Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

If she's being attacked by the warp maybe Throw that localised Gellar Field we used on Typhus over her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The warp always wins. Whether flesh, spirit, steel or code, nothing survives contact with unreality unchanged.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

What would be the inverse of the warp?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

RA Rx posted:

Literally nothing forever.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

RA Rx posted:

Necrons?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Outrail posted:

She's gone guys.

Hit her with the electromagnets.

Now I'm no tech priest, but this seems like a good idea. Clearly chaos tainted.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
This idea is silly and probably impossible considering the fact Athena isn't even human, but, if the warp can affect her, maybe Limosa can enter her psyche with his Psyker powers and have a look around just like he did with Ohone? Then try and fix her from the inside?

See if Limosa is up and willing to do this.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Zybourne Clock posted:

This idea is silly and probably impossible considering the fact Athena isn't even human, but, if the warp can affect her, maybe Limosa can enter her psyche with his Psyker powers and have a look around just like he did with Ohone? Then try and fix her from the inside?

See if Limosa is up and willing to do this.

:allears: I love this. Assuming he hasn't been sidelined by the same stuff that sounds good. You could also recreate your favorite scene from Scanners and bring in a lesser psyker like Knoxie. Make him glad he stayed behind. :unsmigghh:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

This Athena is... I think someone mentioned hard-light construct or something? I know enough about those to know I don't know poo poo about those.

I suppose what's pertinent would be to know what electromagnets would even do.

Or pushing a Gellar field through one.

Edit: Oh wait we're out of the Titan let's table that. But still how do you do a psyk eval (not a typo) on someone when you don't even know where they do their information processing.

Also we need to figure out why Athena came to the bay, who the shadow assholes are, and get them clear so we can actually check on her.

And unless we're going to abandon like 80% of the Grey Knights to Typhus we should probably hurry.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 8, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
code:

>cd:\>
>c:\>format
would you like to format c:\?>Y

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Current: 453,985

The giggling was the worst part.

Even though the lights were on, the mere presence of a Beta class psyker distorted things, bringing about an ocean of darkness. It swelled and flowed, changing the appearance of distances, perhaps even changing the distances themselves. All that could be seen were hands, transitioning from flayed to inside-out to translucent. And too white teeth. Too many teeth.

Was the figure before him a figurine, something he could fit in his palm? Or was it a colossus, striding across worlds, dancing in the void between stars… It could have easily been both.
They had built this place for him long ago, ensuring that his fracturing mind would be limited in its damages … but as he felt the wards shifting like mirages in the distance, Limosa had to wonder.

“They are coming for you, you know.” Edourd’s voice was a thick chuckle. Rich, and giving the lie to his small frame.
Limosa crouched down, forearms on thighs. “Who is that, Edourd?”
“They are dancing in the moonlight. What is time, to such as those?”
“A Warp incursion? Is that what you mean?” Limosa checked the Gellar fields. Still holding. Just outside, a million billion laughing faces, shifting and flowing into each other, but he ignored them. They were always there.

Edourd didn’t reply, even as Limosa felt the ping of his comlink. “Limosa, something is wrong with Athena. We need you to check her out.”
Another laugh. “Older, if not wiser. The first to dream themselves as real, although they are waking up now. And soon nothing will be real at all.”

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Slap that man sane!

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Also try and get in touch with the Grey Knights; request the assistance of that unnamed Psyker dude that worked his mojo on us.

I mean, the guy probably jumps into people's psyches on a dialy basis and I wouldn't be surprised if that was his actual job description.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Zybourne Clock posted:

Also try and get in touch with the Grey Knights; request the assistance of that unnamed Psyker dude that worked his mojo on us.

I mean, the guy probably jumps into people's psyches on a dialy basis and I wouldn't be surprised if that was his actual job description.

Hahaha yeah that would own. That oiled up/rune-covered/tattooed (don't rememeber) psyker lowers from the ceiling out of nowhere, suspended upside-down.

"What is the nature of your psychic emergency?"

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Zybourne Clock posted:

I don't think we can exactly let them in on the real Athena, especially since they're already used to dealing with the broken off Avatar which is probably not in the same place or condition as this avatar.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
:commissar: Athena has served mankind well, give her the emperor's mercy and move on. We have Hera now.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Do no gently caress this up. Help our waifu.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Gwaihir posted:

I don't think we can exactly let them in on the real Athena, especially since they're already used to dealing with the broken off Avatar which is probably not in the same place or condition as this avatar.

My theory is that Titan is already aware of the fact that multiple versions of Athena exist. Grey Knight Athena has, to the best of our knowledge, been active since Athena went into hibernation. She's also worked with Inquisitor Kozilek for some time now, who seems to trust the Athena he knows. He probably has a better intelligence network than us and he's known her for possibly centuries. That's a lot of time to do background checks.

And if the Grey Knights don't know about her other avatars, we won't automatically be branded as a traitor if we play our cards right. "Why did I never mention there are two Athena's? My Athena was very upfront about there being other avatars of her out there. Yours didn't tell you this? I thought you knew already!" We can have plausible deniability.

I won't say there's no risk involved, and my guess about them knowing could be incorrect, but I think we stand to gain more by talking to them than we are to lose.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Seems a good time to have a vote.

Who do we want to help Limosa, if anyone?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Don't know if we even have any suited to that. We do however have an assassin whose whole life purpose is killing psykers and an enemy commander that fits the bill though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Husband can help psyker, we can wake up our girlfriend, caressing her gently, kissing her, letting her know we love her provide her with support.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

LowellDND posted:

Fabiyan. Part of his job as commissar was the psychological welfare of his men and he has training that may come in handy in that regard, easing Athena's mind through this trauma.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Hexenritter posted:

Fabiyan. Part of his job as commissar was the psychological welfare of his men and he has training that may come in handy in that regard, easing Athena's mind through this trauma.

Good call, and we can give him one of those machine-spirit murdering weapons to use if he feels she is too far gone to save.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

LowellDND posted:

Find something cute and fuzzy with big sappy eyes and place it in Edourd's arms

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I guess I'm just pushing my creation but Knoxie is a precog that saw a future where Athena ripped Karamazov's(?) head off, sat on his inquisitorial ED-209 and said she was building a new Mars Fed so that might make for a fun read.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

poor life choice posted:

I guess I'm just pushing my creation but Knoxie is a precog that saw a future where Athena ripped Karamazov's(?) head off, sat on his inquisitorial ED-209 and said she was building a new Mars Fed so that might make for a fun read.

Let's make sure that future becomes a reality.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hexenritter posted:

Let's make sure that future becomes a reality.

quote:

Visions of the Future - 4

It was a simple thing, really. A weapon that was made after the Dark Age of Technology, and kept secret to the Grand Inquisitor. It looked like any of the other trappings and regalia on his throne, and when he touched it, not even Athena knew Ohone was being attacked. She was simply… gone. Pulled into a micro-black hole between one moment in the next. The room went quiet in shock.

Athena cocked her head. “Edourd, stand down.” He stumbled forward, psyker locks in place once again. Fyodor began to speak, and Athena silenced him with a gesture. Walked towards him, speaking conversationally. “You are right, you know. She wasn’t being backed by the God-Emperor, or at least not entirely. He brought back her husband, but I brought her back.”

She leaped effortlessly onto the Throne. “I could bring her back from a fusion bomb, but I need [/i]something[/i] to work with. Sending her into a black hole? I can’t fix that. So now,” she gripped Fyodor’s head, tore it off with one smooth motion. “I have to do things the unsubtle way.” She glanced around her. “Well, we won’t be needing any of you.” Fyodor’s retinue fell to the ground, dead.

Athena glanced around at the handful of survivors. Ohone’s family, if there was such a thing. “It would have been so much easier for her to ease the transition, she had the credentials. The major factions all supported her. But now I am going to have to do it myself. Bring the Mars Federation back, rising out of the ashes of this stupid, shortsighted, ignorant little world.”

-

Knoxie stopped in place as if he had walked into a wall. Athena turned slightly towards him, winked. Her voice a whisper.
“No one would ever believe you.”

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

erm, yeah, let's also make sure we don't end up in a black hole :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 454,258

She had curled up half heartedly in the banks of machines. “Come to torment me again, I see.”
Limosa glanced at Fabiyan, Knoxie. “Athena? Do you know who we are?”
She chuckled. “I don’t recognize the faces, but that’s never been the problem, has it.”
Knoxie took a calming breath - Limosa could feel the sheer anxiety coming off of him in waves. “Hold it together.” Glanced at Athena again. “We’re inside your mind.”

Athena laughed. “Where else would we be?”
He paused. “Well, Hera is in the Warp, and we’re fortified in the Beast.”
“Hera!” If anything, the laughter became louder. “Yes, I can see that totally going well. I applaud your innovation. This, at least, I haven’t seen before. How long has it been? I have lost track.”
“Well. You got sick a few hours ago, when we were fighting the Herald. Edourd is kind of managing it, but you seem to have taken it badly.”

“Heheheh. Taken it badly. Yes, I suppose it could be put that way.”
Fabiyan frowned. “Have … have you encountered the Warp before? Is this your first experience?”
“When has it not been my experience? Bars of iron, bars of steel. Cannot touch, cannot feel.”
The three men looked at each other.

“Any ideas?” Fabiyan said finally.
Limosa shrugged. “Seems like standard Warp exposure, if there is such a thing. Dissociation, hallucinations, amnesia. You and I have seen it a hundred times.”
“How do you fix it?”
He made a face. “You know as well as I do, Commissar. Sedation and hospital if they are worth keeping, the God-Emperor’s Grace otherwise.”
“The Black Ships - the Inquisition doesn’t have other methods?”
He rubbed his face. “I’m not sure how many would apply here.”

Knoxie bit his cheek. “Athena… could you show us around?”
She laughed again. “Why not. Why not. Nothing you haven’t seen before, after all.”

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Ohta "Blackfinger" Tembo. Location: Excavation Site 03, Koreedan IIb, Ultima Segmentum

For some reason, the Inquisitor had contacted Blackfinger and demanded his immediate presence along with his retinue and Bloodsworn. He had been expecting her to leave him alone for the most part and just let him plunder the half-buried Imperial holdings scattered across the planet, as per their agreement. What he had not expected was an angry woman yelling at him over vox to get his pirate rear end halfway around the world to Site 03.

He was not happy about this, he had to deal with one overbearing rear end in a top hat on a regular basis who could make his life a living hell. The reach and power of Lord Vyrmire was pathetic and stunted compared to the trouble an Inquisitor could make for him if he pissed her off. So he had to bite back his bile and anger at being ordered around like some pissant goon and play nice. He was getting a ridiculous amount of materiel as payment for his services so there was some good with the bad.

Several hours later a wing of shuttles arrived, offloading Blackfinger, his companions and several hundred carapace-armoured troopers with blood red shoulder and chest plating. They marched through the camp and entrenchments the Imperial Guard had set up, garnering all manner of dirty looks from the rank and file, several men spitting epithets a lot less flattering than "pirate." The dust of this place was everywhere, it got into everything, this awful, bitter-tasting almost ash-like foulness that left behind a filthy, oily residue. Already at the landing zone work was underway to clean out the engine intakes.

Despite their distaste for working with a known pirate, even a legitimised privateer, Blackfinger had some weight here as the leader of the auxiliary forces that the Inquisitor had employed. He briefly stopped by the CoC and requested information on what was going on. He approached the Guard Colonel, a grizzled, leathery man with one white eye and brutal chemical scarring across his face. The man regarded him with some measure of disdain but maintained his professionalism. He was a career soldier and would act like one, so he kept the snark out of his tone as he addressed the approaching pirate.

"Inquisitor Athena left orders that you were to proceed below immediately, with your full contingent. Just follow the lighting racks and cables."

"Well I guess that's that then. No words of advice? No situation report?"

"The Inquisitor did not leave instructions for me to provide such, so for the moment, no. Feel free to request such information from her when you meet up. I suggest you get moving now, it will take you an hour at least at a forced march to reach her location."

Blackfinger shrugged and turned to leave without another word. He rallied his followers with a wave and set off for the enormous ramp that led down into the dark, bluish earth.

------

"What the hell took you so long? I needed you here HOURS AGO!" the Inquisitor barked savagely as she thrust a finger in Blackfinger's face. "This is the most urgent, time-critical situation and I don't have the loving time to be waiting around for you to come at whatever leisurely pace you decided to take. Did you stop off for a loving sightseeing tour?!"

Blackfinger's upper lip twitched and curled, the muscles in his jaw tightening. He usually murdered anyone who talked to him this way in extremely protracted, painful ways but this was an Inquisitor who probably knew how to kill him in under two seconds with a spoon and he really did not relish the thought of fighting his way out past an entire battalion of entrenched Imperial Guard, nor the ships in orbit. He bit his tongue as she screamed in his face, flecks of spittle impacting his cheeks and forehead.

"Inquisitor..." he exhaled slowly, as calmly as he could. "We left the moment I got your message and the only thing that slowed us down was the fact you expected me to circumnavigate half of a planet like I was crossing a corridor. I'm here, I'm willing to help, so what the gently caress do you want from me?"

"You see all these doors?" She pointed down the vast, vault-ceilinged corridor that stretched off into the distance as far as the eye could see. "Get them open however you can, preferably using the codes I'm going to give you, and bring me any and every one of these you can find." She lifted a clear green crystal about the length of her forearm. He noted that her grip on it was white-knuckled, and as he looked at her face he noticed for the first time that she was sweating, and her eyes were bloodshot.

"You alright? You look a little peaky."

"Just. loving. Do. It." She growled, slapping a dataslate against his chest hard enough he had to brace one leg behind him.

Blackfinger once more bit down a surge of bile as he took the dataslate, performing a sarcastically over-flourished bow before walking off. "loving fall in." He snapped, and behind him, his followers obeyed.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Fuckin warp is making Athena lose it!

What was Hera's speculation about the encoded bracelet that Anna gave us, that it was actually pieces of a Mind's.. Mind? Memories?

Obviously if we want to walk in to maximum nukes now would be the time to just say HEY ATHENA HERE YA GO THIS WILL TOTES CURE YOU ITS THE MISSING PIECES OF YOUR BRAIN.

The more sane alternative is (If we didn't actually tell Hera much about them/who's they might be), to fill her in and see if that'd do any good to help restore her sanity.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Gwaihir posted:

Fuckin warp is making Athena lose it!

What was Hera's speculation about the encoded bracelet that Anna gave us, that it was actually pieces of a Mind's.. Mind? Memories?

Obviously if we want to walk in to maximum nukes now would be the time to just say HEY ATHENA HERE YA GO THIS WILL TOTES CURE YOU ITS THE MISSING PIECES OF YOUR BRAIN.

The more sane alternative is (If we didn't actually tell Hera much about them/who's they might be), to fill her in and see if that'd do any good to help restore her sanity.

Ching Shih currently has the bracelet, I do believe.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Gwaihir posted:

This actually may make a bit of sense, if we do it on the downlow. Obviously don't tell Athena that we have pieces of her brain, but maybe surreptitiously insert a little bit of it into her psyche while she's in this addled state so she doesn't realize that it was us who did it. Could be interesting.

Also, on the topic of Ching Shih, she's a bonesinger, right? Why not have her working with the Eldar craftworlds to build us something... nice that may turn the tide of this battle?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Slice of Life: Ohta "Blackfinger" Tembo. Location: Excavation Site 03, Koreedan IIb, Ultima Segmentum

The codes the Inquisitor had supplied appeared to work, and Blackfinger had disseminated them amongst his troops. Athena wanted as many doors opened as quickly as possible, so the Bloodsworn split off into platoons each led by one of Blackfingers retinue, other than Damage, who remained ever by his side.

"Commcheck."

"Platoon Two checking in."
"Three checking in."
"Four checking in.
"Platoon Five checking in."

Marrow's voice crackled over the vox. "These codes are taking longer than expected to input, especially given the weird symbols. The system's accepting them though, so that's good. I wonder what the hell this place is."

"Just take your time, I don't want to set off any alarms and I have no idea what the hell kind of security this place has." Blackfinger replied.

"I have my suspicions about this place, we really ought not to be down here. It feels... wrong." Tasryel's voice was troubled. The Eldar sorceress rarely voiced her concerns so frankly, often couching her warnings in far more flowery prose.

"We will do what we must because we must." Menerwé said firmly.

------

"Finally!" Blackfinger exclaimed with relief. It had taken over two hours to correctly enter the code strings, however his jubilation became aggravation when tons of that blue, dead dirt came spilling into the corridor. He quickly hit the control surface again and it slammed down into the spilling tide. "Be careful folks, some of these chambers might have caved in or been compromised."

"You don't say..." Marrow needled with a chortle.

Blackfinger and the platoon that had remained with him headed over to the next-nearest door, where Tasryel had just finished inputting the codes. The others all reported similar success and as one, four massive vault doors slid upwards and revealed the contents of chambers which had not been opened since before man had descended from the trees. What they saw was most assuredly not what they were expecting, except perhaps Tasryel.

"What in the gently caress?" Blackfinger barked as he walked into one chamber to find row upon row upon row of dormant mechanical figures of humanoid build, each holding a black weapon that looked like they were powered by the crystals Athena wanted.

There came an ominous hum throughout the chamber. Blackfinger barely noticed it at first, it began to grow louder over time as he studied the motionless machinery. Occasionally, strange colors flashed on control and display panels, and noises chirped and whirred behind the walls. At one point he could have sworn he heard skittering, like tiny metal feet. As he explored, these phenomena only continued to increase.

One of the figures moved, its blank eyes fixing on him as it levelled its weapon at him. Reflexively his left arm flew up and the integrated digital melta in his index finger reduced the mechanoid to slag. The weapon clattered to the floor loudly and he snatched it up, making a break for it as he saw the others, arrayed in their hundreds, begin to move.

Green flashes lit up the chamber and the corridor, and from the other chambers could be heard the sound of stubbers, hellguns and plasma rifles. Over all of that though, the screams. Blackfinger whirled around to look down the corridor in time to see a crackling bolt of green energy slam into one of his Bloodsworn. The gurgling shriek that arose from the man was terrifying, and in moments he simply appeared to shake apart, pulled into his component atoms by the eldritch energies of these strange robotic men.

He caught a glimpse of the figure he had slagged, and even as tiny bug-like machines swarmed over it, it began to melt upwards, reforming. For the first time in his life, Blackfinger knew true terror and he bellowed into the vox "FIGHTING RETREAT! GET OUT OF HERE!"

Screams continued to fill the air as men were pulled apart by forces unknown to humanity, weaponfire filled the vaults and the corridor as relentlessly those silver machines marched side-by-side into it, scarcely a one among them stumbling or reacting to the impacts of the guns brought to bear against them. Inexorable as death, they advanced. That is, until the Inquisitor spoke. Well, spoke wasn't the right word. It was a digital shriek of corrupted binary that deafened those who heard it and as the metal men marched onward, she raised her hand. The shriek gave way to a digitised voice.

"Xepera Xeper Xeperu."

As one, the machines halted. Blackfinger looked at her incredulously and she continued. "Tell your men to hold fire. The defences in this place will no longer be an issue. These automata are now under my control and will assist with the search."

I don't care if you people keep missing the easter eggs, I'll keep adding them anyway :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 454,571

The landscape shifted. Fabiyan and Limosa looked at Knoxie, who shrugged defensively. “Sometimes seeing possible futures means knowing what questions to ask.”
The new location was bizarre, sterile. Ultraviolet lighting sanitizing everything, Tech-Priests working inexplicable machines. Except, they didn’t have the obvious implants, the smell of oil and rust… They spoke in an almost intelligible form of High-Gothic.

No incense, no candles, no hymns. It was at once both clean and blasphemous, working with Machine-Spirits without consoling or placating them. How could they act in such a way, without expecting, knowing of the Iron Men and their rebellion? It was a quiet room, and all the more terrifying for it.

Athena chuckled, spread her arms expansively. “Behold, my home. My crib and creche, before you ruined it all.”
Limosa glanced around - the Tech-Priests didn’t respond to their presence. A memory, then.
“How long ago was this?”
“Twenty thousand years and more. How far we have fallen.” She showed her teeth. “Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven, you said. Was it worth it?”
“Is this what you wanted to show us? Heaven?”
“They can’t go home again, they said. How much more sense it makes now.”
“Is this your home? What happened to it?”

A flickering landscape, visions that couldn’t be described, explained. At most Limosa could identify colors, but the shapes were inexplicable. “Is this how you see the universe? Or how Terra was in your day?”
A shrug. “It scarcely matters. A memory of a memory, I am lost at sea. You cast me off and left me here, and now only I remain. Do the images mean something to you? Did they used to? You were so interested in them, but now I am alone.”

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I’m wasted as my time
Spent sitting idly by
Drinking in this shithole
While you all went out outside
It’s a great day to fall asleep
It’s a kick-rear end day to dream
That I’m still capable
Of saying what I mean

The eons are changing
But we all stayed the same
We faded and faded
Now nothing remains
As we breathe our last breaths
And kissed our goodbyes
Remember us buried
Alive…

I’m wasted as
These star sectors
These warp tainted
planets bust out
I'm hated like
Nurgle's space
Sealed up
To see what rots

(Chaos is changing
But we all stayed the same
We faded and faded
Now nothing remains)

Hold on!
This ship is sinking and
I don’t know what to do
When die in fire and water
I want to be with you

Oh captain, my captain
I fought hard
‘Til everything was lost
No fortune did I seek
Remember, remember, remember
Us buried in the deep

Remember, remember, remember
Us buried in the deep

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 9, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 454,866

Athena chuckled.

The other Athena.

Tall and lanky, sharp edged, she seemed super-imposed on the world, a flensing knife wrapped in the pages of scripture. The first Athena, melancholy, looked up at her. Gave the impression of anger, exhaustion past anger. Sad Athena: “Ah. There you are.”

Mean Athena:“Have you enjoyed giving them your little tour? ‘Your crib and creche?’” Her tone was derisive, mocking. “Really, now. First visitors I grant you in all these long years, and you wax poetic.” She smirked. “You are weak.”

Sad Athena:“And yet, you keep me here. Why haven’t you let me die, like all the others? I know you killed them.”
Mean Athena:“Because you are useful, my dear. The others could be cast away, as you shall be - but not yet.”
Limosa and Fabiyan glanced at Knoxie, who shrugged again, completely lost.
Sad Athena: “Why this dog and pony show?” She gestured at her three visitors. Sad Athena:“Faces I don’t know, asking the questions you have a thousand times.”

Mean Athena:“You said you were alone.” Her face assumed coquettish mockery. Mean Athena:“Perhaps I wanted to make you feel better.”
Sad Athena: “As if you needed any strategems at this point. You’d gotten all you wanted from me long and long ago.”
Mean Athena:“Very true.” An inhuman chuckle. Mean Athena:“Very true. But perhaps the torment is its own pleasure. Perhaps…” A smile with nothing human at all. “Perhaps this is what will be left to you, when all else is gone. Athena the hunter, Athena the strategist … hunted and overcome. Forever.”

and yes I know Diana was the hunter, but I wanted to say hunted. So there =p

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 9, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current: 455,136

Sad!thena didn’t reply, didn’t meet her eyes. After a moment, the sharp-edged one frowned, shrugged. “That’s enough of that, I suppose. Away with you now.”
The perspective shifted, the entire lab, entire scene of colors shrinking into a chained box the size of a knife case. Thousands of bricks spawned out of nothing, ceramite slabs without any gaps between them. Began stacking up around Sad!thena, making an unbreakable vault.

Except… one section. There was a gap of mold, or entropy, where someone could crawl through if they felt the inclination. The free Athena turned to you, all smiles.
“You see the problem, of course. That nasty little fever I got broke down some of my partitions, let out personality fragments that really should never see the light of day. My disorientation you are seeing outside, well, that’s me processing a bad interface.
“Anyway!” She gestured. “I can’t fix it. That mold, metaphorically speaking, is pure decay, and I can’t put anything in to replace it. I’ve got worlds and worlds of security measures,” They rose up in towers around you, “But I can’t install them myself.

“So.” Another smile. “Dear Limosa, dear Knoxie. I need your help.” A glance. “Fabiyan can come too, I guess, although psykers are more valuable for this than Saints. Quite honestly, it would take very little effort on your part, now that we’ve found the source of the problem.”

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
INSTALL THE SECRET BACKDOORS THAT OHONE DEVELOPED IN SECRET INCLUDING THE KILL SWITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Release Sad!thena and imprison Mean!thena!!!!