can we use it now?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nyaa posted:

Mind game?

Welcome them into Terra. Empty Fort Strategy

I don't think this would be effective. There's no risk great enough that would deter them from knowingly walking into an ambush. They're going all in with their chips here.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There Bias Two posted:

I don't think this would be effective. There's no risk great enough that would deter them from knowingly walking into an ambush. They're going all in with their chips here.
Yes, that's where we shoot the emperor.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nyaa posted:

Yes, that's where we shoot the emperor.

What?! That's crazy.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There Bias Two posted:

What?! That's crazy.

Plan Anticheese

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I don't think that would be well-received by anyone that isn't a servant of Chaos. People will blame or revere us for however this plays out, so I do not vote for emptying the Sol system and then murdering the Emperor.

I'll try to put together a plan in a few hours.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I bet the device we installed has been silently working this entire time such that the Emperor himself will be able to wake up just as the pirates kick in the door.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I the device is clearly installing nanobots into the Corpse God's skull. Hera is going to have a remote controlled Alpha-plus psyker / emperor of man in a month or two.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I hope the diorama is staged in a cut-down shoebox, like a true diorama. Maybe some paper mache on that bitch.

Anywho, I support the throwing/weaponizing space junk idea. It's two birds with one stone. We're cleaning up the 'environment' and shredding the enemy at the same time. Plus it would be funny if a Sprint ComSat hits Anna in the face.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Outrail posted:

I the device is clearly installing nanobots into the Corpse God's skull. Hera is going to have a remote controlled Alpha-plus psyker / emperor of man in a month or two.

We've shown our device to BOTH Hera AND Athena, right? Remind me, did we test it on blanks and psychers?

With the aid of the device, the Emprah can finally finish his ten thousand year poo poo, and get off the black hole. Chaos rushes in to fill the gap.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
It mushed Travis back together and he's a Psyker.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I support the throwing/weaponizing space junk idea. It's two birds with one stone. We're cleaning up the 'environment' and shredding the enemy at the same time. Plus it would be funny if a Sprint ComSat hits Anna in the face.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
If we clean up Terra's exosphere and kill some of Anna's chaos legions would it be improper to call it killing two birds with one stone?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Throw us in our Titan at them. There's no way they're prepared for that at all. No one in the Chaos factions has any idea what that thing can really do.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

If Titan were to drop into, then back out of (or out of, then back into depending on where it is at the moment, or even just one way) The Warp, would this have the effect of a moon sized depth charge or something? Or does vacuum/other stuff make it not work that way

Science goons please advise

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 6, 2016

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

maxhush posted:

If Titan were to drop into, then back out of (or out of, then back into depending on where it is at the moment, or even just one way) The Warp, would this have the effect of a moon sized depth charge or something? Or does vacuum/other stuff make it not work that way

I uhh...don't think we can extrapolate the results of briefly interacting with a plane of existence that doesn't share the same physical laws.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

maxhush posted:

Space is not an ocean.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

maxhush posted:

That would be super fun. Just start creating hosed up kinda-black holes all over the place. I'm sure even Tzeentch would laugh at that one. Zapping the Chaos Fleet to random points in the universe/time.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Reminder that warp-fuckery is what ended the DAoT civilization in the first place. Don't assume that just because it's old a piece of sports equipment can take everything they've got.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waci posted:

Reminder that warp-fuckery is what ended the DAoT civilization in the first place. Don't assume that just because it's old a piece of sports equipment can take everything they've got.
Also there's this thing called "scrapcode" that is specifically designed to corrupt pesky machines like our Titan

The enemy fleet doesn't have a significant Dark Mechanicus presence with it so we probably don't have to worry about it that much, but it's something to keep in mind.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
As something designed for memetic warfare, I would hope the titan has defenses against memetic attack vectors.

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008
Weaponized spacejunk

I vote we also try to kludge together some warp torpedoes (with AI help), guided projectiles that are launched directly into the warp, then re-emerge near the target.
Try dodging and shooting down projectiles that appear right next to or inside your ships Huron!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

JT Jag posted:

Also there's this thing called "scrapcode" that is specifically designed to corrupt pesky machines like our Titan

The enemy fleet doesn't have a significant Dark Mechanicus presence with it so we probably don't have to worry about it that much, but it's something to keep in mind.

Somehow I doubt the Grey-Knight trained Magos Inquisitor has no scrapcode defense prepared, but FAR dumber things have happened itt so who knows?