Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Metallica is better. Dave Mustaine is a doof and he cant sing.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

i did a duncan vs macbeth swordfight video for AP English in highschool it was kickin rad

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
You know what was some excellent poo poo? Measure For measure

I also have not seen this not have I read it. It's perfect into eyes

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Absalom Baird posted:

But in fact their IS incest, OP; by the standards of the time, the cucking of the old king by his brother was considered INCESTOUS

I am the king of king cucking, they call me king king cucker.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

vandalism posted:

This poo poo right here is good: http://video.pbs.org/video/1604122998/

Patrick Stewart as Macbeth, Kate Fleetwood as Lady Mac. It's a good movie if you wanna see some dark-rear end poo poo. It's Macbeth with a strong Soviet influence. The guy who plays the porter also owns and does some funny poo poo.

Macbeth is excellent. Corruption and power are such universal themes. Most of Macbeth's soliloquies are excellent. I like the one in which he talks about killing Duncan quickly and then vacillating. Lady Mac definitely steals the show, though, when she talks about killing dat baby. His progressing grief and then acceptance of who he is owns.

Tromeo and Juliet is the best Shakespeare inspired work that uses the modern times setting.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Alan Smithee posted:

You know what was some excellent poo poo? Measure For measure

I also have not seen this not have I read it. It's perfect into eyes

Measure for Measure is really good and totally overlooked. I really like Much Ado About Nothing also.

Ol' Shakesy has something for everybody!

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Tromeo and Juliet is hilarious.

The John Cleese Taming of the Shrew is really good. A horribly misogynistic play, but what are you gonna do.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homestar Runner posted:

Measure for Measure is really good and totally overlooked. I really like Much Ado About Nothing also.

Ol' Shakesy has something for everybody!

The best way to punish a troublemaker is forcing him to marry a prostitute.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Angelo was such a dickhead. The most overlooked plays are easily Cymbeline and A Winter's Tale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Kelfeftaf posted:

Angelo was such a dickhead. The most overlooked plays are easily Cymbeline and A Winter's Tale.

The interesting thing about these later plays is that Shakesy's growing disillusionment with the idea of romance and total lack of faith in humanity is so obvious by the end of his life/career that the "happily ever after" ending you get is 100% ironic, because he ultimately decides you're all too shallow to handle anything else.

• Locked thread