Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

jivjov posted:

Fantasy Flight just posted a statement about the port delays and the like, citing the following products as delayed:

• Rogue Squadron cycle for Star Wars™: The Card Game
  • Fly Casual supplement for Edge of the Empire
  • First wave of Imperial Assault Ally Packs and Villain Packs
  • The Lost Realm deluxe expansion for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game
  • Star Wars: Armada Core Set
  • Star Wars: Armada Dice Pack

:( I need my fix now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
Are we thinking a March release for Armada now?

Also, all I've gotten to do with ImpAss is play a tutorial scenario and it seems super fun.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
I'm pretty sad I ordered from cardhaus, I saved some money but I won't see my game until wave 1.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
Does anyone have a good pie in the sky buy list for armada? I've got 250 bucks to burn on it.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

The starter plus one of each of the launch expansions is $199 from miniature market, seems like a good start? Makes 2x Victory, 1x Gladiator, 13x TIE squadron, 1x Assault Frigate, 2x Nebulon, 2x Corvette and 13 fighter squadron.

if you had to fill in at least fifty more than that, where would you go from there? Dice is a must, but what else?

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

FishFood posted:

Does anybody know how armada's dice compare to one another? I'm having a difficult time judging how good the different ships and squadrons are.

Also, I'm way too hype about Armada. When that scum pack is released it looks like armada ships will be great for SW RPG space battles too.

Might want to look here - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1340006/dice

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
Anyone know where to play Armada in DFW

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

Cobbsprite posted:

Move out of Texas. Seriously, what you want is Madness Games and Comics in Plano. Huge community there for X-wing and a growing one for Armada. Casual league on Thursday nights.

I'd been by that place before and I knew they did x wing, do I just bring my stuff and show up?

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

Grey Hunter posted:

This is public service announcement from the PAINT YOU FIGHTERS movement. (please note, for anyone who has never taken a picture of a model before, the camera exposes every flaw - these look a lot better in real life.)

Ties are ties - just hit the fins with some black within the lines.

X-Wings and B-Wings, That red stripe is a paint, but a little goes a long way here. Make sure you wash them to give them that dirty rebel feel.

Now these buggers I'm proud of, look at those Y wings - most of that is a wash.

Thank you for your time. Now paint your fighters and post the results!

Do you paint those fighters still on the stands, or how do you do that

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

FishFood posted:

I just got this bag which fits a good bunch of them nicely. Convenient if you play multiple minis games, so you can keep a bunch of the trays in a box at home and just take what you need to play. I'm very happy with the system.

Is there an easy way to figure out what size foam you need for the various ships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

FishFood posted:

I measured the miniatures and just got foam sized up a little from that. I ended up getting 2x 2 inch trays, 1x 3 inch, 1x 2.5 inch, 2x 1 inch, and 2x 1.5 inch and it fits all my stuff nicely with a ton of room for expansion.

Did you make a longer post with pictures that I missed somewhere, this sounds pretty great