Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

YOU CALL THAT GLOWING!? YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING *throws carefully arranged flowers on the floor and storms off*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

LowellDND posted:

Yup! The finest clone meats and synth skin money can buy.

/searches GIS for fancy slit-leg dresses

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Congrats on the graduation! Should have had some more Psych though. People ask the most amusing questions when they learn you studied it. I usually get asked to do an on the spot full psychological profile. :rolleyes:

Plans now that you've got the degree?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Blasphemaster posted:

Congrats on the graduation! Should have had some more Psych though. People ask the most amusing questions when they learn you studied it. I usually get asked to do an on the spot full psychological profile. :rolleyes:

Plans now that you've got the degree?

My roommate has a psych degree, I usually ask her for story bits for realism :D

And, I'm going to keep writing. FOREVER

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

LowellDND posted:

My roommate has a psych degree, I usually ask her for story bits for realism :D

And, I'm going to keep writing. FOREVER

:allears: this is ok with me

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Hm...

HMMMMMMMM...

:tinfoil:

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
That's Malal. Nobody likes Malal.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Muh lol

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tran posted:

That's Malal. Nobody likes Malal.

Especially not Malal. :v:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Congrats on the book learnin', Lowell! Now you can go back to your true purpose of entertaining us on the internet, perhaps forever.

I need to vote and post more as I'm probably in single digits for both in this thread, but for now I'm letting Ark say what I'm thinking. He knows what's up.

P.S. Malal rules, second best deity behind The Laughing God.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I really want to find some malal cultists.

So what do you guys hate?
Chaos.
But you are chaos!
Yeah :( :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Malal, Chaos God of Nihilism

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Ohta "Blackfinger" Tembo, Privateer Ship "Eminent Domain"

Life aboard the Eminent Domain was no stroll down the Pilgrim's Path, since being awarded to Blackfinger for services rendered to Lord Vyrmire many years ago, it had taken on a considerable number of recruits that would never have been allowed anywhere near the gangplank of an Imperial Navy vessel. In particular, hivegangers had been drafted into service from a dozen different worlds and integrated into the crew. The main problem with such crewmen is that they brought new rivalries aboard and mingled them with the existing, much older ones.

Take for example the port and starboard batteries. Their bitter vendetta three years ago led to eight months of shadow war culminating in a melta bomb vaporising the Master of the Brotherhood of the Port Batteries.

Blackfinger showed them a new way.

-----

"BLUE 42! BLUE 42! HUT!"

The spiked ball soared through the air like an artillery shell hurled by Port's star player, Greely. It arced through the air in a parabola, perfectly lined up to land in the grasp of Gutwrench. He leapt to snatch the ball out of the air but Starboard's hottest hitter, Pipebomb, launched himself like a red-armoured missile, crunching a brutal elbow strike squarely across Gutwrench's nose and mouth.

The crowd roared as the blue-clad munitions runner backflipped and faceplanted with Pipebomb rolling neatly out of his dive and snatching the ball. A loud buzzer filled the cargo bay, which had been refitted with bleachers and goalposts. The referee signalled with his hands and announced the turnover. Half of the onlooking crowd erupted into jeering while the other half ecstatically taunted them with hand gestures and bared backsides.

"I'll never understand you people..." Menerwé said as she shook her head, her cobalt blue eyes meeting Blackfinger's. The pair were watching from what passed for the VIP box, an open balcony with several comfortable chairs, drinks dispensers and the like. Sarkoz, the ship's Navigator, had insisted on what he called a "margarita machine" that took up half of one wall.

"My people? Your people dedicate their lives to learning how to wage war. You have teleporting spidermen and ghost-powered robots, for gently caress's sake" he laughed, refilling their mugs with Ophiuchan Brown Ale and handing one to her.

"We also don't have hive gangs."

"This is better than the alternative, lets me resolve internecine conflicts, and gives the crew chance to let off steam."

"I suppose I can see the sense behind it. Pretend war replacing real."

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 19, 2017

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
FOOBAWRL!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Blood Bowl is a Warhammer Universal Constant.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Congrats on the super expensive piece of paper!

I kid, I kid. My wife just got hers after going off and on since 2006. Now onto the Masters...

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Congrats on the super expensive piece of paper!

I kid, I kid. My wife just got hers after going off and on since 2006. Now onto the Masters...

Right? In an ideal world I would be snagging this one:

https://www.cmu.edu/hss/english/graduate/ma_lcs/index.html
https://www.cmu.edu/hss/english/graduate/phd_lcs/index.html

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 428,737

The Belt

He checked himself in the mirror nervously. Not that there was anything wrong with his uniform - he had been wearing it, and performing inspections, for decades. Every strap and buckle in it’s place, every segment within the prescribed millimeter. His bolt-pistol was carefully polished and maintained, and his coat had been carefully examined for any markings or loose thread.

His hat, of course, was missing, but regulations allowed it’s absence indoors. Which he felt a boarding party counted as.

Waiting patiently for him, a squad of Grey Knights - equally immaculate, perfectly cleaned weapons, perfectly positioned ribbons and awards. He could find no fault in them, nor did he expect to. And, of course, a full company of ghosts. Krieg souls, collected from the Warp and brought to the final resting place. Taking over Agatha’s World, and drawing on the Eldar fragments of Khaine, had resulted in some unexpected consequences.

Fabiyan checked himself in the mirror once again. Everything had to be perfect.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
LACK OF HAT CONFIRMED
FALSE HUSBANDO CONFIRMED
MAIN CANNON FIRE
PURGE THE XENO

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Arkanomen posted:

LACK OF HAT CONFIRMED
FALSE HUSBANDO CONFIRMED
MAIN CANNON FIRE
PURGE THE XENO

Wow. :colbert:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Shhhh. He's trying to shoot for the moon.

There's a prize if you can get the thread to murder more than 5 main characters right?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Arkanomen posted:

LACK OF HAT CONFIRMED
FALSE HUSBANDO CONFIRMED
MAIN CANNON FIRE
PURGE THE XENO

:lol::lol::lol:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
If he don't got the hat, we ain't dealin with none of that. :nono:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

We have the hat, though.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Did he give us the hat?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

JT Jag posted:

We have the hat, though.

If it was the Real Fabiyan life would find a way. :colbert:

Maybe he can't wear the hat because he has Eldar Ears Now AND IS A FILTHY XENO LOVER!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Shhhh. He's trying to shoot for the moon.

There's a prize if you can get the thread to murder more than 5 main characters right?

Uriah's next after Fabiyan.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Arkanomen posted:

Uriah's next after Fabiyan.

Oh poo poo! Cross-thread killings! :aaa: :munch:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Oh poo poo! Cross-thread killings! :aaa: :munch:

Blood for the Cyoa Lord! Skulls for his snuff throne!

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Arkanomen posted:

If it was the Real Fabiyan life would find a way. :colbert:

Maybe he can't wear the hat because he has Eldar Ears Now AND IS A FILTHY XENO LOVER!

FABIYAN IS STILL LOYAL TO US, HOW DARE YOU

any Eldar ears are clearly the fault of Khaine.

edit: I'm out running errands and desperately refreshing, and inevitably when the reunion post hits I'm gonna started screeching like a schoolgirl.

Fabiyan is nervous too aaaaaaah it's so cute help me :swoon:

cat_herder fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 4, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 428,903

The Belt

Okay. Breathe.

Your dress was tight in all the right places, but you still felt the tension of butterflies in your stomach. Tyranid… butterflies. And they had brought their families. You hadn’t seen him in nearly a decade, trapped in your training on Titan, and he had been gone in the Warp for who knew how-long. He had been fighting daemons, and you had been training to.

The shuttle had clasped onto your ship, one of the many parasite craft that were attached to your hull, but this one was special. You glared one final time at the orchestra, and the deck officers managing the light and gravity. They would only get one chance at this, and you were determined to make sure it went right.

You could hear the pressure equalizing, long hoses filling the connecting chamber with air, and forced yourself to take another breath. You hadn’t thought you would be having so much trouble, half your body being cybernetic, but somehow he still made you feel breathless. Your hair was hissing and flailing, and you reached a hand to calm it. It did so only begrudgingly, and you took a moment to miss De la Torres. She was much better at managing it.

The gateway slowly opened, and you felt a moment of frustration as his troops thumped their way in. A handful of Grey Knights moved to stand against the wall, weapons at parade rest, and following them, a hundred spirits of Krieg. They were luminescent things, held only by their own will, and every aspect of their uniforms were as perfect as they had been in life.

Still, you knew he loved these kind of ceremonies, so you held your patience to you. With only some difficulty.

And then there he was. Looking just like you remembered, the minor creases in his uniform that were always there, the studious effort to make everything fit to regulation. He was missing his hat, and you remembered you were holding it. Tried not to twist it as you waited for him. Every aspect of you wanted to run at him, no matter the audience, but the courtesies must be upheld.

Fabiyan came to a stop in front of you, the music of the orchestra rising in welcome. He met your eyes. Saluted carefully. “Permission to come aboard?”

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Order everyone out. Do it right there in the airlock. And yes, we like it with the Hat On and wings out.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Aww yay. :3:

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Hehehhehehehe

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Embrace our Saint

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Permission Granted!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hug him, cry, say permission granted, permission always granted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Permission granted.

I'd really like to see what would happen if we declared him AWOL for 10 years completely stonefaced. Start rattling off violations, just to see if he got a little nervous, then of course, devolve into a fit of giggles because we are kawaii and Team Cat Girl is 3rd in charge.

Edit: I am formally switching to Team Cat Girl!