Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I'm excited about Imperial Assault as a source of minis for the RPG. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

ChiTownEddie posted:

The guy who runs our session (which btw is via hangouts) is super excited for this same reason. Also because it sounds fun I suppose.

About the only thing better than the minis would be if FFG released all of their book art online for use in EotE hangouts games.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

drat, you're right. I read the article twice but somehow skipped over that line. And when I checked the Core set description page, all the images etc had pictures of totally different minis than the ones in the first expansion wave, so I thought that my explanation makes sense.

But yeah, it seems like a pretty weird business model.

It's kind of what the board game Eclipse did -- the base game has the same ship models for every player in different colors of plastic. You can get the expansion that has new, unique ship models with some other new components for the game.

It also allows them to set the base game at a lower price point.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

It's a joke, there's nothing gained by it and I couldn't care less about getting it a couple weeks later. I do, however, expect some pictures of a set up.

Pictures of a set up, and pictures of some more minis painted.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I haven't used the app yet. If it actually summarizes the outcome of a later-game large handful of the RPG dice (three red, two purple, two yellow, one green, two blue, and two black [12 dice!] could be pretty commonplace for higher-level characters), I think it would be worth $5 no matter how many dice I own.